Circular Swap #5: South Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you work? My mother worked at EPCOT for almost a year, too.
Magic Kingdom Communications. Before that, I was a character attendant in all the parks and resorts!

I just now saw this thread! I am so excited to finally be part of a circular swap!! Can't wait to unload my own stash and to see what everyone has to share. And thanks nikkimouse for starting it off!

OK i will be taking pictures in the next couple of days and then i;'m going to try to get the box out by the middle of next week.   I'm excited to get this out and going.   

as for florida being south.  I'm from nj and moved to florida about 14 years ago.  so i'm not very southern.  

Yay! Exciting!

NJ is one of the places we might be stationed next year - I was kind of hoping for this year, but we got extended here. I would love to live in the NE for a while!  So over SE USA.

Ugh.  Patience has never been my virtue.  Looking at pics of contents that WILL change before they get to me is torture.  I feel like a toddler..."Me.  Me.  Me.  Me.  Me."

So is it a bad thing that I added things to my latest Ulta and Sephora orders just to put in the box?

Ha! Not bad at all, IMO - I totally grab those one-use face masks and little things like that all the time to toss into gift bags and swap boxes.  

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So is it a bad thing that I added things to my latest Ulta and Sephora orders just to put in the box?

Since the box goes from you to me, I have to say not bad at all :)

I seriously made a recent purchase from a particular place JUST because of the GWP they had.  I wanted to include it in the box.  

box is headed out in the morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   sorry for the delay I had to wait until pay day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

As for my wish lists I love nail polish, nail art stuff, make up, lip gloss,pink eye shadow, face masks. 

How do we feel about swatched and or used once or twice items if they are clearly labeled?  I am okay with anything that can be easily sanitized.  I have a few things like a Tarte BB cream in light that I tried once that my fingers never touched, or an eyeshadow shade I may have worn twice, or polish I did one manicure with and didn't know if these types of things would be okay or not.

Also, does anyone have any interest in the Sephora radiant orchid polish set?  I just did one manicure with the middle shade and was not happy with the product (I rarely do my own nails, so it could be user error that made it look so horrible on me).  Trying to decide if I should return it, or just throw it in the box.  I hate returning things, so I am inclined to toss it in if anyone will use it.

I'm fine with swatches and slightly used stuff. And as far as nail polish I'm always yes please :) lol
I'll be sure to throw some polish in there. I'm not allowed to bring anymore in till I get some out and this will give me an excuse to clean out some.

How do we feel about swatched and or used once or twice items if they are clearly labeled?  I am okay with anything that can be easily sanitized.  I have a few things like a Tarte BB cream in light that I tried once that my fingers never touched, or an eyeshadow shade I may have worn twice, or polish I did one manicure with and didn't know if these types of things would be okay or not. Also, does anyone have any interest in the Sephora radiant orchid polish set?  I just did one manicure with the middle shade and was not happy with the product (I rarely do my own nails, so it could be user error that made it look so horrible on me).  Trying to decide if I should return it, or just throw it in the box.  I hate returning things, so I am inclined to toss it in if anyone will use it.
And I would def be interested in the radiant orchid. Only mentioning it because I get the box next. If you want to return it for cash though, do that!

Quote: Originally Posted by Pattycakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I would def be interested in the radiant orchid. Only mentioning it because I get the box next. If you want to return it for cash though, do that!

I have returned so many things to Sephora lately that I kind of feel like I shouldn't return anymore for awhile...lol

Actually anyone that comes after me in this swap should take a look at my trade list and let me know if there is anything on it they would like me to put in the box.  I am happy to do so.  I have some other things set aside to include, but it's always great to know ahead of time what would be used.  So PLEASE let me know if you see anything you would like.  I am swimming in stuff here.

Quote: Originally Posted by marigoldsue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have returned so many things to Sephora lately that I kind of feel like I shouldn't return anymore for awhile...lol

Actually anyone that comes after me in this swap should take a look at my trade list and let me know if there is anything on it they would like me to put in the box.  I am happy to do so.  I have some other things set aside to include, but it's always great to know ahead of time what would be used.  So PLEASE let me know if you see anything you would like.  I am swimming in stuff here.
Oh jeepers.  You shouldn't have said that, because now I looked at it and am feeling greedy!! 

Back