Coco Rocha Fancy Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tracked mine by reference a few minutes ago and it's on it's way.  It should arrive Saturday.   I am guess someone will get their box tomorrow though and I can't wait to see what's in it!

I ordered on April 30th and May 8, thinking that April and May were different months (silly me).  CS says that I have two subscriptions and that I will get two boxes.  This happened to me last month with the Fancy box.  Anyway, the notifications on my Fancy page have really negative comments.  Double dose of yuck I guess.

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered on April 30th and May 8, thinking that April and May were different months (silly me).  CS says that I have two subscriptions and that I will get two boxes.  This happened to me last month with the Fancy box.  Anyway, the notifications on my Fancy page have really negative comments.  Double dose of yuck I guess.
Fancy is VERY confusing with their dates.  I can't figure out how it all works.

I got mine today:

Dannijo "Wyatt" wrap bracelet ~$80 

Corkcicle wine chiller stick thing ~$25
sole mates [SIZE=1em]high heel protectors ~14[/SIZE]
mini moleskine in purple ~$10
teeny tiny deluxe sample sized l'occitane almond shower oil (ugh) ~2

I mean it's over the value they propose but this bracelet OMG I would never pay $80 for it, it's literally chain and fabric. 

Thanks @Sputinka for the spoiler :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was 95% sure I was cancelling after last month's hot mess and this seals it. I Googled the first item in the list and it looks like something you'd find at the bottom of your craft bag. Maybe I should start a business where I make "designer" accessories and whatnot with 5 cents of materials and sell them for a 2000x markup. Someone has to actually be buying all these things, the designers' parents can't be the only ones.

The bracelet retails for $80 and came in a plastic baggie? I would have at least expected a little box. I'm down with the Corkcicle. I've wanted one of those for a while.

At least your bracelet is a nice color! Mine is red and white, literally like a picnic blanket. 

I am so mad right now. I e-mailed Fancy AGAIN June 8th to find out why my box hadn't shipped. I ordered this box on April 25th. I started e-mailing about shipping on May 17th. I de-activated the subscription May 19th so I wouldn't be charfged for the 2nd box. Between May 17th and today there have now been 10 e-mail exchanges about the status of this box. First it was shipping the week of May 20th, then it was shipping May 31st, then it was absolutely shipping June 7th. Well still no box here. So I e-mail. It was polite, just inquiring on the status because the box still has not shipped, as promised and if it doesn't go out by end of this week, I would be doing a credit card charge back.

This is the reply I received:

Thank you for your inquiry. I am terribly sorry about this inconvenience and annoyance of the situation. I looked further into the situation and see that your Coco subscription is not currently active, which is why you have not received a box. I am so sorry about this! I am more than happy to have this sent out to you as quickly as possible, or I can refund you for this box. Please let me know how you wish to proceed. Again I am so sorry about this and I sincerely appreciate your patience. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for using Fancy!
It's so ridiculously stupid and funny at the same time.

Here is my reply. I hope it isn't too rude because I seriously could have gone OFF.

How could I have not been sent a box when I paid for it? I ordered and paid on April 25th. I cancelled the subscription May 19th, because I didn't want to be charged for second box before receiving the first. The notice that popped up when I cancelled even said I will still be getting the box I paid for but not any more. Your own terms of service assured me I would be getting the first box. If I wasn't  to get a box, why would I not be refunded? If I wasn't to get a box, why have you been telling me for the past 3 weeks that one was being sent to me on X day? I first started e-mailing on May 17th and there have been 9 exchanges since that day, all of which should be attached. At NO time did you tell me I wouldn't be getting a box because of an inactive subscription. At no time did you offer me a refund for said "inactive subscription".   This is especially confusing because I ordered the Tyler Florence box 5 days AFTER I ordered the CoCo Rocha box, and cancelled both on the SAME DAY (May 19th), yet I still received the Tyler Florence box with relatively no issues (aside from shipping delays). 

To say I am not getting a box because my subscription is inactive and then keep my money, is completely unacceptable.

I would like a refund. With exchange this box cost me $37.87 Canadian. I would appreciate you taking that into account when issuing my refund. I don't want to be out any money because of the incompetence I have been subjected to by your company since ordering this box. 

Please let me know when the refund has been processed.

I am done with The Fancy. I have $25 in credits sitting there waiting to be used but there is no way in hell I am giving this company any more of my money, time or patience.

I don't think they can handle the various subs they offer. It's pretty irresponsible.

On top of that I just checked my mail and received a bill from FedEx for shipping charges that I supposedly already paid to Fancy. I am livid. Nicole from CS assured me in writing I would not get a bill from FedEx and all the issues they had before, when other Canadians received bills, had been fixed. Apparently not.

Originally Posted by jallu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On top of that I just checked my mail and received a bill from FedEx for shipping charges that I supposedly already paid to Fancy. I am livid. Nicole from CS assured me in writing I would not get a bill from FedEx and all the issues they had before, when other Canadians received bills, had been fixed. Apparently not.
I think all their customer service reps share a brain. They all say the same things, make the same promises and paper thin excuses. I'm pretty sure my cats can do a better job at this. My can't don't lie and promise things that aren't true.

Originally Posted by QueenG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think all their customer service reps share a brain. They all say the same things, make the same promises and paper thin excuses. I'm pretty sure my cats can do a better job at this. My can't don't lie and promise things that aren't true.
Well, for one it might be interesting to see how a call centre made up of cats would work.

You could pay them in mice for one thing and they would mostly clean up after themselves (mostly).

I do not know how well cat language would translate on the phone- they might need some electronic help.

But I'm sure they would be friendlier than the regular people who work at those places.....

*I actually used to work at some call centres for a few years (not customer service ones though I did deal w a lot of people).

Last month I decided to switch from a regular Fancy Box subscription to the Coco Rocha box (I LOVED the first one and thought the second was alright) and I'm so disappointed I did! There is absolutely nothing in this box that I like and I can't believe how small the sample of body wash and the notebook were. I just cancelled my sub so I know that next months box will be awesome, but I just can't afford to chance $40 a month on useless crap.

I just cancelled mine too. I got no response to the email about it but they refunded the newest charge. The charge for June's box that went through before I had received May's extra late box. I still cannot believe that bracelet is 80$ retail. 

LOL! $80! I gave my bracelet to a co-worker for her 6 y/o daughter to wear.  Just wasn't my style.

I am so mad right now. I e-mailed Fancy AGAIN June 8th to find out why my box hadn't shipped. I ordered this box on April 25th. I started e-mailing about shipping on May 17th. I de-activated the subscription May 19th so I wouldn't be charfged for the 2nd box. Between May 17th and today there have now been 10 e-mail exchanges about the status of this box. First it was shipping the week of May 20th, then it was shipping May 31st, then it was absolutely shipping June 7th. Well still no box here. So I e-mail. It was polite, just inquiring on the status because the box still has not shipped, as promised and if it doesn't go out by end of this week, I would be doing a credit card charge back. This is the reply I received: It's so ridiculously stupid and funny at the same time. Here is my reply. I hope it isn't too rude because I seriously could have gone OFF. I am done with The Fancy. I have $25 in credits sitting there waiting to be used but there is no way in hell I am giving this company any more of my money, time or patience.
Instead of getting a subscription box with your credit check out the site and just buy something. They've got some need products

I just noticed before almost throwing away the receipt that they included a return label and said you could return everything for a refund withing 30 days! I loaded everything back up and am sending it out for a refund. I am so happy about this I might resubscribe, haha. I think I might go back to the regular box though. They seem to duplicate everything anyway.

I just re-subbed.  I know, I gripe and go back.  Anyway, they sent me an email asking for gender, shirt size & device type.  Maybe June will be personalized?

Back