Glossybox - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Loladevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Argghh, I'm hoping Glossybox is late in running through the charge this month, I was double charged on my latest Sephora order and waiting for the bank to credit my account, I'm afraid there won't be any money if Glossybox puts it through in the next few days
icon_cry.gif
I'm hoping for the same, lol...had an unexpected expense, I hope they wait til at least the 16th to charge!

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol  I made my husband try mine because it was too rough for me. He really likes to exfoliate. He loved it! 
I was reading your blog and had to purchase the myhd Salon Professional color remover. Thanks for the recommendation!!! My ends are like yours was before you used it.

I used my enzyme peel thing from last month and wasn't too impressed....was that just me? Maybe I was using it wrong (maybe i used too thin layer? ehh.....). But I liked the lipstick! and I got the blush which is really pretty, but haven't used it yet haha. 

I think this month I'm getting the R29 deal? If I get another Missha BB cream in #23......I might cry lol 

Originally Posted by nkjm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used my enzyme peel thing from last month and wasn't too impressed....was that just me? Maybe I was using it wrong (maybe i used too thin layer? ehh.....). But I liked the lipstick! and I got the blush which is really pretty, but haven't used it yet haha. 

I think this month I'm getting the R29 deal? If I get another Missha BB cream in #23......I might cry lol 
I was supposed to get the blush but it was missing from my box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Really want to try it, because I adore the Kryolan lipstick we got a couple of months ago! Still trying to get ahold of CS, but I've been patient because of hurricane issues.

I hope some of us that did not get the blush in October have a chance for it this month!  It looked really pretty!  

I've missed out on blush, mascara and eyeshadow... they never seem to give repeats of things we would want.

Maybe with the holidays coming around they will be feeling generous!  Here's to hoping!

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've missed out on blush, mascara and eyeshadow... they never seem to give repeats of things we would want.

I really liked the enzyme peel, and I'm trying to find something like it but cheaper. If anyone knows something give me the heads up!

I'm so excited about this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best month out of the whole in my opinion!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really liked the enzyme peel, and I'm trying to find something like it but cheaper. If anyone knows something give me the heads up!
I didn't get one, but what did you like about it?

I'm not sure how the prices compare, but the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel is similar (works better in my opinion) and though it's not the same thing, I get the same results (lots of dead skin to work off, super smooth skin) from Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by pride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get one, but what did you like about it?
I think it was an either or item. Some people got the Pedix Heel Balm or the enzyme peel. I loved how it sloughed off a bunch of skin! It was gentle gel formula and you let it sit then rub in circles and I had little chunks of dead skin coming off! My face felt so smooth after!

I couldn't tell if it was the dead skin rubbing off, or if it was the peel itself hardening and then rubbing off in little balls....that's why I felt the peel wasn't really great for me, bc I didn't see any actual results after I used it haha

Was it ever confirmed that those of us who ordered the R29 promo would get the box that R29 showed on their blog?  It has a dupe of the Missha BB cream.

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was it ever confirmed that those of us who ordered the R29 promo would get the box that R29 showed on their blog?  It has a dupe of the Missha BB cream.
Yeah - I can't remember if it was in this thread or last month's, but GB said that it would be the only repeat item for those getting the R29 boxes. I updated my profile in hopes of receiving a different color lol.

Originally Posted by nkjm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I couldn't tell if it was the dead skin rubbing off, or if it was the peel itself hardening and then rubbing off in little balls....that's why I felt the peel wasn't really great for me, bc I didn't see any actual results after I used it haha
I don't think it was the peel hardening because I used it three times and the first time I got the chunks but not the other two times. I think it was because I was using it daily and there wasn't time for dead skin to build up!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah - I can't remember if it was in this thread or last month's, but GB said that it would be the only repeat item for those getting the R29 boxes. I updated my profile in hopes of receiving a different color lol.
Thanks.  GB actually picked the right shade for me so I hope my luck holds for Nov!

I think it was an either or item. Some people got the Pedix Heel Balm or the enzyme peel. I loved how it sloughed off a bunch of skin! It was gentle gel formula and you let it sit then rub in circles and I had little chunks of dead skin coming off! My face felt so smooth after!
Then I do have a suggestion! I know tons of people swear by the Cure Natural Aqua Gel. You can get it on ebay. Missha has something that's supposed to be similar which I've actually tried and liked while I used it (I stopped using it when I switched to glycolic peels instead). http://www.misshaus.com/ctrl.php?page=mainProductDetail&p_code=MSMS2076&ctg=BEA

That type of peel is popular in Asia. I have been using them for a long time. When you have dead skin it causes the product to roll up in small rubber-like balls to grab the dead skin. So technically it is the product, however it does contain picked up dead skin. Once you've gotten all the dead skin off the product will not roll up anymore. I order mine directly from Japan. I know it's the product because I have brown skin and the residue is very light, almost white.

Back