Circular Swap #5: South Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@marigoldsue  I wouldn't complain if the tocca perfume samples found their way into the box   I love Tocca  it is the only perfume I have found that I really like! 

Quote: Originally Posted by marigoldsue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have returned so many things to Sephora lately that I kind of feel like I shouldn't return anymore for awhile...lol

Actually anyone that comes after me in this swap should take a look at my trade list and let me know if there is anything on it they would like me to put in the box.  I am happy to do so.  I have some other things set aside to include, but it's always great to know ahead of time what would be used.  So PLEASE let me know if you see anything you would like.  I am swimming in stuff here.

NIKKIMOUSE:   I *think* I have a lot of Tocca stuff still left, but if I do they are pretty old and they would be slightly used but full sized.   We moved and they are currently buried, which is why I'm not sure.   I'm waiting until I'm done with student teaching to dig it all out and make a huge house mess!!!!

MARIGOLDSUE:  I'm going to preface this by saying that this is a surprise box thing so I don't expect any of the stuff off of your trade list, nor do I even know how much I'm going to be able to trade for if it does wind up in there.  However, since you asked for it, here's some stuff that you had that looked neat!    That's super nice of you to post your list first.  I got kinda screwed over in my first circular swap, so it makes this one more exciting!

All primers are awesome +
   * Bare Minerals - Fairly Light deluxe sample with mini brush

* EO Grapefruit & Mint Shower Gel 1.5 oz
   * Sole Goddess Blister Protection Foot Balm (size of a chapstick tube)

* Julep Elle

* Color Club in Amp’d Up

* Pearl Souffle Shave Cream  in lavendar 1 oz

* Small pink exercise ball (March PSMH)  <-------------------Probably too heavy?

* Old Navy LS gathered V neck T-shirt in a turquoise blue (new, no tags)   <------You probably want to keep that around lol, but if it's a medium or larger and you're doing to get rid of it, I'd wear it!

Do you guys stalk the other circular swap threads? (You do, right? It can't be just me. Right?? lol)

Anyway - They're already talking about maybe doing two rounds again, would anyone be interested in that?  Last time, we even swapped boxes with other groups for round 2.

Just wondering -
ninja.gif

I'll probably end up receiving and sending this box back out before my April subs show up, so I know I'll have some more swap fodder.

Quote: Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do you guys stalk the other circular swap threads? (You do, right? It can't be just me. Right?? lol)

Anyway - They're already talking about maybe doing two rounds again, would anyone be interested in that?  Last time, we even swapped boxes with other groups for round 2.

Just wondering -
ninja.gif

I'll probably end up receiving and sending this box back out before my April subs show up, so I know I'll have some more swap fodder.
I figured when we were all done we could maybe find another group to swap boxes with so we have a whole new box in rotation.   I'm always up for a swap box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  so what ever you guys want to do i'm in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I figured when we were all done we could maybe find another group to swap boxes with so we have a whole new box in rotation.   I'm always up for a swap box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  so what ever you guys want to do i'm in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I certainly have enough stuff to do two rounds!

Quote: Originally Posted by Pattycakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  MARIGOLDSUE:  I'm going to preface this by saying that this is a surprise box thing so I don't expect any of the stuff off of your trade list, nor do I even know how much I'm going to be able to trade for if it does wind up in there.  However, since you asked for it, here's some stuff that you had that looked neat!    That's super nice of you to post your list first.  I got kinda screwed over in my first circular swap, so it makes this one more exciting!

* Julep Elle

* Color Club in Amp’d Up

* Small pink exercise ball (March PSMH)  <-------------------Probably too heavy?

* Old Navy LS gathered V neck T-shirt in a turquoise blue (new, no tags)   <------You probably want to keep that around lol, but if it's a medium or larger and you're doing to get rid of it, I'd wear it!

@Pattycakes, I get you on the surprise box thing, but I have SO MUCH stuff I would like to include things I know someone else would like to see and could use.  Don't worry though, I have some surprises waiting too.  The excercise ball is not heavy at all as it isn't blown up yet.  The T-shirt is an XL.  Would that be too big?

@marigoldsue  I wouldn't complain if the tocca perfume samples found their way into the box   I love Tocca  it is the only perfume I have found that I really like! 

@nikkimouse You're our box starter, so we need to make sure you aren't complaining.  None of this would be possible if you hadn't "given birth" to our little swap group :)

@nikkimouse do you like Tocca Florence?? I have a little mini bottle that I bought on an impulse because it was on sale, but I don't love the scent on ME (it's so weird how perfumes change with your body chemistry!).. I think I used it once, so if you're interested I can add it in when the box makes its way to me!

Quote: @Pattycakes, I get you on the surprise box thing, but I have SO MUCH stuff I would like to include things I know someone else would like to see and could use.  Don't worry though, I have some surprises waiting too.  The excercise ball is not heavy at all as it isn't blown up yet.  The T-shirt is an XL.  Would that be too big?

Ha!  You know female sizes... I wear anything from a M to XL in Old Navy V-necks!! Seriously, only put it in if you really want to get rid of it though.  

Great idea!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Pattycakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by marigoldsue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have returned so many things to Sephora lately that I kind of feel like I shouldn't return anymore for awhile...lol

Actually anyone that comes after me in this swap should take a look at my trade list and let me know if there is anything on it they would like me to put in the box.  I am happy to do so.  I have some other things set aside to include, but it's always great to know ahead of time what would be used.  So PLEASE let me know if you see anything you would like.  I am swimming in stuff here.

NIKKIMOUSE:   I *think* I have a lot of Tocca stuff still left, but if I do they are pretty old and they would be slightly used but full sized.   We moved and they are currently buried, which is why I'm not sure.   I'm waiting until I'm done with student teaching to dig it all out and make a huge house mess!!!!

* Julep Elle

* Color Club in Amp’d Up

Quote: Originally Posted by sarah576 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@nikkimouse do you like Tocca Florence?? I have a little mini bottle that I bought on an impulse because it was on sale, but I don't love the scent on ME (it's so weird how perfumes change with your body chemistry!).. I think I used it once, so if you're interested I can add it in when the box makes its way to me!

I would love to try anything tocca Everything I have tried I liked :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got the box today!

I'll get pics posted early tomorrow, if I don't get around to it tonight after kids are in bed.  

Sorry I'm just getting these pics on here - stayed up late waiting for box updates, then ran behind all morning.

Ok here's what came:

There was one casualty, but I just left it as-is because it still looks usable if anyone is interested:

This is what I took:

(I'm a sucker for a product line.)
This is what I added:

I'm definitely going to have to get a new, larger box.  And I need to put a label on the Time Balm, because I received it in the last swap and can't remember if it was swatched when I got it opened, but I did swatch it myself.

Also, I put in a 100% Pure mascara for nikkimouse because she was looking for one on another thread, so I told her 'd just toss it in our swap box. I'll label it, too.

I'm HOPING to get a new box and mail this one out by day after tomorrow, but I'll update either way. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sorry I'm just getting these pics on here - stayed up late waiting for box updates, then ran behind all morning.

Ok here's what came:

There was one casualty, but I just left it as-is because it still looks usable if anyone is interested:

This is what I took:

(I'm a sucker for a product line.)
This is what I added:

I'm definitely going to have to get a new, larger box.  And I need to put a label on the Time Balm, because I received it in the last swap and can't remember if it was swatched when I got it opened, but I did swatch it myself.

Also, I put in a 100% Pure mascara for nikkimouse because she was looking for one on another thread, so I told her 'd just toss it in our swap box. I'll label it, too.

I'm HOPING to get a new box and mail this one out by day after tomorrow, but I'll update either way. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

your add was super generous! this is exciting to watch :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have no idea why my text formatted as a link to pics lol. Trying to get this posted quick before our ball game, and must've clicked something funny by mistake! Oops!

Anybody behind me want the lashes from Ipsy from this month's bag? I know I'm not going to use them. And I'd just as soon throw them in this box as another one.

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anybody behind me want the lashes from Ipsy from this month's bag? I know I'm not going to use them. And I'd just as soon throw them in this box as another one.
Not me.

Not I, said the fly. I'm not a big lash person. I'll probably be throwing some in too.

I'll hold mine out then. Oldest niece will use them or I have a possible other outlet for them.

So looking at the calendar, it looks like chances are good that I will be either receiving the box or sending it out during the time frame that MUT will be down for the site move.  @Pattycakes please go ahead and send me your mailing address now, so that I will have it in case I need to send during the downtime. I will also post pictures on my instagram which is marigribble.  I hardly ever post on instagram, but I will make sure I do so for the box.  Feel free to follow me for box pics if you are so inclined.  If you don't have instagram and would like to be kept in the loop, let me know.  I can also send pics to personal emails or you can link up to my facebook and I can post there.

Anything else we should do for transition time?

And I need to stop going through my stash.  I started with a pile about the size of my monthly lip factory box.  Then it grew to that and a birchbox.  Then it was a Sephora sized shipping box.  Now I am moving in to a box from Nordstrom, and realizing that I have enough stuff I actually could have been a box starter...sigh.  Someone tell me this isn't hoarding

Back