Blush Mystery Beauty Box February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok... so here is this sneaky thing i do with blush...

every month after i receive my box, i switch my payment info to a cancelled card i have, and wait to see what everybody actually receives before i go in and change the payment info. i do this because of the *junk* months, i like what is proposed for feb, but unless most of it is good sized product its not worth the money! 

after the fiasco of the dried out mascara a couple months back...i'm so not looking forward to this one, i would say the ONLY thing i'm really looking forward to is the oil... 

Wth were they thinking with the nail stickers? really?

my guess is this...

full sized: mascara, dry shampoo (same brand as last month and it was full sized), and nail stickers

trial sized: cleansing oil and perfume - my reasoning here is that they aren't going to give us any more of their "best seller" than they need to to get us hooked into buying it. And with the perfume, well thats just an educated guess lol

the face mask is a single use, and of an obvious size, and  i think it could go either way with the exfoliator so i'm hoping for full sized... 

so yeah, that's my prediction and i hope some of you can post pics of your stuff soon! 

Has anyone had their box ship yet?  For wanting to have their box out on the first or second day of the month, they are kind of dropping the ball.  Is it just me or are the subs getting a little lazy?

I actually do that sneaky (change cc) trick with a lot of my subs.  However, after I saw this one I immediately called blush and gave them my "real" payment info.  I have liked these boxes for the last six months or so.  After all my Glossydots are used up, I will be taking a break from GB.  I have pretty much made up my mind that I will cancel all other monthly boxes too.

Popsugar - unless they have a 50% code. Or if I want a Limited Edition Box

Ispy

Starlooks - this month will be my last for a while- I 've been with them since the beginning

Allure Sample Society- I will however, still want to get the seasonal Allure Beauty Boxes!!

Glossybox - unless the limited edition box looks good or I find a good coupon

I will continue with Memebox for a while.

Hmmm I've never gotten a box, but I think this might have to be my first!

I think for the over $100 value to work out, the mascara, nail strips, dry shampoo, and exfoliator have to be full size.

the perfume will be a sample almost guaranteed. the mask will be one time use (three of those suckers are $59!) and the cleansing oil will be deluxe sized. 

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  DHC Velvet skin coat/primer is my favorite primer and the only one I really like so far (other than Mavala eye base for eyes....).

DHC cleansing oil is nice and I know there is a 30ml? "travel size" worth $6? I am guessing that is what we get?

the only thing that has stopped me from using or going back to use more DHC products is some of the ingredients gross me out and so I stopped using a few products I did like.

I used to like Water base moisture but it has PLACENTA EXTRACT and that just grosses me out....
Speaking of primers.  Best primer I've EVER tried is Colorescience.  I've tried a few from their collection and they are all fabulous!!!!!

I called them and updated my cc info on the 3rd, at that time I was told, when I asked about shipping; that it would ship out that day. Well I just called them again today and was told that it will be today or tomorrow before I get tracking info. I This month's bag will be via UPS because of a liquid product or the dry shampoo.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kdlane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I called them and updated my cc info on the 3rd, at that time I was told, when I asked about shipping; that it would ship out that day. Well I just called them again today and was told that it will be today or tomorrow before I get tracking info. I
This month's bag will be via UPS because of a liquid product or the dry shampoo.
Thanks for sharing about the shipping. I just think we are shipping a lot later than normal.

Quote: Originally Posted by calirabbit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

every month after i receive my box, i switch my payment info to a cancelled card i have, and wait to see what everybody actually receives before i go in and change the payment info. i do this because of the *junk* months, i like what is proposed for feb, but unless most of it is good sized product its not worth the money! 

after the fiasco of the dried out mascara a couple months back...i'm so not looking forward to this one, i would say the ONLY thing i'm really looking forward to is the oil... 

my guess is this...

full sized: mascara, dry shampoo (same brand as last month and it was full sized), and nail stickers

trial sized: cleansing oil and perfume - my reasoning here is that they aren't going to give us any more of their "best seller" than they need to to get us hooked into buying it. And with the perfume, well thats just an educated guess lol

the face mask is a single use, and of an obvious size, and  i think it could go either way with the exfoliator so i'm hoping for full sized... 

so yeah, that's my prediction and i hope some of you can post pics of your stuff soon! 

Man I wish I had an old cancelled card I could do that with...

Quote:  Man I wish I had an old cancelled card I could do that with...

Could you use a prepaid?

Quote: Originally Posted by calirabbit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my guess is this...

That is Genius. I received Nov/Dec... but after Nov, called to skip for Dec, but still received it. I know I could have returned for refund but didn't want to deal with the hassle. They didn't attempt to make me happy with them at all, either. So I canceled completely. This little tidbit makes me completely want to resub because I actually really like what they're providing for February! And if changing my card info before March circumvents having to call them... all the better.

Quote: Originally Posted by LittleEmmy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could you use a prepaid?

I might have to try that. Does anyone have a prepaid card? I wonder if they would accept it.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is Genius. I received Nov/Dec... but after Nov, called to skip for Dec, but still received it. I know I could have returned for refund but didn't want to deal with the hassle. They didn't attempt to make me happy with them at all, either. So I canceled completely. This little tidbit makes me completely want to resub because I actually really like what they're providing for February! And if changing my card info before March circumvents having to call them... all the better.
The cleansing oil I see there is 3 sizes one is 30ml, then a 60 ml and lastly the large bottle.

The exfoliator sounds good and they also sell one that is half the size or 50ml I think?

I'm not crazy about nail stickers, but I think they might be useful if you are wearing sandals on vacation and do not want to do your toes or maybe fingers.

I can see myself using a few on my toes while away from home.

or to change your nail look right before going out somewhere in a rush.....maybe just stick on one or two fingers.

And if you get the nail stickers and hate them so much....use them to decorate something like your cell phone or on a greeting card even.
I'm always trying to find ways to reuse stuff or other uses for stuff too...

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like this box too. I love Klorane dry shampoo and those nail stickers would be really cute on an accent nail. The exfoliator and oil are also two things I would love to try although I'm not a big fan of physical exfoliators. The mask is interesting. I'll definitely use most of this months products up! I think the sizes are going to make or break this one though. The klorane, exfoliator, mascara, and nail stickers should be full size if they're going to reach the value Blush claims to exceed. I would probably purchase the Klorane on its own once mine runs out so this is a great value for me.
So I bought the Klorane Full size once at Sephora and think I got about 3 uses out of it (and I only very lightly applied).  Seemed like a joke.  Tried contacting the company thinking it might have been a faulty can, they asked if I could return it to the store and I said no (because had thrown away the receipt) and then I never hear back from them.  Oh well.  $ down the drain. 

I actually do that sneaky (change cc) trick with a lot of my subs.  However, after I saw this one I immediately called blush and gave them my "real" payment info.  I have liked these boxes for the last six months or so.  After all my Glossydots are used up, I will be taking a break from GB.  I have pretty much made up my mind that I will cancel all other monthly boxes too. Popsugar - unless they have a 50% code. Or if I want a Limited Edition Box Ispy Starlooks - this month will be my last for a while- I 've been with them since the beginning Allure Sample Society- I will however, still want to get the seasonal Allure Beauty Boxes!! Glossybox - unless the limited edition box looks good or I find a good coupon I will continue with Memebox for a while.
I did the same thing, I cancelled GB, Beauty Box 5, an Ipsy. I've kept Blush and the men's and women's Birchbox because my boyfriend loves his and I love their reward system lol

I called Blush to see why it was taking so long in fulfillment (I am not patient at all...), and they said the orders actually shipped and there's just been a glitch in their system. They said my particular order shipped on the 3rd and I should be getting it today, so that's good. I'm guessing it's the same for everyone's, hopefully they start showing up soon!

Quote: Originally Posted by NoInsanity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I called Blush to see why it was taking so long in fulfillment (I am not patient at all...), and they said the orders actually shipped and there's just been a glitch in their system. They said my particular order shipped on the 3rd and I should be getting it today, so that's good. I'm guessing it's the same for everyone's, hopefully they start showing up soon!
I usually get my box 2 days after they ship (they are in Kentucky and I live in Indiana).  Hopefully it will be here but I have my doubts :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am in Indiana and get the boxes pretty quick. Mine is showing in fulfillment as of today. I also get those UPS Choice alerts and have nothing showing up there as to anything being shipped from Blush.

Quote: Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am in Indiana and get the boxes pretty quick. Mine is showing in fulfillment as of today. I also get those UPS Choice alerts and have nothing showing up there as to anything being shipped from Blush.

Quote: Originally Posted by indianaredhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I usually get my box 2 days after they ship (they are in Kentucky and I live in Indiana).  Hopefully it will be here but I have my doubts :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hopefully they show up sooner rather than later!

At least Blush is usually A LOT faster than Ipsy, Glossybox, etc. Waiting for Ipsy was pure torture.

Quote: Originally Posted by NoInsanity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hopefully they show up sooner rather than later!

At least Blush is usually A LOT faster than Ipsy, Glossybox, etc. Waiting for Ipsy was pure torture.
After having leaky products last month (they sat over the weekend at UPS and froze before they were delivered), I am a little nervous about what kind of mess I might have this month with the perfume sample.  Hopefully, one of us will get our hands on a bag soon!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheGlamGal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I bought the Klorane Full size once at Sephora and think I got about 3 uses out of it (and I only very lightly applied).  Seemed like a joke.  Tried contacting the company thinking it might have been a faulty can, they asked if I could return it to the store and I said no (because had thrown away the receipt) and then I never hear back from them.  Oh well.  $ down the drain. 

That's not good to hear. I've only tried the sample size from birchbox and that little can lasted me 8 different applications. Hopefully yours was a fluke!

Back