Circular Swap #5: South Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So looking at the calendar, it looks like chances are good that I will be either receiving the box or sending it out during the time frame that MUT will be down for the site move.  @Pattycakes  please go ahead and send me your mailing address now, so that I will have it in case I need to send during the downtime. I will also post pictures on my instagram which is marigribble.  I hardly ever post on instagram, but I will make sure I do so for the box.  Feel free to follow me for box pics if you are so inclined.  If you don't have instagram and would like to be kept in the loop, let me know.  I can also send pics to personal emails or you can link up to my facebook and I can post there. Anything else we should do for transition time? And I need to stop going through my stash.  I started with a pile about the size of my monthly lip factory box.  Then it grew to that and a birchbox.  Then it was a Sephora sized shipping box.  Now I am moving in to a box from Nordstrom, and realizing that I have enough stuff I actually could have been a box starter...sigh.  Someone tell me this isn't hoarding
It isn't hoarding. I drug out all my stuff today to pull out what I was sending. My husband asked me if I've ever though about selling on eBay. I told him I needed all of it. He then asked me did I really need a shoe box full of lipsticks? And the answer was of course I do. My shoebox collection is slightly smaller than his two closets of soccer jerseys. So he really doesn't have a leg to stand one.

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It isn't hoarding. I drug out all my stuff today to pull out what I was sending. My husband asked me if I've ever though about selling on eBay. I told him I needed all of it. He then asked me did I really need a shoe box full of lipsticks? And the answer was of course I do. My shoebox collection is slightly smaller than his two closets of soccer jerseys. So he really doesn't have a leg to stand one.
Oh lip products are my weakness...

(and eyeshadows are becoming a close second)

I dug out everything from my stash today and sorted through it all.. Way more than I remembered!! haha.
 I'm definitely going to need a big box too.. It's so fun seeing the pictures as it gets passed along, I can't wait for the next ones! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Made one more last-minute swap - I took this, and then put in the black ipsy bag that was like a studded patent leather feel, if you guys remember that one...(It was the December bag that had the BaB One Stick and the Nicka K polish in it.)

Sending the tracking number via PM now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fact:  the box just left and I've already started a new pile for round 2, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by marigoldsue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Trying to keep my excitement at being next in check....NOPE, not working!
Meeee toooo! I can't wait. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Okay. After I spent a good portion of time playing box Tetris, I noticed there is a hole in the box. So I'll need to get another one tomorrow. It is a large flare rate box but it is packed full. So I might have to switch it out with a regular box. What do you guys think?

What I took---
What I put in---
Bonus used nail polish---I dotted it so you can know. I used all of them one time.

So, should I be worried about getting the box when the site is down? I haven't seen anything about it. I guess I haven't been on here enough.

So, should I be worried about getting the box when the site is down? I haven't seen anything about it. I guess I haven't been on here enough.
I think there is something in the FAQ thread about what to do when the site is down.

I think there is something in the FAQ thread about what to do when the site is down.

ooo. good catch!!

Here is what it says, everybody:

Quote: UPDATE: Circular Swap #5 & MUT Site Migration

I chatted with @zadidoll, and here's what the situation is with CS#5 with regards to the site transition. 

First off, how much (if any) of the existing threads' content will be lost is still unknown. At the absolute worst, we may lose the content in the CS#5 threads...so the discussions, picts, etc. This is the absolute worst case scenario, which the MUT staff are trying their best to not let that happen. 

The migration down time itself will be 24-96 hours, where no-one will be able to post on this existing MUT site. During this time, anyone in CS#5 should feel free to email me at <tgooberbutt at gmail dot com> to get their next mailing address, and I will also email delivery confirmation numbers. If you would like to, since everyone already knows their circular swap order, I encourage you to PM your next recipient now, to get their mailing address, just in case, and just to be extra-prepared. 

Once the new site is up and running, I will make sure Circular Swap #5 threads exist, and will notify each of you of their respective locations. The threads will either be migrated over along with the whole MUT site migration, or they will be re-started by me.  

I think I wasn't seeing all this because I usually check it on my phone.

@marigoldsue already got my address @sarah576 do you want to send me yours?

Also, in case the site IS up when I get the box.  Can someone teach me how to do spoilers?

THANKS!

Quote: Originally Posted by Pattycakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, should I be worried about getting the box when the site is down? I haven't seen anything about it. I guess I haven't been on here enou

According to the tracking, I will be receiving on Monday.  I won't have a chance to shop the box until Tuesday night.  So I will ship out Wednesday or Thursday.  I am guessing shipping from KC to Wichita should only take one day.  So you should get the box Thurs or Fri.  The site is only suppose to be dan 24-96 hours.  So it should be back up by the time the box gets to you.

(I am not going to confess to how many times I have peeked at the box pics.  There are a couple of things I am DYING to know exactly hat they are!)

According to the tracking, I will be receiving on Monday.  I won't have a chance to shop the box until Tuesday night.  So I will ship out Wednesday or Thursday.  I am guessing shipping from KC to Wichita should only take one day.  So you should get the box Thurs or Fri.  The site is only suppose to be dan 24-96 hours.  So it should be back up by the time the box gets to you. (I am not going to confess to how many times I have peeked at the box pics.  There are a couple of things I am DYING to know exactly hat they are!)
Cool!

According to the tracking, I will be receiving on Monday.  I won't have a chance to shop the box until Tuesday night.  So I will ship out Wednesday or Thursday.  I am guessing shipping from KC to Wichita should only take one day.  So you should get the box Thurs or Fri.  The site is only suppose to be dan 24-96 hours.  So it should be back up by the time the box gets to you. (I am not going to confess to how many times I have peeked at the box pics.  There are a couple of things I am DYING to know exactly hat they are!)
Yeah sorry about the crappy pics. I don't have a camera so I used my iPod. I did put it some benetint. Because I thought that you were looking for the lollitint from this month's ipsy. Also there is the Nars blush in there from the sephora favorites set. I don't do blush so I don't know the color. And I think that you had it listed as one of your favorite brands. Edited to add---I'm not stalking you, we just seem to hang out in the same places. Lol

Yeah sorry about the crappy pics. I don't have a camera so I used my iPod. I did put it some benetint. Because I thought that you were looking for the lollitint from this month's ipsy. Also there is the Nars blush in there from the sephora favorites set. I don't do blush so I don't know the color. And I think that you had it listed as one of your favorite brands.

Edited to add---I'm not stalking you, we just seem to hang out in the same places. Lol

I missed the Benetint in the pics (it will definitely be finding a home in KC...yay).  I think I was so excited/curious to see what the NARS was that I skipped right over that.  It wasn't the picture quality giving me troubles as much as that closed lid!!!

And feel free to stalk me, if it means you send me NARS and Benetint!  I have never tried any of the Benefit tints, so I am excited to get the chance.

On a somewhat related note...I was at my NARS counter in Nordstrom yesterday talking to one of my favorite salespeople.  I mentioned this box was coming and that I couldn't wait to see what the NARS was.  Her eyes got all big and she asked for the name of this website and wrote it down.  She thought a circular swap sounded right up her alley.  How dreamy would that be, to have someone that works a make-up counter in our swap group...lol  Geographically she and I would be matched in future rounds, now I just have to figure out who I would need to bribe to put me on the list behind her instead of in front of her!!!

Okay, two questions for you ladies:

1.  Does anyone have any use for men's fragrance sight and samples?  I usually pass them on to y 17 year old sn, but since getting him to use deodorant can be a stretch some days, I don't think he actually uses them.  I don't want to take up bo space if no one wants them.  But if they will find a home, this is a good way to get them used.

2.  The box is scheduled to get to me tomorrow.  I have plans for both Monday and Tuesday night, so I am going through my stash again tonight to get it somewhat organized for my box shop.  Since the site goes down tomorrow for 24-96 hours, it may still be down when I ship out.  I all post pics to Instagram (marigribble), but I could also post potential preview pics tonight.  I won't know for certain what I am putting in until I evaluate how much room there is.  But it would give you an idea of what is going in this round and what you may see next round.

Oh, I am soooo excited.

I also want to tell you guys how much I love the MUT family and how generously we love on each other with our extras.  To think that women we have never met, or even spoken to pay attention and include things they think we might like just because is pretty awesome.  I have only been on here since Feb, and all of my trades so far have been through MUT.  For the most part everyone has been so nice and fun to trade with and they try to make trades happen even when you might not have anything in particular that they want.  I have just branched out to MSA, and WOW...two trade offers yesterday...one I was wanting the BB FEED pouch that sells for $12 on the BB site.  I stopped calculating when the items she selected hit $24 and she still had a couple of more things on her list of what she would consider a "fair trade". Another lady wanted my $129 Izzy and Ali bag that I said I was only interested in trading colors on for her $12 Jonathon Adler picture frame!  And then I see the pictures in these circular swap threads and see how happy people our to share with strangers in the hopes that someone somewhere will get something that they love.  It's just pretty awesome!  Sending you ALL much love this fabulous Sunday!

Back