From The Lab Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, my mom is an RN and she always has hers painted. I know some corporate places don't like unnatural colors, but I have never heard of an all out ban.

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Actually it's pretty common not only in hospitals, but also in nursing homes and some restaurants ban it too. I've done some home health care work too, where you can't wear nail polish. It sucks, but it's supposed to help the spread of bacteria or something like that.
The rationale at healthcare facilities I've worked in is that polish can hide dirt under nails, so you either can't spot bad hygiene or become less aware of it on yourself.  As long as nails are short enough to not overhang the finger I've noticed most departments I've been in are pretty lax about it, but I'm sure that depends on the facility.

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The rationale at healthcare facilities I've worked in is that polish can hide dirt under nails, so you either can't spot bad hygiene or become less aware of it on yourself.  As long as nails are short enough to not overhang the finger I've noticed most departments I've been in are pretty lax about it, but I'm sure that depends on the facility.
Yeah I knew it had something to do with dirt, but I wasn't too sure what it was. Where I've worked they've always been super strict on it.

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Actually it's pretty common not only in hospitals, but also in nursing homes and some restaurants ban it too. I've done some home health care work too, where you can't wear nail polish. It sucks, but it's supposed to help the spread of bacteria or something like that.
I've seen nurses here where I had some apts in the hospital- they had long fake nails and often are not as cautious with cleaning their hands.

I've actually gotten extremely sick from "germs" in that same dept and now if I have to go there I always pay attention to if nurses touch a garbage can and then go see a patient.

Also try to make sure nurses wear gloves as many times I've seen them not use them when they should be.

I did mention all my issues to the person running that dept, and hopefully that might help (kind of doubtful).

October reveal!

not like I need another cleanser

I'm very excited to try this one, because I'm always on the hunt for the perfect cleanser :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am not as thrilled about Miscellar "water" cleansers.
Maybe they are new to the US, but where I live in Canada we have had them for years and for me to pay $30 for one is a lot.

I just got a very good deal at the drugstore for Reversa miscellar cleanser 2 for 1 reg $30, paid $20 and got 2x 300ml bottles.

or a great deal online is Caudalie cleansing water 400ml for $28 and that inc shipping to Canada (or anywhere in the world...).

-forgot the deal is at feelunique

Maybe if From the Lab has a amazing product I will sign up again, but with shipping and the US dollar to Canada it is $32 per month....

I'm originally from Russia and I used micellar water for as long as I can remember, because we have easy access to so many amazing European products (Nuxe, Decleor, Vichy, Avene, and La Roche-Posay are actually drugstore brands over there). With that said, I actually really like this month's FTL product, it soothes the skin immediately and makes my face feel so soft! It's definitely one of the best I have used :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm originally from Russia and I used micellar water for as long as I can remember, because we have easy access to so many amazing European products (Nuxe, Decleor, Vichy, Avene, and La Roche-Posay are actually drugstore brands over there). With that said, I actually really like this month's FTL product, it soothes the skin immediately and makes my face feel so soft! It's definitely one of the best I have used :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Those brands are very easy to access in Canada !

every drugstore here sells those brands and I think one chain ever has store brand cleansing water.

I actually buy Caudalie and Nuxe from a British website, it is so much cheaper than the stores here.

Also the drugstore chains here if you ask nicely in cosmetics when you buy stuff they have tons of sample sizes of those brands in mini tubes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Around here people never ask, so they are super generous when I buy stuff!

I just wanted to share that I got my February box yesterday, and I think it's my favorite one yet!

The products were a face mask (1 oz) and a face scrub (1.7 oz). 

The mask has Heart of the Sea Algae and absinthe, among other interesting ingredients.  I've already tried this one, and I am in LOVE! It has a gel-like consistency in the jar, but it feels more creamy once you put it on your face. It feels cool and hydrating while it's on, smells great, and my face felt noticeably smoother and moisturized afterwards. It also seemed to help calm down the hormonal breakouts on my chin.  The only down side is the size.  I will probably run through this in a couple of weeks, but I will definitely reorder.

The key ingredients of the face scrub are jojoba beads, red wine grape extracts, and cornflower water.  I haven't tried it yet, but it has a very nice fragrance and it seems like it would be very gentle but effective.
I feel like this sub doesn't quite get the recognition it deserves. I have loved nearly every product I've received, which is surprising since my skin can be very sensitive.  I have reordered at least 3 products, and I will definitely reorder the products from this month's box (probably more than once).

I agree, this is a wonderful sub, but I had to cancel because I'm on a product overload right now.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The hair mask lasted me a whole month - I just ran out yesterday. Most people don't realize how very little they need to get the benefits. I've been using a ton before, too, but one day my hairdresser gave me some tips on how much product I should use, like shampoos, conditioners and masks, and it appears that I've been using like 5 times more than necessary! For the reference, I have long hair that goes down to about the middle of my back, and I didn't need much to cover my hair from roots to ends.

I have hair that is to my mid back right now and most hairdressers are always surprized at how much conditioner I need.

My hair is naturally curly and dry.

I prob got 8 or 10 uses out of the conditioner, but I was using it as regular conditioner and after my shampoo, not before.

I get a lot of comments that I have thirsty hair and also hardly ever use a hair dryer- partly out of lazyness (and also a shoulder injury...)

From the Lab is a neat idea- but I have way too much products to use up and so much others I want to try that I will just maybe buy the products from one month if I like them.

I joined this sub earlier this month and am excited to get the face mask and scrub, since all of their products are supposed to be compatible with sensitive skin. Since I signed up for 6 months (or at least I *think* it was 6 months... can't find the email) I got 2 free welcome gifts, so I chose the face primer + eye primer and the 594 face cream.

I figure it's a pretty good deal, although I can definitely see how you could get overloaded with product if you have other subs with skincare items.

I've been thinking about adding this sub in. Are there any coupon codes for a free gift right now? I'd love to try the 594 face cream.

I'm not sure if it's still going on, but when I signed up for the 6 months, I got to basically get 2 months of past products for free, including the 594 face cream. I think you get one month of past product for a 3 month...

Just got the spoiler for this months product. I am excited to try it!

Transforming Hair Cleanser No. 724. It’s a truly revolutionary oil-based shampoo that cleans, conditions and detangles. Simply put, it’s the new way to wash your hair.

I've tried the hair cleanser this month a couple of times, and although I think it's a neat idea, I don't really like the product in practice. It does clean my hair well, but it doesn't feel conditioned in the end and it's very difficult to run a brush through wet without adding some detangler beforehand. I know I could use a conditioner after the cleanser, but with the way they describe it, you shouldn't need to.

I'll finish the bottle though and just make sure to use my Beauty Protector leave in conditioner so I don't rip my hair out while brushing.

Quote: Originally Posted by lindseylouwho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've tried the hair cleanser this month a couple of times, and although I think it's a neat idea, I don't really like the product in practice. It does clean my hair well, but it doesn't feel conditioned in the end and it's very difficult to run a brush through wet without adding some detangler beforehand. I know I could use a conditioner after the cleanser, but with the way they describe it, you shouldn't need to.

I'll finish the bottle though and just make sure to use my Beauty Protector leave in conditioner so I don't rip my hair out while brushing.

I felt the same way with my hair, but when I used it on my daughter's hair, that really was all she needed. Just washing it out, her hair felt so soft and like the moisture was locked in. Maybe you need to use a lot of it to get that kind of effect because I did accidentally put a bit too much in her hair the first couple of times. 

Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaMaven /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I felt the same way with my hair, but when I used it on my daughter's hair, that really was all she needed. Just washing it out, her hair felt so soft and like the moisture was locked in. Maybe you need to use a lot of it to get that kind of effect because I did accidentally put a bit too much in her hair the first couple of times. 
I just used it for the first time 2 nights ago and I feel like I may have used too much. I kept on feeling like part of my hair was not getting any product. I let my hair air dry and it still looks like there is oil in my hair around the roots. I did feel like it left the rest of my hair clean, no need for detangler for me, but I think I need to experiment with the amount I use too. Or maybe just not rub it into my scalp as much as I am use to doing with regular shampoo and conditioner? The jury is still out on this one for me.

I'm not prepared to hop onto another subscription service right now but did notice GiltCity had a special for this one; thought I'd let you all know. It shows up under National and it's $54 for 3 months or $99 for 6 months.

Latest posts

Back