Circular Swap #5: South Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by marigoldsue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Okay, two questions for you ladies:

1.  Does anyone have any use for men's fragrance sight and samples?  I usually pass them on to y 17 year old sn, but since getting him to use deodorant can be a stretch some days, I don't think he actually uses them.  I don't want to take up bo space if no one wants them.  But if they will find a home, this is a good way to get them used.

2.  The box is scheduled to get to me tomorrow.  I have plans for both Monday and Tuesday night, so I am going through my stash again tonight to get it somewhat organized for my box shop.  Since the site goes down tomorrow for 24-96 hours, it may still be down when I ship out.  I all post pics to Instagram (marigribble), but I could also post potential preview pics tonight.  I won't know for certain what I am putting in until I evaluate how much room there is.  But it would give you an idea of what is going in this round and what you may see next round.

Oh, I am soooo excited.

I also want to tell you guys how much I love the MUT family and how generously we love on each other with our extras.  To think that women we have never met, or even spoken to pay attention and include things they think we might like just because is pretty awesome.  I have only been on here since Feb, and all of my trades so far have been through MUT.  For the most part everyone has been so nice and fun to trade with and they try to make trades happen even when you might not have anything in particular that they want.  I have just branched out to MSA, and WOW...two trade offers yesterday...one I was wanting the BB FEED pouch that sells for $12 on the BB site.  I stopped calculating when the items she selected hit $24 and she still had a couple of more things on her list of what she would consider a "fair trade". Another lady wanted my $129 Izzy and Ali bag that I said I was only interested in trading colors on for her $12 Jonathon Adler picture frame!  And then I see the pictures in these circular swap threads and see how happy people our to share with strangers in the hopes that someone somewhere will get something that they love.  It's just pretty awesome!  Sending you ALL much love this fabulous Sunday!
I probably won't take any men's stuff.  Hubby is doesn't really do cologne.   Followed you in Instagram!!  Thanks for being so organized about the shutdown!

Hi Everyone!! I am really curious about this circular swap. I saw this as I was searching and reading. I am kinda new to trading but have traded stuff on another site and have such fun doing it! Just wanted to know how it all works!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by starr5747 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Everyone!! I am really curious about this circular swap. I saw this as I was searching and reading. I am kinda new to trading but have traded stuff on another site and have such fun doing it! Just wanted to know how it all works!!
smile.gif

Hi @starr5747!

This page will probably answer your questions pretty well:  https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/141289/circular-swap-round-five-5-sign-ups

I'm supposed to be getting the box in a few days! Can anyone tell me how to make spoiler pictures?

I got the box on Monday and shipped it off to @@Pattycakes today,  They said she will have by Friday, I would not be surprised though if she actually gets it tomorrow.  We are less than 4 hours apart geographically.

I am going to do my best to load pictures here.  But I have not figured out all of the nuances of the new site yet.  So be patient with me.

Ugh, I can't see the bubble for spoilers anymore.  I am going to load pics in the next response window.  If you don't want to see them, stop looking now...lol

Click on "more reply options"

Click on "choose file" under the text box

Click on "attach this file"

Then when you get them all on, post.

Is that what you were doing already?

(I haven't tested it, just looked at the preview and without clicking attach the file at the end, it didn't show up for me either.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Click on "more reply options"

Click on "choose file" under the text box

Click on "attach this file"

Then when you get them all on, post.

Is that what you were doing already?

(I haven't tested it, just looked at the preview and without clicking attach the file at the end, it didn't show up for me either.)
I will try that again when I get home from work  I tried to do it from my phone today, but I am not even getting the option to ad pics on my phone.

We have outgrown the flat rate boxes (and for the curious it weighsi n at 13 lbs 4.6oz)  It looked like postage to get it to me was a little over $20.  I shipped in the same box and it was only $16 for me to ship it out, but I think it crossed zones to get to me and was staying in the same zone when it left me.

We had a lot of great things to choose from in our box.  I took a lot, added a lot and realized I could probably do at least two more rounds of this if we did it again right now.  How do we accumulate so much stuff?  I had brought all of my "extras" in to the office in late Jan/early Feb and gotten rid of all of them.  Yet I have this much stuff again, already.  Is it like mice and they just multiply while we sleep?

Okay, so I just received the box. Oh. My. Goodness. HUGE!!!! I'm trying to take detailed pics of everything that came. I think I took 16 pics! Currently going through it and picking stuff to trade. I'll probably post pics tomorrow and ship Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, @@marigoldsue.  I agree that posting pics on this website REALLY STINKS!

After an hour+ of trying to do it, I decided to Dropbox them.  Here is the link.  I hope everyone can see it! Make sure to actually click on the pictures, as some things are cut off on the thumbnail.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ukbjilhoda30663/K2Sv57_Z0d

I took a bit, then I had a family member come take quite a bit more (oops!).  I hope I replenished it well enough!   I did put in about 15 used bare minerals eye shadows and some used full sized perfume.  The 1.7oz Calvin Klein Obsession has barely been touched.  I hope it finds a good home!  I'll never wear it.

I also put in a few Scentsy spatulas.  I figured someone might want to use them for de-potting.

Last minute changes were that I took the pink Forever 21 polish and then I re-took out my spider paperlashes.  

@@nikkimouse your Tocca pack is still in tact!

@@marigoldsue I didn't wind up taking the Pantone polish.  In real life, the shades didn't look as good next to my skin.  Sorry!

I hope everyone finds something they like!   The box is filled *to the brim*.  I'll take it to the post office Monday!

Do you guys stalk the other circular swap threads? (You do, right? It can't be just me. Right?? lol)

Anyway - They're already talking about maybe doing two rounds again, would anyone be interested in that?  Last time, we even swapped boxes with other groups for round 2.

Just wondering -
ninja.gif

I'll probably end up receiving and sending this box back out before my April subs show up, so I know I'll have some more swap fodder.
A member of another swap group staking your thread right here! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    That's a mighty fine box you've got circulating!  

Okay, @@marigoldsue.  I agree that posting pics on this website REALLY STINKS!

After an hour+ of trying to do it, I decided to Dropbox them.  Here is the link.  I hope everyone can see it! Make sure to actually click on the pictures, as some things are cut off on the thumbnail.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ukbjilhoda30663/K2Sv57_Z0d

I took a bit, then I had a family member come take quite a bit more (oops!).  I hope I replenished it well enough!   I did put in about 15 used bare minerals eye shadows and some used full sized perfume.  The 1.7oz Calvin Klein Obsession has barely been touched.  I hope it finds a good home!  I'll never wear it.

I also put in a few Scentsy spatulas.  I figured someone might want to use them for de-potting.

Last minute changes were that I took the pink Forever 21 polish and then I re-took out my spider paperlashes.  

@@nikkimouse your Tocca pack is still in tact!

@@marigoldsue I didn't wind up taking the Pantone polish.  In real life, the shades didn't look as good next to my skin.  Sorry!

I hope everyone finds something they like!   The box is filled *to the brim*.  I'll take it to the post office Monday!
Wow, as much fun as it was to get the box and shop it...it is even more fun to see that someone else wants your stuff!  Glad so many of my misfits have found a knew home!

But seriously, this picture adding thing sucks.  It took me well over an hour to get things uploaded.  Who has time for that?

@@Pattycakes, I just emailed @sarahv576, and BCC'd you on the email to confirm her mailing address. The one you sent me doesn't match the one she filled in the sign-up form with. When I've instructed her to PM you with her confirmed mailing address, and also to email me that address so I can PM and email it to you as well, just in case. I'll keep you updated if I hear anything. Also, PM me if you hear from her first. 

Back