GlobeIn Artisan box - so excited!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I got the email for the full spoilers for June's bag - I think I will like this bag better than last month's

1) Handmade Coasters from Ghana (ABAN)
Women artisans create these coasters from traditional batik fabrics and the upcycled plastic bags in which Ghanaians receive their drinking water -- keeping the bags off the streets.

2) Za'atar Spice Mix from Palestine (Canaan Fair Trade)
Ingest an extra boost for your body, mind and soul. This Middle Eastern spice mix tastes great, creates economic stability and is rumored to make you smarter.

3) Sun-Dried Tomato Caper Spread from Palestine (Canaan Fair Trade)
Serve as a dip, spread it over a slice of warm bread, smother it onto pasta or onto anything else wanting of rich tomato flavor.

4) Tea Time Bunting from India (Matr Boomie)
String up a friendly splash of color. This bunting is made from upcycled Indian saris, which are popular traditional garments that date back over 4,000 years.

5) Palm Leaf Basket from Mexico
This palm leaf “tenate” basket is a living example of Mexican history helping indigenous artisans climb the economic ladder. Use them anywhere from home organization to gift packaging.

They've got an offer for new members if you take out a sub for >3 months. Summer-15 and you'll get the June box for free! Almost tempted but reckon I'd get hit for customs arriving in the UK which would make it expensive and not "in love" with the June box either but for those in the US, looks a decent sub and something a bit different from the usual beauty boxes too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think June looks great, but.  I'm starting to wonder what the heck I'm going to do with all the baskets.  Maybe I'll use them to stuff my crocheted items in for holiday presents. Couple of washcloths, or a bath poof and some home made soap, might be cute.  I dunno.  

I think June looks great, but.  I'm starting to wonder what the heck I'm going to do with all the baskets.  Maybe I'll use them to stuff my crocheted items in for holiday presents. Couple of washcloths, or a bath poof and some home made soap, might be cute.  I dunno.  
I've asked them to switch up the baskets with things like scarfs or artisan crafted fabrics or something. 

Right now, I have 3, going on 4 of these baskets.   They will probably get gifted, as I have no clue what to do with them all.

and I keep getting red and purple.  I WANT some aqua!!

I've asked them to switch up the baskets with things like scarfs or artisan crafted fabrics or something. 

Right now, I have 3, going on 4 of these baskets.   They will probably get gifted, as I have no clue what to do with them all.

and I keep getting red and purple.  I WANT some aqua!!
If I get an aqua one this month, I will gladly send to you!  I will let you know!

Just got my first GlobeIn box today and I'm quite pleased with it. I really like the colors and pattern on my bunting and the coasters are great/ Everything will get used and I'm happy to support artisans worldwide. I'm looking forward to more GlobeIn!

I'm missing out on the fun :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I cancelled this box because of upcoming expenditures. I was looking forward to it because of the banner and coasters. I can never have enough baskets because everyone uses them. I'm not allowed to open the box until the boys are around because they want it depending on the color. I'll be resubscribing in a few months!

Got an email today about July.

"And The July Artisan Box Theme is...

WANDER

The “Wander” Artisan Box is a collection of mindful products that will prepare you for the great outdoors, whether it is walking in the park, strolling on the beach, or going camping with the family! "

ohhh, first spoiler!

Every "Wander" Artisan Box will include a cotton backpack handloomed by artisans in Sri Lanka. (Retail Value $29.99.)

The backpacks will come in a variety of crush-worthy colors and will quickly become your go-to accessory for any summer-worthy activity! According to customer reviews they are also great for the gym and, due to their durability, can even substitute your regular backpack!

GLOBEIN_JULY_MariannaJamadi-2.jpg

With these backpacks we are happy to introduce our customers to ApiHappi, a brand that strives to revitalize the art of handloom and empower creative artisans in Sri Lanka by producing fun and stylish products for the world to enjoy.

There is now a second spoiler for July on MSA (and other review sites). I am really liking this box! If this 2nd item works as promised, I will definitely be buying more (and supporting the collective in South Sudan).

If you're looking for ways to use your Za'atar, I made this recipe a few days ago and it was amazing!!  You can use any kind of meat you want with the same method, or just skip it and only do the veggies if you don't eat meat.  When I made it I didn't have sumac or pom. molasses, and it was still really delish. I did order both of those, though, so I'll make it the proper way next time.

http://fatsandbird.com/2013/11/21/zaatar-steak-with-spicy-sumac-roasted-vegetables/

I had an Israeli boyfriend years ago who used to use za'atar as a dipping spice. He'd cut a slice of crusty bread and pour out a little olive oil, then dip the bread in the oil and then the za'atar. Delicious.

Back