From The Lab Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wanted to mention that ebates gives 4% on gilt city purchases. 
Ack!  I always forget about ebates!

Quote:Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wanted to mention that ebates gives 4% on gilt city purchases. 

OH NO! i didn't know that! oh well..noted for next time.

Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do think its worth it because currently, there is a waitlist only. If Gilt can guarantee a membership why not? I can't find the deal on Gilt myself, so I am not sure about the details. When the 3 months ends does that "cancel" your sub and you go back on the waitlist or do you get to continue as a member?

On the bottom of their homepage they state that "While FTL intends to be 100% accurate with regard to the details of each product, including the product's retail release date, FTL has to rely on the accuracy of the information provided by these internal laboratories and manufacturers." 

So I would think that with the release date, we would also know the product name/brand, but who knows when we will actually get that information. They also say that these products are given to us up to 6 months before retail release, so we have a little time to wait.
Thanks! That was really helpful
icon_smile.gif

The pic on the website is probably what we're getting...

Any speculation about what these might be?

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The pic on the website is probably what we're getting...

Any speculation about what these might be?
Looks like an enzyme exfoliator and a serum or toner in a pump.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One product - Body Serum

Meh...

I got mine today.
Is it good at least? I skipped August for financial reasons, but if it's a nice product I may be able to purchase it later if they have leftovers.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One product - Body Serum

Meh...

I got mine today.
Please tell me it's got platinum glitter and plays the 'Friendship is Magic' theme when you open it. Otherwise, I might be disappointed. 

I haven't tried it yet, but I can't imagine that I feel like it will be worth the $25.90 that I paid.

And nope...no glitter or music. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Still haven't gotten July's box.

I think I will cancel...just cuz this does not exite me too much.

Got my box today!

Big white tube of serum. It's the first time I'm not impressed with the packaging; it seems kind of cheap and is a bit hard to get out of the tube. 

The serum is fine, I guess. It doesn't smell bad, it dries quickly and it did make my legs feel smooth. However, it didn't feel very special or luxurious. I've been using the c.Booth oil mist from June's Glossybox, and that feels like more of a treat, and only costs $7. 
I decided to unsub, even though I was seriously considering the yearlong Gilt City deal. I've liked everything I've received, but other subs keep me supplied with similar items that I like just as well and can repurchase more easily. 

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it good at least? I skipped August for financial reasons, but if it's a nice product I may be able to purchase it later if they have leftovers.
I didn't know you could skip months? 

I liked the body serum a lot. I love it after showering and exfolliating. Everything feels smooth and supple. I do kind of wish they included at least one other sample though! 

Septembers product is up on the member site...for those that are interested.

I am not able to post a picture right now...

Hair Mask No 718 (its in the same packaging as the body serum was)
I always love a good hair mask, but it seems I have so many...probably won't try this one right away.

I really like From the Lab.  Haven't been reading the thread though.  I seriously love the long necked flask with the pink solution in it.  Science geek!

I cancelled just because I wanted to reduce the stuff coming into my house. I did enjoy what I received while I was a subscriber and like coming here to see what everyone else is getting.

I'm still subscribed because of the concept :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So far every single item we got was amazing quality and I found myself reaching for all of those products regularly, so for now I'm going to keep it.

I'm still subscribed because of the concept :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So far every single item we got was amazing quality and I found myself reaching for all of those products regularly, so for now I'm going to keep it.
Please continue posting what you receive. I'd love to see.

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cancelled just because I wanted to reduce the stuff coming into my house. I did enjoy what I received while I was a subscriber and like coming here to see what everyone else is getting.

I am def going to cancel mine.

The products are great, loved the eye cream and face primers...but do not "need" those that bad.

I have a couple skin issues that are expensive to resolve ( has nothing to do w from the lab...but some face discoloration/scarring) and that is just using up my extra $$ (been to derm +dr and wasted money on that already....back to buying expensive product that works.....)

Latest posts

Back