GlossyBox Limited Edition Holiday Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by loveforeva21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OMG thanks so much for posting the spoiler!! 

I SOOO needed to see this to SAVE $50. LOL  
claps.gif

Double posting, but this is how I am justifying this in my head: a regular sub is $21/month, so $252/year. A yearly sub is $220, so that saves $32/year. Plus the $50 bonus of the gold box, that brings the sub price down to $180/year or $15/box.

However if you use ebates it's $18.25/box, plus you can sometimes also get their promo items too (sometimes they both go through, although sometimes not) and then you also have the option of not receiving a box you're not thrilled about, which would also save you money.

Who knew beauty boxes would involve so much math?

Quote: Originally Posted by susanleia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Double posting, but this is how I am justifying this in my head: a regular sub is $21/month, so $252/year. A yearly sub is $220, so that saves $32/year. Plus the $50 bonus of the gold box, that brings the sub price down to $180/year or $15/box.

However if you use ebates it's $18.25/box, plus you can sometimes also get their promo items too (sometimes they both go through, although sometimes not) and then you also have the option of not receiving a box you're not thrilled about, which would also save you money.

Who knew beauty boxes would involve so much math?
I checked eBates - and it looks like is $2.75 back but only on the first time you use it (note: Special Terms: Cash Back for subscriptions will be available only on the first order.).  Just offering this in case anything thinks it can be used more than once (unless you use different email addresses, I imagine).

I caved in, I'm liking everything in the box but I just bought the box, I plan on buying the year one beginning of next year though hopefully there's a similar deal then. 

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I checked eBates - and it looks like is $2.75 back but only on the first time you use it (note: Special Terms: Cash Back for subscriptions will be available only on the first order.).  Just offering this in case anything thinks it can be used more than once (unless you use different email addresses, I imagine).

I thought I read someone on here cancels and re-subscribes every month and uses ebates when she re-subs every time. Maybe I read that wrong, though.

Quote: Originally Posted by susanleia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought I read someone on here cancels and re-subscribes every month and uses ebates when she re-subs every time. Maybe I read that wrong, though.
Oh, maybe.  Or maybe they just started that policy.  I'm not sure.  It's currently on the site.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Soooo temping.  Ugh.  I only really want the butter London though.  Hmmm.
you can always give the other items as gifts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, this is true, but I'm still on the fence.  Looking at it, I'm thinking, "all I want is the Butter London", but I get the feeling that, if I bought it, I'd be too tempted to play with everything in the box.  Hahaha.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sakura83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those who wish to visually see what's all included 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm curious what BL shades are included.  I'm thinking I might just take $50 and use it towards purchasing the items I want from this box vs buying the entire box, since 3-4 of these items would end up on my trade list.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Sakura83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those who wish to visually see what's all included 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thank you! I'm glad there's a picture. I was having a bit of buyer's remorse after purchasing it yesterday morning, but now that I see everything, I'm really excited to get it and will definitely be using all of it.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you! I'm glad there's a picture. I was having a bit of buyer's remorse after purchasing it yesterday morning, but now that I see everything, I'm really excited to get it and will definitely be using all of it.
Your welcome, I definitely will be using all of it. I'm glad the color of the lip products are to my liking as well. I also researched all the products before I bought it, the BL, KORA, and SO Susan was more than enough for me to decide to purchase it. Because I'm into skincare products I was happy to see KORA especially as one of the items since they're so expensive and I've been wanting to sample it. Their gift sets are beautiful on their website!

I wasn't sure about this one. When I missed out on the Britain box I was so upset, but when I saw what was in it I wasn't so upset anymore. I think I will love everything in this box, especially the mask, and probably put the liner up for trade.

I purchased the German version yesterday:

1450104_549633185112361_310361710_n.jpg

I wonder if these are also the BL shades being sent in the US.

Ooohh! I like how the German box looks!
Me too! if the BL is any one of those shades, I'd be happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooohh! I like how the German box looks!
Is it wrong that was one of the main reasons why I ordered? im such  a sucker for cute packaging.

Back