Birchbox February 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did end up picking the Arrow lip balm like I knew I would! I've heard great things about the Ren mask, but I received it in some box months ago (I think it was Beauty Fix), and I still haven't used it! I still want to but I am more of a sheet mask person than a put stuff on your face and wash it off person. 

I picked the Whish. I got the Fresh start box so I already have a lip balm and I got the Hey Honey in Ipsy last year (and still have to use it) and I'm got the Ren with a Sephora order. I like the sample choices though so I'm hoping February is a good month, because I keep debating if I should cancel or not.

I had a hard time deciding what to pick this month, but I ended up getting the lip balm. I'm a chapstick and lip balm addict so I figured I couldn't go wrong with that choice.

I have two accounts (I'm Ace on one and chose the curated box yesterday).  I just got the email on my other account to select my sample, but. . . they all show as sold out.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

On the plus side, it will be fun to get a box where every single item is a surprise.  I was really hoping for the Arrow lip balm though, since I only have about 20 other lip balms floating around my condo, purse, overnight bag, work bag, etc. . .ha (I have this weird fascination with lip balms!).  

I picked the Whish. I got the Fresh start box so I already have a lip balm and I got the Hey Honey in Ipsy last year (and still have to use it) and I'm got the Ren with a Sephora order. I like the sample choices though so I'm hoping February is a good month, because I keep debating if I should cancel or not.
How do you like the lip balm? 

My Arrow balm arrived in Strong Start box today.
I have used many pH sensitive balms (my favorites are Dior LipGlow and IPKN twinkle lips) and this one was a bit stickier/greasier than others. It felt a bit like Maybelline Baby Lips. Packaging colors are nice but the plastic material felt a bit cheap for a $14 lipbalm. It's nice to try but I don't think I'll purchase it on its own.
The shade I got on my lips was dark pink/rosie. Others usually create lighter pinks.

I have used many pH sensitive balms (my favorites are Dior LipGlow and IPKN twinkle lips) and this one was a bit stickier/greasier than others. It felt a bit like Maybelline Baby Lips. Packaging colors are nice but the plastic material felt a bit cheap for a $14 lipbalm. It's nice to try but I don't think I'll purchase it on its own.

The shade I got on my lips was dark pink/rosie. Others usually create lighter pinks.
I really like Baby Lips, so this is probably a good PYS for me. I definitely wouldn't pay $14 for it.

I have two accounts (I'm Ace on one and chose the curated box yesterday).  I just got the email on my other account to select my sample, but. . . they all show as sold out.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the plus side, it will be fun to get a box where every single item is a surprise.  I was really hoping for the Arrow lip balm though, since I only have about 20 other lip balms floating around my condo, purse, overnight bag, work bag, etc. . .ha (I have this weird fascination with lip balms!).  
You don't have to wait for the email technically, it'll still be a day later for your non ace, but mine was up around 2 hours before I got the emails. I always just refer the same email account to get the early access. Doesn't hurt anything. Not like they have to sign up.

I had the option for choosing some kits and products. Some were sold out. Does your page not show the options?
hmm weird, no mine doesn't. Only allowed me to choose a sample choice but nothing else on my page. I need to find out why I didn't get any choices for add ons.

I really like Baby Lips, so this is probably a good PYS for me. I definitely wouldn't pay $14 for it.

Weird, it used to say either $8 or $9 for the lip balm and now it shows it is $14??  I wouldn't pay $14 for it either but did think about getting it when it was cheaper. Glad I picked it for my box because I do want to try it.

Back