Blush Mystery Beauty Box February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by indianaredhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If we are lucky, we will get mostly full size items. Nothing is extremely pricey this time. My guess would be a deluxe sample of the DHC and the perfume.  I am glad to see a good mix of products this time.
I agree with your projections.  I hope the exfoliator is full-sized.

Quote: Originally Posted by indianaredhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If we are lucky, we will get mostly full size items. Nothing is extremely pricey this time. My guess would be a deluxe sample of the DHC and the perfume.  I am glad to see a good mix of products this time.
I have the full size (just recently bought from Dermstore).  I like it.  It makes a gentle milky foam.  The only downside is they rave about oils being great for removing makeup, but you are supposed to avoid the eye area with this one.  I still use it on my eyes, but you have to be super careful because it definitely didn't feel right when I got some in my eyes the first time I used it.  A one ounce size is still nice for a cleanser.  

Quote: Originally Posted by lipstick18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Looks like the article is up! Here is what we are getting in the February box.

http://www.dermstore.com/articles/article_1640.htm?utm_source=shopstyle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopstyle
Oh, damn...this box is really kind of a dud for me. The one and only thing I like is the facial scrub. I hope that's a good size. I've tried that DHC stuff as a sample before, and I don't like it at all. I hate dry shampoos and nail stickers, and am pretty picky about perfume - I don't like receiving them in paid sub boxes when they're so easy to sample in public. The mask is nonsense to me as a one-time use item. I'm up to my ears in mascaras from subscription boxes, but am somewhat curious about the "serum" aspect (though my hopes aren't high when it's from a lower-end brand). I don't dislike it enough to cancel, but I'm not going to be eagerly awaiting this package's arrival.

ETA: Ugh! It says the perfume contains notes of sandalwood, musk, and patchouli. Those are 3 red flags for me with fragrance - hate 'em all.

I just canceled as of this moment!! Nothing I like and I am not paying 26+ for stuff I could careless about! Especially stickers! I dislike those thing so much!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just canceled as of this moment!! Nothing I like and I am not paying 26+ for stuff I could careless about! Especially stickers! I dislike those thing so much!!!
Help! How do I cancel?

Loved Dec, liked two items from Jan. Like nothing from Feb.

lol... completely agree about the stickers.

I just called them and cancelled. As easy as that. No problems. Glad I did. This box is awful! And come to think about it the last two have been awful too. So glad I got rid of this $26+ box! Good luck!

I personally love this box. I use dry shampoo all the time and have sampled klorane in the past. I love the perfume samples and I like a lot of the featured products. I'm excited. 

Quote: Originally Posted by crescentmoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I personally love this box. I use dry shampoo all the time and have sampled klorane in the past. I love the perfume samples and I like a lot of the featured products. I'm excited. 
Me too, my daughter will take my perfume and nail stickers, She loved the hair extension from past box and is using the hair mask. It made a huge different in her hair ! Its so soft now and easier to comb . She and I use up everything we got from Blush.

Im going to enjoy the DHC and cant wait to try the Klorane

I am also really happy about this box! I will use everything (other than the nail things). Very happy with the spoilers... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I usually enjoy these boxes but I am a little meh on this month's.   I like the dry shampoo and will now use the sample I have more freely as there is more on the way.   I'm leery of fragrance samples , and due to a year of having too many subscription boxes, drowning in mascaras and exfoliants. I've tried this brand of nail stickers from a Pop Sugar box and don't really care for them.  Oh well, yay dry shampoo!

I'm ok with this box.  The perfume doesn't sound great and I don't use dry shampoo but the rest I'll use so it's still worth it to me

I think the box looks great- I'm considering signing up. I'd definitely use everything - I love those nail stickers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just feel like I have sooo many unused products right now & for some reason I still want MORE!!

I think the box looks great- I'm considering signing up. I'd definitely use everything - I love those nail stickers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just feel like I have sooo many unused products right now & for some reason I still want MORE!!
We have absolutely no idea what you mean! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am loving shopping my collection though. It is strange, but I have actually spent less on beauty products in the last ten months (since finding subscriptions) than I did during the same period last year. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not too bad of a box. Love the DHC brand. It is always fun to try new stuff. And whatever I don't like  ends up with my niece or sisters.

Quote: Originally Posted by crescentmoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like this box too. I love Klorane dry shampoo and those nail stickers would be really cute on an accent nail. The exfoliator and oil are also two things I would love to try although I'm not a big fan of physical exfoliators. The mask is interesting. I'll definitely use most of this months products up! I think the sizes are going to make or break this one though. The klorane, exfoliator, mascara, and nail stickers should be full size if they're going to reach the value Blush claims to exceed. I would probably purchase the Klorane on its own once mine runs out so this is a great value for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG !! A DHC cleansing oil ! It is world famous ! Just that alone is the price of the whole box ! I cant wait to get it.    DHC is at the level of cult loyalty. Their products are that good ! esp their Velvet Skin Primer
DHC Velvet skin coat/primer is my favorite primer and the only one I really like so far (other than Mavala eye base for eyes....).

DHC cleansing oil is nice and I know there is a 30ml? "travel size" worth $6? I am guessing that is what we get?

the only thing that has stopped me from using or going back to use more DHC products is some of the ingredients gross me out and so I stopped using a few products I did like.

I used to like Water base moisture but it has PLACENTA EXTRACT and that just grosses me out....

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just called them and cancelled. As easy as that. No problems. Glad I did. This box is awful! And come to think about it the last two have been awful too. So glad I got rid of this $26+ box! Good luck!
I like most of the items in the last 2 boxes and use a lot of the smaller items when travelling or away for weekends!

The Feb box will be fun to use while on vacation in a month, sent it to parents place in US. hopefully less "stuff" to pick up at the drugstore.....

Back