Flower Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquid foundation in LF3 on left BB cream in BB1 on right these maybe my HOLY GRAIL foundations they have fantastic coverage!!!  and they dont feel heavy

the bb cream is more of a matte finish no powder needed the liquid foundation is more of a natural finish

if you dont like a lot of coverage maybe try their tinted moisturizer

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I always mix my foundation with my regular sunscreen anyway, you could try that too.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Boo, the BB Cream has no sunscreen. Scratch that from my list of things to try.
frown.gif
are these products limited edition, or should they come back in stock once the hype dies down? love the idea of the stackable lippies/eyeshadows!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I always mix my foundation with my regular sunscreen anyway, you could try that too. are these products limited edition, or should they come back in stock once the hype dies down? love the idea of the stackable lippies/eyeshadows!
I don't think they're LE, just the debut.

When I spoke with the woman stocking in Health & Beauty yesterday (where there was no sign of Flower), she told me the rep had been there for days trying to set up the display and she kept having to call back to corporate because she is missing so many pieces she can't put it together. It could be up to a week. She did say plenty of people had asked about it and that she herself was looking forward to trying the products. So I left with no new beauty items. Well, that's not true...I bought myself the WnW Walking on Eggshells palette as a consolation.
satisfied.gif

I've read some reviews on various Flower products and am excited to learn the polish is 3 free. I did read that the lip butters don't have great staying power and leave that fugly ring around your lips after a few hours of wear, but are super pigmented. I'm hoping to find the display at my local WalMarts and pick up the BB cream, some polish and cream eye shadows. Oh, and a lipstick!

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I always mix my foundation with my regular sunscreen anyway, you could try that too.
Yeah, you are far less lazy than I am. My whole love for BB creams stems from the fact that I don't want to put a bunch of things on my face in the morning. I like one product that does basically everything. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, I got so excited after reading all this about the BB cream and I went to look at the ingredients and it has at least three paraben ingredients. Bummer as I am trying to cut them out. Oddly, Walmart lists the product as paraben free. http://www.unprofessionalbeautyblog.com/2013/01/drew-barrymore-flower-beauty-balm-bb.html

I have been wanting to try a more Asian type BB cream, but all of them either contain parabens, suncreen I cannot use, or are really expensive.

Any news on whether the velvet lipsticks actually look velvety? Because that is something I would love to have!

My area Walmart was just stocking these last Friday when I went. I picked up a nail polish and a mascara. The polish gets great reviews from me - it didn't chip/crack/peel for a full 2 1/2- 3 days (without a topcoat) which I can't even get with Essie or OPI. I probably only needed 1 coat too, but I used 2 coats for extra pigmentation. The mascara, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Wimpy brush and no lengthening/plumping as far as I can tell. Barely even noticeable on. Can't wait to go back and try some more products. 

Dekilah, I have a message in to Flower Beauty about it. It seems they are in there and that is a big false advertising no-no from Walmart.

I can't wait to try some of these products. The only thing I don't like about it is the same thing that I don't like about Hard Candy, you can only get them in Walmart. I very rarely go to Walmart, I prefer Target instead, so I guess I'll have to check out swatches and reviews, then order them online:/ Or have my mom pick some up for me when she goes to Walmart to get her scrub! hahahha:)

The Walmart near us used to have the crappiest makeup area. I mean it looked like 1000 drunk hookers went crazy testing in there. Spilled polish marks on the floor, broken shadows, opened lipsticks. I guess they got the picture when no one was shopping in that area anymore. They cleaned it up, reorganized it, gave it security cameras, and it's own checkout register. Now it is always clean, stocked, and there is always someone there to help you find stuff. It's a really big improvement so I don't mind venturing in there.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dekilah, I have a message in to Flower Beauty about it. It seems they are in there and that is a big false advertising no-no from Walmart.
I am curious about what they will say. It seems really foolish on the part of Wal-Mart to say it is paraben free if it is not. Especially now that information gets around so quickly.

Originally Posted by Dekilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am curious about what they will say. It seems really foolish on the part of Wal-Mart to say it is paraben free if it is not. Especially now that information gets around so quickly.
I have posted on Walmart and Flower Beauty's Twitter, FB and sent emails to both. Let's see who answers first... or at all.

Yes, she even has a close up. I contacted Walmart and Flower Beauty via email, twitter, and FB. Walmart sent me an autoresponse to which I sent them a colorful reply. Haven't had a response from any other  yet.

I guess at the very least, the ingredients are listed. I hate when you buy a product and it doesn't have ingredient info listed anywhere on the package or online--some lancome foundation made me break out like crazy a while ago, and I had to resort to 3rd party sites to find out info.

I'm not a huge stickler about parabens so I don't mind terribly, and that BB cream looks pretty great. does anyone have pics of the stackable lip glosses/eyeshadows? I'm confused about how they work, since the stock photos are a little vague. does each shade have its own built-in brush?

so far i havent seen any of the stackable items...the thing that irritates me about them is the concealer trios... they put a light medium and dark shade in each one instead of the 3 light 3 medium and 3 dark...

and from what ive seen it doesnt look like a brush it seems like you can just rub it directly on your eyes, lips and blend out w/ your fingertip which thats what i like about it.... id put my concealer, lip and and eyeshadow together for touchups

so far i havent seen any of the stackable items...the thing that irritates me about them is the concealer trios... they put a light medium and dark shade in each one instead of the 3 light 3 medium and 3 dark... and from what ive seen it doesnt look like a brush it seems like you can just rub it directly on your eyes, lips and blend out w/ your fingertip which thats what i like about it.... id put my concealer, lip and and eyeshadow together for touchups
I think the stackables come out in March. For the concealer set, you could use them for contouring I suppose.

I am using the BB cream (BB2) today for the first time, and I am LOVING it. It is nice and thick like an asian bb, and still feels light, and is NOT greasy, or sliding around on my face. I have oily skin, and sometimes breakouts, and I am so excited!  I think I have found my HG BB!

Back