From The Lab Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered the primers! I decided that micellar water makes me lazy and I have some Origins moisturizer deluxe samples coming so I don't really need more face cream at the moment. 

The micellar cleansing water was actually one of my least favorite products. I don't have overly dry skin so maybe oil cleansers are not for me, but I feel like a film is left on my skin after using it. They say rinsing is not necessary, but I have to. I also have to use a separate eye makeup remover because this product makes my eyes sting. I am forcing myself to use it, but because it is such a big bottle those who like these types of cleansers will find it a good value.

I just got my primers today! Haven't used them yet except on my hand, but they seem really nice.

I got my primers yesterday and they are amazing! Especially the lid lifter. Twelve hours and my eye make still looked like i just applied it!

The face primer evened out my skin tone and got rid of all my redness. It also kept my face matte all day.

Im really happy with these!

Hi, I just re-signed up for this subscription to get the July box because it's FOUR products, and I really want to try them out! However, does anyone who has been a consistent subscriber know when they usually bill for the month? I don't necessarily want to get the August box, and I definitely don't want to be billed on the first, but I don't want to cancel now because I don't want to potentially mess up my July shipment. Thanks!

I cannot believe the amount and quality of the products they sent out in July and August. Plus, I wrote them an email about how much I love the facial mask they sent us in July ( the light green cool one) and told them I live in the desert and have dry skin since moving here, and how the gel has helped. They sent me a very good moisturizing night cream from a box this Spring before I subscribed as a thank you for liking their new moisture mask so much.. Bill and Lorainne are really lovely. 
I've not gotten anything from this sub that I didn't think was top shelf quality. This plus the K skin care has totally changed my skin from rough and red to baby smooth and very soft and plump. Very fast turnaround!!

I cannot believe the amount and quality of the products they sent out in July and August. Plus, I wrote them an email about how much I love the facial mask they sent us in July ( the light green cool one) and told them I live in the desert and have dry skin since moving here, and how the gel has helped. They sent me a very good moisturizing night cream from a box this Spring before I subscribed as a thank you for liking their new moisture mask so much.. Bill and Lorainne are really lovely. 

I've not gotten anything from this sub that I didn't think was top shelf quality. This plus the K skin care has totally changed my skin from rough and red to baby smooth and very soft and plump. Very fast turnaround!!
I totally agree.  July's box was my first month with them and I'm in love.  I couldn't believe they could send out such a great box two months in a row.  I love the AM/PM cleanser (combination/large pores)!  I ordered another July kit just for the cleanser and mask.  I also picked up the lippies.  I was so exited to open them today that I totally spaced the fact that they had been sitting in the hot mailbox all day.  Doh.  Big oops.

I was able to sub with a bonus $30 in points plus $5 for a 3 month sub.  I've spent 76 bucks (counting two of my three months) and rec'd...

2 of each -- AM/PM, Face Mask, Hair Mask, and Face Primer

1 of each -- Lip trio, Lip Primer, Hair Cleanser, Body Serum and Face Scrub

The August box is very nice too!! They sent a Skin Balm ( for face) that has the consistency of the K- beauty sleeping packs. I'll have to do a comparison. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also got an eye primer base in a nude beige color. I like it better than the first one they sent out. Looks like the hugely packed boxes are over for a time, but it's still high quality and worth the money.

This sub doesn't get enough love!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do any of you ladies still sub to this one? I have noticed  boxes have shipped later and later. And no box this month. They doing some word on their website , and of course I cannot get into my account to see if  if any thing is shipping. Makes me very leery. So not box for December. I do not have a good feeling about this.

They replied back to an e-mail I sent saying the European labs were on a break. I agree, for many months it has been product that I have already received. I have the year sub ,and it goes until May . Well now , until June or whenever I get 12 boxes.

I was wondering what was up with them too. I didn't get December's box either, nor see any reviews... I just figured maybe they were behind due to the holidays. Hmm...

I find it disconcerting that European labs going on a break means they don't have any product that month.  It's not like the holidays are a surprise or anything... 

Surely they would have boxes curated sooner than that?  Especially with the kind of box they are.  I think I will be cancelling.

Hi! I have been checking the website and FB site as well. I was wondering if they went out of business, however I just spotted this on their website today:

Latest News

Saturday, January 24

Box 19 Update Hello Members! We anticipate shipping Box 19 within 10-14 days, hopefully sooner. Once we have a firm date, we'll update this news section with more details. Thank you for your patience!
-The From the Lab Team

So funny!  I just went and looked and saw that too!

Which basically means no January box either.

I will likely be cancelling, especially if this next product isn't awesome...

It's really sad if this sub. box is failing too. 
I THINK, but could be wrong, that there were always a lot of questions about why the products were "unbranded" if they were going to big cosmetic houses, and also how they could be pre-sold with possible proprietary formulas.

I don't think European cosmetic firms take breaks during the winter. The major brands are always planning new collections, and the Spring collections are essential for the Couture fashion shows. The makeup trends used has become a side focus of the runway commentaries. 

If FTL is in trouble, they should say so, and maybe find a way to offer skin care products by skin type instead of OSFA.  Their products had a lot of diversity which seems to have not been great for all skin types in every monthly offering. So why not give subscribers a chance to order boxes for different skin types? The lack of customization into Normal, Oily, or Dry skin categories ( the basics)  is why I unsubbed from them, sadly.

Back