GLOSSYBOX June 2014 - *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well although I really love the design of the June box, I unsubbed before they would charge me. I don't need anymore nail polish. I got StrangeBeautiful polish in a BoxyCharm and I wasn't too impressed with them. But if the 2nd spoiler is a good one...I may resubscribed. We'll see..

I never heard of StrangeBeautiful, so at least it's something new.  And I already have that Ciate white polish from April, so maybe I'll actually use it now!

so, it is just the red & blue nailpolish?  No white? huh.  I have no white nailpolish!! I guess I will have to get them - or better yet, swap this!

I have tons of blue nailpolish and dislike red for the most part.

Nail polish is my least favorite thing to get in a sub, but this box is free with my glossydots. I hope the rest of the items are nice!

Ugh more nail polish. =___= I was thinking of getting a second box just for the box itself, but since the first spoiler is nail polish, I'm just going to stick with only one box this month.

I don't love getting nail polish either. My 12 year old daughter gets that kind of loot from the box.  She loves doing her nails with all the latest and greatest stuff.  She will get a kick out of these colors.  I was one of the lucky ones that got the Snow Virgin Ciate nail polish in April.  :lol:   So, she will have some fun.

Now what's in the box for me?

I love nail polish but not crazy about red and I have plenty of blue. Glad i us subbed. Hopefully there aren't any good spoilers so I'm not tempted to re-sub :)

I unsubbed after seeing this spoiler. I actually love doing my nails, but I'm tired of getting so much polish from sub boxes. Also, the colors don't really appeal to me.

i ended up subscribing with the hair code and ebates. I will be giving the nioxin to my mom since she loves it.

I don't hate polish in sub boxes, since it is one of the cosmetics items I don't really like to spend money on, but I already have a red and a blue polish I like! I guess having a different red is fine, but two blue nail polishes? I am just not that adventurous with my nails.

I really hope there are some better items! Otherwise I will be sad that I redeemed my Glossydots.

Noticed this on the Glossybox home page...not very high value this month, at least compared to last month and most months I've subscribed.

ETA: It's almost the same value as April, which we all know how we felt about that  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I can't complain much since Mays box was worth a bazillion jillion.  But Aprils box was definitely a dud.  I'm so glad I unsubbed for it.  

I'm keeping June because I refuse to not get that box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  So the Strange Beautiful is worth $18 and the Ayres is worth.... $4/oz.  Leaving $33 for the rest of the products.

Noticed this on the Glossybox home page...not very high value this month, at least compared to last month and most month's I've subscribed.

ETA: It's almost the same value as April, which we all know how we felt about that  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 6.05.52 PM.png
well, I did use the hair promo, so that will help...that is a low value.

As long as I will use the products I don't mind the value being more than double what we paid. A high dollar box that contains nothing I'll use isn't fun. The May box was legendary so I feel like every box will be a let down. I'm only getting this one because I had enough Glossydots. 

Oh I LOVE nail polish in sub boxes! Especially when it's brands I've never heard of or have never tried! I've found some fav polishes by trying them out that way, even if I don't like the way they look in the bottle. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is from GB's instagram from two days ago... 

10349691_1457531077819625_1789428136_n.jpg

Looks like we might also get a Sumita product this month? (I looked them up and they're based in Southern California, which would go hand in hand with the whole "made in the USA" theme this month). 

@@ikecarus I don't know, I don't think I've ever seen one of their images posted that actually had anything in it we got in a box. Maybe this is the first with the Ayres, but they don't tend to leak their spoilers that way.

@@ikecarus I don't know, I don't think I've ever seen one of their images posted that actually had anything in it we got in a box. Maybe this is the first with the Ayres, but they don't tend to leak their spoilers that way.
Haha yeah that makes sense! I'm hoping that the Sumita isn't a spoiler because I already received two of their eyeliners in my Birchboxes two months ago and wasn't really impressed. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back