From The Lab Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else think that the moisturizer smells just like Chanel Hydramax?

Do they tell us after the products go on the market what the retail product names are? What if an item is picked up by Dior, marketed for $100, will we still be able to order from From the Lab for the generic price? Or will it just not be sold once the item hits the market under a brand name?

Do they tell us after the products go on the market what the retail product names are? What if an item is picked up by Dior, marketed for $100, will we still be able to order from From the Lab for the generic price? Or will it just not be sold once the item hits the market under a brand name?
All very good questions...I was wondering if we would ever get to know the brand as well.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All very good questions...I was wondering if we would ever get to know the brand as well.
dito.gif

My box arrived today! I like both items, but the scent of the face moisturizer is a little too much for me. I will definitely use both of them up though. 

I'm curious about next month, because we've had cosmetics and skincare, so that leaves hair care. I admit I'm less interested in that, but I'm curious to see what they'll send, or if they'll go in a predictable sequence. 

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box arrived today! I like both items, but the scent of the face moisturizer is a little too much for me. I will definitely use both of them up though. 

I'm curious about next month, because we've had cosmetics and skincare, so that leaves hair care. I admit I'm less interested in that, but I'm curious to see what they'll send, or if they'll go in a predictable sequence. 
I have actually gotten used to the scent, believe it or not.  I would still prefer it not to have it though, if it were possible.  I have normal to oily skin, so I thought it might be too heavy.  Surprisingly enough, it hasn't been.  I had a couple of breakouts when I started using it, I don't know if that was a coincidence or what, but nothing major.  

You are probably right, I would think haircare would be probable for the next shipment.  I am not as interested either, but if it an awesome hair product, that would great.  Since they send out the same items to everyone, I would think haircare would be challenging to do, everyone has such different hair concerns.  Maybe a styling product or something like that?  

Well I had looked up the ingredient list in google for the primer and the brand I had gotten back as one choice had pretty much the same writing/description and the same ingredients.

So I'm pretty sure my guess for the primer is right.

Also I did a search for a product I bought online- a body butter that the package is the exact same as body shop, made in England (a item I bought from a store in england) and it turned out that the products had the exact ingredients as The Body Shop (some scents were different, some not).

I hope to think my research skills are decent, lol.

So if they do not reveal the brands, I think Google search is pretty good!

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I had looked up the ingredient list in google for the primer and the brand I had gotten back as one choice had pretty much the same writing/description and the same ingredients.

Also I did a search for a product I bought online- a body butter that the package is the exact same as body shop, made in England (a item I bought from a store in england) and it turned out that the products had the exact ingredients as The Body Shop (some scents were different, some not).

Nice work Super Sleuth!

I also know what the eyelift primer was, I actually spoke to one of the owners and he confirmed it for me. I was right about it being Rouge Bunny Rouge eye shadow.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also know what the eyelift primer was, I actually spoke to one of the owners and he confirmed it for me. I was right about it being Rouge Bunny Rouge eye shadow.
Which product is it? I can't find an eye primer on their site, but it seems similar to the brocade skipper eye shadow... is that it? 

See, this is where I'm confused. I thought that the point of this sub was to try new, unreleased items not available to the general public. Or are these just the brands that will be carrying the items in the future?

See, this is where I'm confused. I thought that the point of this sub was to try new, unreleased items not available to the general public. Or are these just the brands that will be carrying the items in the future?
I guess it's not available in the US yet.

Which product is it? I can't find an eye primer on their site, but it seems similar to the brocade skipper eye shadow... is that it? 
Yes, that's the one. You can compare the ingredient lists, they're identical.

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, that's the one. You can compare the ingredient lists, they're identical.

Ha, I knew that wasn't primer, glad I know I wasn't just imagining it! It's nice though and does layer well with other colours; I'm wearing it today.

Ha, I knew that wasn't primer, glad I know I wasn't just imagining it! It's nice though and does layer well with other colours; I'm wearing it today.
I agree, I love it too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's why if you put too much on it creases. It's amazing if you put it on lightly! The creasing is non-exsistant and other shadows float on it nicely.

Got my notice yesterday. We have had 2 months of skin care, so I would guess this month they would switch it up with color cosmetics or hair care...can't wait! I love that they ship so early that it does not bother me they don't provide tracking.

Me too. I was hoping since they gave a hint last month that they'd do the same again, but I guess it will be a surprise.

It looks like it's invite-only now. I noticed they update the From the Lab facebook page a lot, but they seem to have abandoned the Inside Beautiful one, and the website for it hasn't been updated in July. I tried sitting through one of their 30-minute shows and only lasted about five minutes, so I can see why they might discontinue it. It seems really expensive to produce for something most people wouldn't care about. 

Back