Flower Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

damn I missed that!!!
I believe she said it would also be recorded.  You may want to check and see if you can still watch it 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by sagewisdom09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if these are paraben free? It's hard to find drugstore makeup that doesn't have them, but Drew has championed for more natural stuff in the past so I'm holding out hope.
Just got verification from Walmart directly that Flower Cosmetics is paraben free.

I saw an interview with Drew Barrymore today and she discussed her new beauty line. She says it is affordable, uses the same types of formulas as high-end cosmetics, and will be available exclusively at Wal Mart at very affordable prices. Has anyone seen or tried anything yet?

Saw the same segment and I'm interested in the mascara since you can twist the mascara wand. The downside is that it's sold exclusively at Walmart and Walmart is known to allow people to open packages up so you have to be VERY careful in buying makeup at Walmart. I'm tempted to buy the mascara but I hate buying makeup at Walmart.

I was pleasantly surprised that Walmart is exclusively carrying a "made in the USA" product though!

LOL They USE to. I worked for Walmart in the early 90s and remember when there were Made in the USA banners all over the store but that was before Walmart went to sell in China.

I'm looking forward to trying Drew's line. I caught her on the View today and she stated that her foundations come in a wide range of skintone. On walmart.com, the shades are there but not sure which one is for me. Wish she had a matching chart.

YES, I agree, a color chart would be very helpful, good idea!

Also, I would like to see small samples for 1-2$ to test the products before buying the larger sizes.  At 6-10$ per item, I don't think it's returnable if I don't like it or it's the wrong color.  CVS and Walgreens has a return on cosmetics, but I doubt walmart does.  I'd hate to spend $30 on 3 items and find out they are not the correct color or I don't like them for whatever reason.  Samples would be affordable and make me MORE likely to purchase (and continue to purchase) the products!

smilehappyyes.gif
claps.gif
patches.gif

Originally Posted by reelife /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YES, I agree, a color chart would be very helpful, good idea!

Also, I would like to see small samples for 1-2$ to test the products before buying the larger sizes.  At 6-10$ per item, I don't think it's returnable if I don't like it or it's the wrong color.  CVS and Walgreens has a return on cosmetics, but I doubt walmart does.  I'd hate to spend $30 on 3 items and find out they are not the correct color or I don't like them for whatever reason.  Samples would be affordable and make me MORE likely to purchase (and continue to purchase) the products!

smilehappyyes.gif
claps.gif
patches.gif
I was thinking the same thing shortly after posting. All cosmetics companies need to start offering samples. I find  companies very unattractive or unappealing when they don't have samples and or a fair return policy. Ulta is one company that upsets me when it comes to sampling products.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WalMart has a return anything policy.
That's great! Alright online shopping here I go! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ventured to 3 different Wal-Mart's today and no luck 
icon_evil.gif
  Guess I'll just order online. 

Got my order of Flower stuff yesterday, finally and was so excited. I'm finding the beauty balm to be really cakey, but maybe I'm applying too much? Not sure...I guess I'll have to tinker.

I use a stipple brush for my bb creams or beauty blender.. I don't actually like applying any foundations or bb creams with my fingers anymore lol..find I rub too much off and the tools allow me to build up coverage, if necessary.

After doing some more reading, I think I need moisturizer first. This BB cream is really dry and I've been spoiled for years by my oily skin. Might also use some tools, thanks, MissLindaJean! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Love love love the Real Techniques expert face brush for BB cream. Kind of buffs it on. Perfect finish

i went to walmart today just to find this makeup with no such luck. lets not discuss the $50 i spent on other things however....

ok ladies ive bought 3 of the face products

BB CREAM- FANTASTIC COVERAGE!!!!!! and available in a very light shade for porcelain dolls like myself it isnt as moisturizing as i want but ive been wearing it 10 hrs and its only worn off around the nose

Foundation- i havent worn on my face yet but it has a pump applicator available in TONS of shades (usually the lightest color in every brand is too dark for me but i bought shade LF3!!!!

(i will have an update to how this wears later)

Loose powder- i have never used a loose powder other than mineral foundation so i was looking forward to this especially since all powders are too dark for me and since the line has great super fair shades i had great hopes but when i opened up my box it looks like shade L03 (the darkest color)

maybe this was labeled wrong??? well see

Back