From The Lab Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously! I fast forwarded through so much of it. I sat through most of the nail art segment, but the rest was lost on me...

This subscription is so interesting but I'm still on the fence. I would want to know the brands eventually. They never tell you?

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha, I knew that wasn't primer, glad I know I wasn't just imagining it! It's nice though and does layer well with other colours; I'm wearing it today.
I like the eye shadow "primer". The colour is quite nice, but for actual primer I still like my boring eye base!

Maybe I will try using my eye base first then the eye shadows from the lab. It is so humid here my makeup is not staying on at all.

I just stumbled upon this through Gilt and I immediately knew the MUT ladies would know more about it. Looks really intriguing. Do you think it's worth it? I might buy the Gilt deal for the starter kit and 3 mo sub.

The items are worth more than the cost of the box, but since you don't get many items, it's hard to predict whether or not they'll be things you'd use. They say they'll send one, two or three items; we haven't had a one-item month yet since it's still new. I really enjoyed June/July, but I'm on the fence about it. 

I'd say give it a try if you have some extra money and can keep an open mind, but I wouldn't give up another sub to get this one. 

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just stumbled upon this through Gilt and I immediately knew the MUT ladies would know more about it. Looks really intriguing. Do you think it's worth it? I might buy the Gilt deal for the starter kit and 3 mo sub.
I do think its worth it because currently, there is a waitlist only. If Gilt can guarantee a membership why not? I can't find the deal on Gilt myself, so I am not sure about the details. When the 3 months ends does that "cancel" your sub and you go back on the waitlist or do you get to continue as a member?

Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This subscription is so interesting but I'm still on the fence. I would want to know the brands eventually. They never tell you?

On the bottom of their homepage they state that "While FTL intends to be 100% accurate with regard to the details of each product, including the product's retail release date, FTL has to rely on the accuracy of the information provided by these internal laboratories and manufacturers." 

So I would think that with the release date, we would also know the product name/brand, but who knows when we will actually get that information. They also say that these products are given to us up to 6 months before retail release, so we have a little time to wait.

Quote:Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do think its worth it because currently, there is a waitlist only. If Gilt can guarantee a membership why not? I can't find the deal on Gilt myself, so I am not sure about the details. When the 3 months ends does that "cancel" your sub and you go back on the waitlist or do you get to continue as a member?

On the bottom of their homepage they state that "While FTL intends to be 100% accurate with regard to the details of each product, including the product's retail release date, FTL has to rely on the accuracy of the information provided by these internal laboratories and manufacturers." 

So I would think that with the release date, we would also know the product name/brand, but who knows when we will actually get that information. They also say that these products are given to us up to 6 months before retail release, so we have a little time to wait.

Yeah I might do it. Looks like the deal is a "summer beauty starter kit" probably items from boxes June-Aug and then an additional 3mo sub for $99. https://www.giltcity.com/dc/fromthelabnational

Quote:Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the details of the summer starter kit it says something about the third box being "total body pampering."

Good catch. I didn't see it. I just bought the starter kit + 3 months and then I'll reassess if I want to keep this sub.

Thanks for posting the link...that is seriously a great deal! $179 for the 12 month sub equates to $14.92 a box. Add one time shipping and tax and you come out (at least in CA) to $254 for the year. At my current rate (with shipping and tax) I pay $27.98 a month. That's $335.76 a year!! I am cancelling and signing up with Gilt...gonna save myself $81!!

Quote:Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for posting the link...that is seriously a great deal! $179 for the 12 month sub equates to $14.92 a box. Add one time shipping and tax and you come out (at least in CA) to $211 for the year. At my current rate (with shipping and tax) I pay $27.98 a month. That's $335.76 a year!! I am cancelling and signing up with Gilt...gonna save myself $125!!

You're welcome! Gotta love savings :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for posting the link...that is seriously a great deal! $179 for the 12 month sub equates to $14.92 a box. Add one time shipping and tax and you come out (at least in CA) to $254 for the year. At my current rate (with shipping and tax) I pay $27.98 a month. That's $335.76 a year!! I am cancelling and signing up with Gilt...gonna save myself $81!!
This is exactly what I was thinking!  Although, I just placed my order, and I was only charged the flat $179.  Am I missing something?

I'm guessing I should wait until I get the August box to cancel my current subscription, but when do you think we should activate the Gilt subscription to avoid getting a second August box?

BTW, thanks for saving me major $$$, tasertag!

Quote:Originally Posted by Andi B /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is exactly what I was thinking!  Although, I just placed my order, and I was only charged the flat $179.  Am I missing something?

I'm guessing I should wait until I get the August box to cancel my current subscription, but when do you think we should activate the Gilt subscription to avoid getting a second August box?

You're very welcome!

They said a one time $59 s&h fee and tax will be charged upon redemption of the code they'll send you. Still comes out to be significant savings. You have to redeem by Oct 25 so you can wait until after your Aug box.

Originally Posted by Andi B /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The shipping and tax is charged when you redeem the voucher...if I wait until after I get the August shipment, it wont sting so bad redeeming in September and breaking up the payments a bit..haha.

Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The shipping and tax is charged when you redeem the voucher...if I wait until after I get the August shipment, it wont sting so bad redeeming in September and breaking up the payments a bit..haha.

Thanks, haha...guess I should've read the fine print!  It's still a ridiculously good offer!

I'm guessing the tax only applies to CA residents, though?  I don't think I've ever been charged tax on my monthly subscription.

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just redeemed it. No sales tax was added just the S&H for me.
Thanks!  Did your confirmation tell you which month your subscription would start with? 

Quote:Originally Posted by Andi B /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks!  Did your confirmation tell you which month your subscription would start with? 

The login says that they're preparing my September. But I assume the starter box will come soon. On the email receipt it lists the boxes from june-aug. But you ladies who did the 12mo probably won't get the starter box...which works out since you won't get dupes at all.

Back