GlobeIn Artisan box - so excited!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally my Nov. box arrived. Underwhelmed, for the first time in my GlobeIn tenure. Was anyone else surprised by how short the square woven box was? Mine is just a tiny bit larger than the woven bedside bowl (as in, only just barely: at first I thought they'd forgotten to put it in).

@@Pixels I've sent you a message in case you're interested in my Pillow Pet, I have no use for it. Is anyone else interested, if she passes? Here's mine.

PillowPet.jpg

The actual basket this month didn't make me as happy as it usually does.  I got a very nice looking black one, but it was short and I like them much better with the lid.  They suggested putting a box of tissues in it, but it is really too short and wide for that.  I stuck my headbands in it for now.

According to the MSA forum, it appears Globein split the baskets up (as in they must have originally had lids to begin with) and sent some people (me and the others posting about the short baskets) the LIDS and others the basket part because people are posting pictures of much taller baskets. I think that is kind of lame and also got the brown pillow pet (kind of ugly and doesn't go with anything) so not super amazed by this month's. I can at least use the basket, but disappointing not everyone got the same size. I did like the bud vase and the bowl though.

According to the MSA forum, it appears Globein split the baskets up (as in they must have originally had lids to begin with) and sent some people (me and the others posting about the short baskets) the LIDS and others the basket part because people are posting pictures of much taller baskets. 
WOW, that would explain why I have this miniature basket this month! I put it on my husband's bedside table so he can throw bits into it, but it's a very weird thing. I was underwhelmed by this month, to put it kindly.

I'm not loving Globein as much as I thought I would.  I have a 6 month subscription which expires after January and I am not sure I will renew. Love what they stand for, just end up swapping many of the items - 2 this time.  i am using my half basket (tall one) as a wastebasket on my desk.  The round woven bowl is going to my son to go on his dresser to hold keys, wallet etc. as it is not my style.  Did love the mug and cocoa from the cozy box, but traded the scarf.  We will see what the next 2 months bring. Right now I subscribe to 13 boxes (most higher end), so may have to drop globein to keep the others.

I am still loving this one.  The basket was strange and not my favorite, but I found something to do with it and my daughter loves the little pillow pet.  I told her it was a sweet dreams friend and she has put it in bed with her every night.  She doesn't seem to care that it's a strange brownish green color lol.

Looks like the next one is a Bath theme. I would sub to this if I wasn't on no buy. I wanted to do it last year but didn't because I was trying to keep my subs down but this one is really interesting. Now I have to wait until my no buy is over.

globe In January 2016 spoilers.png

Looks like the next one is a Bath theme. I would sub to this if I wasn't on no buy. I wanted to do it last year but didn't because I was trying to keep my subs down but this one is really interesting. Now I have to wait until my no buy is over.

globe In January 2016 spoilers.png
You should sign up as soon as your budget allows!  They have such charming items.  ...and you can tell yourself you're helping third world people improve their lot.

No, but the post office said they received my shipping info, so I hope tomorrow or Wednesday. This is my first one, do they normally take this long?
They didn't used to take this long when they were shipped from HQ in Menlo Park CA, but then they changed to use some national shipping company near Atlanta and now it takes forever. My box has been in the system since 1/19 and hasn't been scanned since. It really does take the slow route to get here, I'm afraid. This shipper also sent out the previous box without the full basket; mine came shoved into just the LID. (They split them up and sent some in the basket bodies, some in the lids. Ridiculous.) I've provided feedback to GlobeIn about how this shipping method isn't working very well and will do so again if my box doesn't show up pretty soon.

I love their products and the nature of this sub, but I hope they fix the shipping partner irregularities (and sluggishness).

They didn't used to take this long when they were shipped from HQ in Menlo Park CA, but then they changed to use some national shipping company near Atlanta and now it takes forever. My box has been in the system since 1/19 and hasn't been scanned since. It really does take the slow route to get here, I'm afraid.
When I saw they were using DHL, I figured there may be problems. They are as bad as SmartPost. Thanks for the heads up about incomplete baskets!

Thanks for the heads up about incomplete baskets!
Note however that I wrote to GlobeIn with a picture of my lonely basket lid and they sent me a replacement basket. (Not that I actually needed another basket LOL.) They have excellent customer service, in my experience.

I signed up for a 3-month sub in mid-January and received my first box yesterday.  I LOVE it!  Such a thoughtful box.  I am down to only 3 boxes now that I plan to keep for good.  PS, BB, Globein and then all Target and all PSLE.  Still finishing up annual prepaid LLB and Oui Please.  I got the blue bath towel and green hand towel. from Globein.  The woven basket it MUCH better quality that I expected and larger than I expected as well.   I am going to order more of those big bath towels.  They are much better than that one from PS a year or so ago, imo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Great job GlobeIn :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received my first box today and I love it. My towel is the burgundy color and my hand towel is light green. I already use a Turkish towel as my bath towel, it's perfect for patting dry, especially after using the Jergens/Nivea lotions that came in the Target Beauty boxes this month. I may gift this one to my sister since it matches her bathroom and buy more for trips to the beach. Looking forward to next month.

Back