Flower Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using the BB cream (BB2) today for the first time, and I am LOVING it. It is nice and thick like an asian bb, and still feels light, and is NOT greasy, or sliding around on my face. I have oily skin, and sometimes breakouts, and I am so excited!  I think I have found my HG BB!
How's the coverage?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Saw the same segment and I'm interested in the mascara since you can twist the mascara wand. The downside is that it's sold exclusively at Walmart and Walmart is known to allow people to open packages up so you have to be VERY careful in buying makeup at Walmart. I'm tempted to buy the mascara but I hate buying makeup at Walmart.
I was in Walmart looking at the line (they had just put it out) and the associate was working on the shelfs so with a lil bit of glee i go "ohh the flower line and starting looking and the products and of course I never start opening and swatching b/c i know its not allowed but the associate goes plzzzzzz dont open it and i laughed so hard and was like of course I would never do that and she says thank you b/c so many ppl do. I did get the lip liners

Originally Posted by Yolanda Horton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was in Walmart looking at the line (they had just put it out) and the associate was working on the shelfs so with a lil bit of glee i go "ohh the flower line and starting looking and the products and of course I never start opening and swatching b/c i know its not allowed but the associate goes plzzzzzz dont open it and i laughed so hard and was like of course I would never do that and she says thank you b/c so many ppl do. I did get the lip liners
When a makeup item does not have a sticker seal on it, like the Maybelline Color Whispers, I do open the lid for a second just to make sure it hasn't been used, because you cannot tell otherwise.  I always buy the ones I open, though, unless they have already been used.  I think pretty much all of the Flower products I have seen have seals on them though.  I bought the Gladiola velvet lipstick from the Flower line in a fit of "Oooo new stuff," but I have not tried it yet.

I picked up 2 cream shadows, a bb cream, foundation and lipstick. Great pigmentation on the shadows, nice nude pink lippie color and I'll test out the bb cream tonight. Hopefully it wears through a 12 hour shift well!

Here's some swatches..lippie is Petal Power, copper shadow is Wild Geranium, then Time Willow Tell, a muted grey green with gold shimmer..

Here's some swatches..lippie is Petal Power, copper shadow is Wild Geranium, then Time Willow Tell, a muted grey green with gold shimmer.. natural light, flash.

I want Time Willow Tell - I love gray/green shadows!!! Thanks for the swatches.

I want Time Willow Tell - I love gray/green shadows!!! Thanks for the swatches.
I put both on, one shade for each eye, to test for a few hours. They're very soft and creamy, almost whipped feeling. Both look great alone and I think TWT would be awesome for a smoky eye look.

The packaging to this brand bugs me to no end. I had no desire to pick up any items but after reading through these pages I'm def going to pick me up a BB cream.

Ohh  I LOVE lip butters and tinted moisturizers since my lips are always so dry.  I'm really excited now.

The foundation and bb cream are a bit too light; my coworker told me I looked pale lol.. I'll see if I can exchange them or try and mix a liquid bronzer to give me more "color."

I guess my WM is the only one in the area getting Flower for now. The cosmetics woman was not happy either because the brand is so much more expensive than so many of her comparable products. I was glad to be there while she was setting up bc if I did decide to buy a foundation I could get them before they were all tampered with...there are no seals to stop people from opening them and then putting them back. The problem was that it was just too hard to tell which shade to get. It seemed like there were more pale shades than most makeups offer. I am usually the second lightest but I think I would have had to go to at least the 3rd or maybe even the 4th. There was no color wheel, no guidelines or descriptions, nothing to help me choose.

I was intrigued by the cream shadow because I have never used one. She highly recommended the Color Tattoo cream shadow that was nearby and less than $6. So...throughout this big Flower launch I have spent the same as I would on a Flower Cream shadow but ended up with both a Color Tattoo cream shadow and a WnW Walking on Eggshells palette. Oh, well.

I also thought the lip shades colors were tough to determine. After seeing the display I have gone from pretty excited to meh about this new line.

I picked up a few products but sadly had to take them back. The foundations felt great but it leaves a white cast. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I so wanted this to work out but.....

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm going to try the eyeshadows and other products soon.

I really don't need it, as I now have something like 7 different kinds of bb cream right now, as well as being in a 10 week bb cream study with L'oreal....but I really, really want to try this one. Sigh...

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really don't need it, as I now have something like 7 different kinds of bb cream right now, as well as being in a 10 week bb cream study with L'oreal....but I really, really want to try this one. Sigh...
I feel you. I have about 5 opened BB creams and I had the Flower one in my hand, then put it back, picked it up, put it back, then I left it there. When I finish a few others I will pick one up. I did get the creme blush, the blush and bronzer duo, a lipgloss and a lip stick. So far I really like everything and I just adore the packaging!

I saw these at my Walmart when I was there the other day, nothing really caught my eye. I thought it had all been picked over because there was hardly anything left, or perhaps there was hardly anything there to begin with since it is new. I may have another look next time I go to Walmart, but what also struck me as odd was there were no price tags on the shelves. 

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel you. I have about 5 opened BB creams and I had the Flower one in my hand, then put it back, picked it up, put it back, then I left it there. When I finish a few others I will pick one up. I did get the creme blush, the blush and bronzer duo, a lipgloss and a lip stick. So far I really like everything and I just adore the packaging!

Right? I saw them and it was HARD to not pick anything up! But with my subs, I have so much makeup as it is...but the packaging is so adorable, and I am just dying to find a drugstore brand I really like for color cosmetics. Temptation!

I ended up buying the blush/bronzer duo in shimmering goddess(which is the only matte one, weird) and I LOVE the bronzer!!! I haven't tried the blush yet, but its a pretty color and SUPER pigmented. but I wasn't a HUGE fan of NYC sunny because it looked orange on me. and with my cool tones, orange was not the way to go. but this one isn't orange!!!! maybe I'll get up the courage to use the blush, but I'm scared because Wet N' Wild's blush in Mellow Wine is the only blush I've found that looks good on me, and I don't want this one to accentuate my red spots :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I DEFINATELY want a nail polish(Nouveaucheap did a review, and its kind of amazing) and I think I want a lip butter/lip stick. I definately don't want a BB cream because I just got a holika holika one, and for right now, I'm quite happy with it(I got the clearing one and I put it on after I took a shower yesterday, and like 5 hours later, my skin STILL didn't feel oily, and without anything on, my skin gets oily in about 10 minutes.... 0.0 HG found? possibly)

but this stuff is ridiculously expensive for a walmart brand. the blush/bronzer was 9.98 and the display didn't have any price tags on it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went to Walmart when I was in the States yesterday hoping they would have some products but they didn't have any :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> not even one sign of the display. I'm hoping that by the next time I go they will have the whole line because who knows how long its going to take Canada to get it.

Back