Blush Mystery Beauty Box February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So the featured product (as in the thing that's supposed to be the most exciting item we're getting) is a one-time use face mask? I am not impressed. I like this sub a lot. I don't know why on earth they'd try and hype it up with an item that's only good for one use. And the way the ladies in the video talked about throwing the remains of it into the bathtub was laughable, in my opinion.

Past featured products were so so too, but other items rocked ! LOVED my avocado foot cream and Madagascar shower gel !!!!! Ive always loved the other contents more than the featured product in the past 5 boxes Ive gotten.

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The mask looks neat!

in the video they show how you can put the mask in your bath when you are done and it melts to make skin soft!

But over $75 for ONE MASK?? I guess that is still sort of cheaper than a facial at most places...
Its fine with me to sample a product that the celebrities probaly use. Better than a cheap one dollar face mask on sale at Walmart

Ill never afford a day at the spa, so whats 25.00 dollars? (smiles)  And think of the other facial creams and soaps and makeup items that will make up the rest of the box.  Im still excited.

Sorry gals, but Im leaning towards the expensive tastes , I dont even look at discount store offerings anymore.

Bring on the BLUSH !!!!

I'm not too thrilled with the face mask, but I'm sure there will be other products I like enough that I can view the face mask as a fun treat if I have some kind of special event to go to in the future. 

Do we have any idea of what else is in the box this month? They really have kept everyone in the dark this time.

Quote: Originally Posted by indianaredhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do we have any idea of what else is in the box this month? They really have kept everyone in the dark this time.
But they charged us...I feel like we usually know before the charge??

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurenv78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  But they charged us...I feel like we usually know before the charge??
We normally know about a day before they are fulfilled...Just enough time to be able to cancel the shipment if it isn't something that appeals to you :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We normally know about a day before they are fulfilled...Just enough time to be able to cancel the shipment if it isn't something that appeals to you :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I thought so....could mean a crummy bag.  I'm not thrilled with a single use mask but hoping it does wonders for that price!  I guess its fun to try things I'd never pay full price for and who knows....that Le'Edge thing was the pick last month but I liked the conditioner and eye cream more.

They had pretty awesome boxes in late Summer and Early Fall, but they have seemed to duplicate product types in the last few boxes.  I am wondering if they haven't had a substantial number of people cancel their boxes after they saw what was being shipped and decided not to release the contents until after shipment.  Considering they have an ALL SALES FINAL policy with the box, it would be pretty sneaky.

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The mask looks neat!

in the video they show how you can put the mask in your bath when you are done and it melts to make skin soft!

But over $75 for ONE MASK?? I guess that is still sort of cheaper than a facial at most places...
 looks like the company actually sells packages of 3 masks  in a box for around $75.00.

They had pretty awesome boxes in late Summer and Early Fall, but they have seemed to duplicate product types in the last few boxes.  I am wondering if they haven't had a substantial number of people cancel their boxes after they saw what was being shipped and decided not to release the contents until after shipment.  Considering they have an ALL SALES FINAL policy with the box, it would be pretty sneaky.
Their customer service is really good...I had a problem last month because I signed myself up for a subscription last year and my husband signed me up as well for Christmas (not realizing that I didn't have to actually manually purchase the box every month, it's on auto-refill) and so I ended up with two boxes last month. Despite the final sale policy, they refunded me for one box when I called them and they didn't hassle me about it at all-and they let me keep the second box. I think they're pretty committed to making us happy, at least as far as my experience with their CS has been.

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurenv78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I thought so....could mean a crummy bag.  I'm not thrilled with a single use mask but hoping it does wonders for that price!  I guess its fun to try things I'd never pay full price for and who knows....that Le'Edge thing was the pick last month but I liked the conditioner and eye cream more.
Exactly, I thought the le'edge was weird, though the harmonized water is what really made me roll my eyes.  I loved the Klorane and Jane Iredale, though, and I still got may monies worth.

I think you hit the nail on the head.   Other sub boxes don't tell you what is in their box until after you have paid for it, so I think they decided to go that route as well, because they were losing customers.

Their sept & oct boxes were the best ones that I have gotten from them.  I stopped in december - I know that I can order a box anytime during the month, so I will wait to see what is in this month's box before deciding. 

I'm a fan! But then, I always am....lol. I'm not picky about higher end (for the most part-though the NYX isn't high end) products if they do what they're supposed to.

I'm really hoping the VBeaute product is full-sized....please can it be?

eusa_pray.gif

If we are lucky, we will get mostly full size items. Nothing is extremely pricey this time. My guess would be a deluxe sample of the DHC and the perfume.  I am glad to see a good mix of products this time.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG !! A DHC cleansing oil ! It is world famous ! Just that alone is the price of the whole box ! I cant wait to get it.    DHC is at the level of cult loyalty. Their products are that good ! esp their Velvet Skin Primer
When you click the link, though, it shows a 1 oz product valued at $5.50.  I am glad to try it, though!

Back