From The Lab Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If they eventually told you what the product was I would feel much better about getting the box

Well, the thing is, it was just a coincidence that the inaugural month contained two products which are currently already in stores. We receive the formulas which might not have been picked up by any company yet, but according to an interview with one of the CEOs, the October lineup will hit the stores in February with a $200 price tag.

“We’ve already had confirmation that October line is coming out in retail in February at a $200 price pointâ€

- Lorraine Dahlinger, CEO

I think at this point I have tried so many beauty products, that this subscription brings a breath of fresh air in my routine, because it allows me to try formulas without any brand bias. 

I just stumbled across this sub. I got the invite and am on the fence. Is there a way to pause if you can't do a month?

I think you have to email to skip, but that was before they had a wait list, so I'm not sure how it works now.

Thanks. I might email to confirm. I have a couple days to decide. I wish their monthly price included shipping rather than adding it separately.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, the thing is, it was just a coincidence that the inaugural month contained two products which are currently already in stores. We receive the formulas which might not have been picked up by any company yet, but according to an interview with one of the CEOs, the October lineup will hit the stores in February with a $200 price tag.

“We’ve already had confirmation that October line is coming out in retail in February at a $200 price pointâ€

- Lorraine Dahlinger, CEO

I think at this point I have tried so many beauty products, that this subscription brings a breath of fresh air in my routine, because it allows me to try formulas without any brand bias. 

I read the Oct product is supposed to be a item that cleanses and exfoliates and removes makeup in one.
Or at least cleanses and exfoliates- as soon as I read that I canceled my membership.

I already have 10+ face cleansers here (some travel size, some from sets I bought).

Also, the CEO's statement is interesting. She does not say the product we are getting is worth $200, just that the line it is from is at a $200 price point.
I just wish members had more info.

I will be watching to see what people get in the next couple months...

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read the Oct product is supposed to be a item that cleanses and exfoliates and removes makeup in one.
Or at least cleanses and exfoliates- as soon as I read that I canceled my membership.

I already have 10+ face cleansers here (some travel size, some from sets I bought).

Also, the CEO's statement is interesting. She does not say the product we are getting is worth $200, just that the line it is from is at a $200 price point.
I just wish members had more info.

I will be watching to see what people get in the next couple months...

I don't know how I feel about that spoiler simply because I also have so many cleaners and exfoliators. I was also not too enthused about the hair mask which was gone in two uses for me. I LOVE the concept - I just would like to see more makeup-y products right about now!

The hair mask lasted me a whole month - I just ran out yesterday. Most people don't realize how very little they need to get the benefits. I've been using a ton before, too, but one day my hairdresser gave me some tips on how much product I should use, like shampoos, conditioners and masks, and it appears that I've been using like 5 times more than necessary! For the reference, I have long hair that goes down to about the middle of my back, and I didn't need much to cover my hair from roots to ends.

The hair mask lasted me a whole month - I just ran out yesterday. Most people don't realize how very little they need to get the benefits. I've been using a ton before, too, but one day my hairdresser gave me some tips on how much product I should use, like shampoos, conditioners and masks, and it appears that I've been using like 5 times more than necessary! For the reference, I have long hair that goes down to about the middle of my back, and I didn't need much to cover my hair from roots to ends.

I keep forgetting to use it! I used it for the first time two days ago and it's pretty nice.

The mask is quite nice- but not any nicer than my other hair products I've used.

I've used Kerastasse, Curls, Sebastian and from the natural store Giovanni is really nice too!

For me, the conditioner it depends on the kind. Some that are bad for my hair type- like Body Shop I need to use 4x more than some brands like Giovanni or Herbal Essences.

For the From the Lab mask, with my curly hair that is down my back I will prob get 8 uses out of the hair mask.
-the mask detangled my hair very easily!

Ooh I love Giovanni conditioners and masks! And they're very affordable, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They're loaded with silicones, but that's what helps detangle all the frizz.

Got ny invite and since I cancelled all my polish subs because of the work place nail polish ban, I am doing this one.Got a shipping date of October 8th.

I signed up for this when Gilt had the three month sub plus the previous months deal. I really like it so far. I am loving the face and eye creams. Excited to see what the October product will be like. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooh I love Giovanni conditioners and masks! And they're very affordable, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They're loaded with silicones, but that's what helps detangle all the frizz.

Or conditioners w jojoba oil work well for me like Desert Essence-I haven't bought that one in 1+ year as I can't find it in a store near me and always forget to order it online.

For silicone free stuff Curls brand line which is aimed more at "mixed" kids and African American women is quite good.

Target has some of their cheaper items, but the Curls site and salons have the original line.

The only issue I have is I end up using a lot more of their conditioner than w silicone ones.

For silicone free I just tried the new shampoo and conditioner from Scentuals- it is a Canadian handmade brand and works pretty well!

I am going to rebuy the shampoo and conditioner.

I had heard of the brand before and buy their soaps and lotions, but had seen a set w shampoo,conditioner,body wash on a deal site last year and saw they had a body product deal a few weeks ago....

so maybe they will have some deal sometime....hoping!

http://scentualsbodycare.com/grapefruit-natural-moisturizing-conditioner.html

Quote: Originally Posted by Donna529 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got ny invite and since I cancelled all my polish subs because of the work place nail polish ban, I am doing this one.Got a shipping date of October 8th.
Oh my God, a polish ban? Why? What horrible place would do that?

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I work in a hospital.

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually it's pretty common not only in hospitals, but also in nursing homes and some restaurants ban it too. I've done some home health care work too, where you can't wear nail polish. It sucks, but it's supposed to help the spread of bacteria or something like that.

Latest posts

Back