Coco Rocha Fancy Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they sent that e-mail out for the first box and other boxes as well and they still end up being all identical.

The comments for this month's box seem to be saying that there will be a copy of Elle signed by Coco Rocha, if that is important to anyone.

I got mine today.  Not too sure how I feel.

Got my box Wednesday.
9216327473_5f4b253237.jpg
Pretty good box, but I just got sunglasses and headphones in the first JLH Fancy box, so could have done without more of those so soon.

Elle mag, funky sunglasses, headphones and what else? I haven't gotten my first box for June yet. I really liked the previous months but not excited for June. July might be okay. Think I might unsubscribe. But them August will be amazing.

Originally Posted by NewportSweetPea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elle mag, funky sunglasses, headphones and what else?

I haven't gotten my first box for June yet. I really liked the previous months but not excited for June. July might be okay. Think I might unsubscribe. But them August will be amazing.
It's a makeup brush set.

I'm right there with ya!

My thoughts... I feel like the magazine is a complete waste! I'm actually upset that it's in there. Just bugs me a bit. I don't mind the headphones as my daughter LOVES them but I just did get a pair as well as sunglasses from the JLH Fancy box. Both are cute but just felt like I got a dupe box. lol! 

Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today.  Not too sure how I feel.

For those of you who have multiple Fancy boxes, which is your favorite? I kind of want to try one, but I can definitely only afford one. I've had my eye on this one, the JLH one, and the regular one. I'm leaning toward the regular, but I'm just not sure.

Sad I missed out on all the headphones, they're super cute!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those of you who have multiple Fancy boxes, which is your favorite? I kind of want to try one, but I can definitely only afford one. I've had my eye on this one, the JLH one, and the regular one. I'm leaning toward the regular, but I'm just not sure.

Sad I missed out on all the headphones, they're super cute!
My recommendation?  Don't do it.  Join Popsugar.  Or anything but Fancy, really.  I've tried the regular Fancy boxes, the JLH fancy box, the Tyler Florence boxes, the Coco Rocha boxes:  they are all over the place from month to month, items repeat, they never ever ever ship on time, their customer service is appalling, their billing is weird, and overall it's way more hassle than it's worth.  I maintain 15-20 subs at a time, so I'm used to all sorts of weird billing/shipping/customer service, but Fancy is the one service that gave me the biggest headache.  

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My recommendation?  Don't do it.  Join Popsugar.  Or anything but Fancy, really.  I've tried the regular Fancy boxes, the JLH fancy box, the Tyler Florence boxes, the Coco Rocha boxes:  they are all over the place from month to month, items repeat, they never ever ever ship on time, their customer service is appalling, their billing is weird, and overall it's way more hassle than it's worth.  I maintain 15-20 subs at a time, so I'm used to all sorts of weird billing/shipping/customer service, but Fancy is the one service that gave me the biggest headache.  
I've wanted to try popsugar but every time I get ready to, the next month is sold out...and I don't want to pay $35 in advance for a box I won't get nearly 2 months later, you know? I am thinking about staying with FabFitFun but it tends to be more beauty related and I have a billion beauty subs, what I want is something for gadgets/home stuff/random stuff...sigh..

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've wanted to try popsugar but every time I get ready to, the next month is sold out...and I don't want to pay $35 in advance for a box I won't get nearly 2 months later, you know? I am thinking about staying with FabFitFun but it tends to be more beauty related and I have a billion beauty subs, what I want is something for gadgets/home stuff/random stuff...sigh..
PopSugar has ended up being my favorite sub so I would say it's well worth the wait. A lot of people seem to hate the July box (and it isn't one of the best months, so I don't really blame them). Usually after "bad" months, there's less likely to be a waitlist. So maybe you'll be able to get more instant gratification soon. I always sign up for three months at a time since you get a little break on the cost that way.

Has Fancy improved at all? Out of all of their boxes the Coco Rocha seems most in line with my style but the boxes seem really hit & miss. Some months seem on theme (like the gym inspired one last month) and fantastic, whereas others seem like a random assortment of junk some intern threw together. 

How is the customer service and curation for this box now? 

I ordered a mystery box from them to test them out - my products were all right (wayfarer sunglasses and a waterproof iPhone speaker) for the price but I can't get over the feeling that the products they carry seem to be the sort of thing you might use for a few months and then toss, in contrast to what I get from some of the other subscription boxes (#NGQ, PSMH) with some items really standing out and having longevity.

Maybe I'm just too old for the Fancy subscriptions. (I'm in my 30's.)

I really tried on the general Fancy box and the Coco Rocha Box.  I even got a couple of JLH's.

I think that the Coco Rocha box is the best, however, it's like finding the best gum wrapper in the junk drawer.  Maybe it's just not for me.  And the price!  Yikes!

Quote: Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really tried on the general Fancy box and the Coco Rocha Box.  I even got a couple of JLH's.

I think that the Coco Rocha box is the best, however, it's like finding the best gum wrapper in the junk drawer.  Maybe it's just not for me.  And the price!  Yikes!
That's a good analogy - gum wrapper in the junk drawer! 

And yes, I keep looking at that price and thinking to myself "but for $50 I can get a fantastically curated Quarterly.co box!"

I actually want to try this. but i am moving the second week of may. does anyone know when these ship? has the april box shipped already?

I tried Coca Rocha in Feb and it stunk - a mug that changed colors when coffee hit it, a purse light, cheap gloves, and tea.  I was soo disappointed, especially for the price. 

The Kelly Rowland box was really good, but it seems like they don't change the contents as often as the other celebrity boxes.

Back