GlobeIn Artisan box - so excited!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the full box is revealed

So, the gift card is actually something you redeem and donate that $$ to Watsi to supply health care to improvised countries.  Nice touch.   Light box, though.  They should have included another item, imho

"So much more than good health alone, wellness is a state of physical, mental, and social harmony. It is a brightness of energy coursing through all levels of our being. It is a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts, cultivated by infusing daily activities with a spark of intention and care.

Ease your runway into deeper sleep with an air of lavender from your herbal eye pillow. Savor a daily nutrient-boost by adding your baobab powder to cereal, fruit, or smoothies. Be that kind stranger who brought tissues, aspirin, or Band-Aids by filling your blessing bag with first-aid essentials and tossing it in your day bag.

When we tend to our own wellness, we bring our best selves to the world and become able to influence the wellness of others. In this spirit, we’ll be donating 50% of profits from the Wellness Box to Watsi, an organization that connects donors to medical patients who can’t afford the procedures they need."

Each Wellness Box will include:

1) Blessing Bag (Ghana) by ABAN - $12 retail.

2) Eye Pillow (Peru) - $13.

3) Baobab Powder (Benin) - $10

4) Palm Leaf Basket (Mexico) - $12

5) Watsi Gift Card - $5
Watsi enables anyone to fund life-changing healthcare for people around the world. 100% of donations directly fund care.
GLOBEIN_SEPTEMBER_MARIANNAJAMADI-22.jpg

They have a promotion on their sight where if you buy 3+ items from the store you get a free basket.  There is a popup on the site, but it didn't show in the cart.  I have been wanting to sign up for this one, but had a quick question.  I see that a lot of you are saying you're getting the same color baskets month after month.  Are they all the same size, shape, and design too, or do they send out a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes?  I love baskets and they are a bog part of the draw of this subscription for me.

I have purchased 3 monthly GlobeIn boxes and 1 set of items from their store (entitling me to a basket). I have received 4 different baskets, in slightly different shapes/sizes and several colors. I can't assure you that this means you'll get different colors, too, but so far I have received a variety! (And the contents of the baskets are well worth it to me, too.)

GlobeIn_Baskets.jpg

Pretty selection of baskets!  I will definitely have to add this to my regular sub selection!  Thanks for sharing a picture!

I think globein might be in trouble.   I am an affiliate and when I went to check on my affiliate stuff with shareasale, shareasale has made them inactive.  I guess they aren't paying the commissions (not that I made any from them)

that is the only thing I can think of right now.  Or they are revamping the affiliate program, but they haven't sent any notifications to affiliates yet.  Just FYI.

I've heard people talk before about "affiliate programs" but I have no clue what that means, so the significance of that is a bit lost on me. Could you explain generally what that means and why it might matter? Thanks!

I've heard people talk before about "affiliate programs" but I have no clue what that means, so the significance of that is a bit lost on me. Could you explain generally what that means and why it might matter? Thanks!
Hi DianeER - basically, some sites offer an "affiliate" program that will allow you to get a small commission (usually 3 to 5 percent) off of a sale.  You would set up links with this affiliate site (there are several, shareasale is the one globein uses, but there is also linkshare (birchbox & sephora are on this network), amazon, ebay, some companies host their own.   Unlike a referral link, which you would get "credit" for to spend at that site's store, this affiliate program usually translates into cash - that once you hit the threshold (usually $50.00 before you can get a withdrawal, but it all depends on the affiliate program), it can go into your paypal or direct deposit into your bank or a check.  The company will then send the commissions to the affiliate program, and the affiliate program will pay the affiliates.   So, in this case, I had affiliate links for Globein, readers click on those links and purchase an item, making a small commission for me.  Globein, at the end of the month, would send the commission amount to shareasale, who would then turn around and pay me.

Some brands are really picky about who they want representing them - you can't just have an IG account and spam people with those links - in fact, shareasale and linkshare will boot you off their system if that is what you do.  Affiliates are supposed to write quality posts - whether it is on FB, IG, personal blog and can embed those links in their posts so that people can click on them and purchase what they just read.

I always add the disclaimer on my blog posts that this post contains affiliate links, in case people don't like that.   It doesn't cost anything extra, however, if they do click on those links.  Affiliates can also get promo codes and are told of sales and big events ahead of time (sometimes!).   

It is not the same as a sponsored blog or sponsored post -  that means that there is a major relationship between the blogger and the company and they will get massive goodies from that company to test out and promote on their blog.   They also advertise on the blog too - since my blog is not self hosted, I cannot do that type of promotion (and not sure I want to).

So, back to GlobeIn and shareasale deactivating the affiliate links (they don't work anymore, even though GlobeIn is an "active" seller on shareasale) is not good news to affiliates and could mean something bigger.  What shareasale alerted me, as an affiliate to Globein, is that Globein has not paid the commissions owned to shareasale.      And that is not good.  GlobeIn has not communicated with me about their affiliate program - I learned this from shareasale.  As I stated, I didn't make any $$ from the Globein affiliate program, but this is unheard of (at least to me).

It is worrisome, as if you click on one of my links that directs you to Globein that is an affiliate link, it will give you an error now.  I saw the warning the other week in shareasale, and GlobeIn in now considered "offline" with shareasale since 9/6.

And I should just add - it could mean nothing.  It could be that GlobeIn is revamping their affiliate program or not offering it anymore, but there hasn't been communication from GlobeIn about this program.  In fact, you can still sign up as an affiliate at GlobeIn with Shareasale.

update on the affiliate links  they are working now, so it might have just been a glitch between the two

new spoiler for october

nice mug!  The theme is Cozy

October_Cozy-27.jpg

I love that mug!  I got my September box the other day and it came with such a pretty blue basket.  I am really liking this subscription.

the mug is really pretty! I'm wanting to sign up for this too (have been for a while now). Trying to figure out what boxes to let go first.

I'm a bit disappointed with the spoiler for the Artisan "Bedroom Box". I mean, the pillow pet is cute and everything, but... I don't prop stuffed animals on my bed, my children are in their late 20s, and I have no grandchildren to give it to. What should I do with this cute thing when it arrives? (Anyone interested in pre-reserving it from me so you're sure you have one for each of your own kids, maybe?)

PillowPet.png

I might want an extra we'll have to chat when we get them to see if we can work out a swap. I have twin niece/nephew 4 year olds so it would be nice to give the same but different color.

Agree- I was pretty disappointed and surprised how excited everyone seems to be- but I guess it comes down to whether or not you have a child to give it to (I don't). Hopefully the rest of the box is more "adult"

I'm a bit disappointed with the spoiler for the Artisan "Bedroom Box". I mean, the pillow pet is cute and everything, but... I don't prop stuffed animals on my bed, my children are in their late 20s, and I have no grandchildren to give it to. What should I do with this cute thing when it arrives? (Anyone interested in pre-reserving it from me so you're sure you have one for each of your own kids, maybe?)

PillowPet.png

I love the pillow pet.  I do have a little one (6), but she may have to fight her big brother (22) for it lol. 

Has anyone received their Nov. GlobeIn Artisan box yet? Mine appears to be taking its sweet time crossing the country, just wondering if any of them have arrived.

Has anyone received their Nov. GlobeIn Artisan box yet? Mine appears to be taking its sweet time crossing the country, just wondering if any of them have arrived.
I got mine today.  I LOVE every item.  The seahorse is adorable.

Back