Glossybox - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this! I emailed them to ask for a sample and they are sending me one! Can't wait to try it!

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that the same as the Skin79 Crystal Peeling Gel?
Oh!!!! This is one I've been wanting to try and couldn't remember the name!

Originally Posted by vugrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for this! I emailed them to ask for a sample and they are sending me one! Can't wait to try it!
I tried emailing and haven't gotten a response. What email address did you use?

This will be my first month with them! Super excited...does anyone know when they will start shipping or when they usually do.
I know there will be a delay since what happened.

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so excited about this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best month out of the whole in my opinion!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!
Have you seen spoilers for this month?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you seen spoilers for this month?
NOPE!!!!! I'm just biased because I love November in general LOLLLLLL

Is anyone else out there having trouble communicating with Glossybox?  Here is my situation:  I joined when they first started up, but for various reasons, quit after 2 or 3 boxes.  Well, I used those pretty pink boxes to make lipstick holders.  I have too many lip products (LOL) so I really need another holder.  Since I've already invested time and energy making the first ones, I want to make another 1 or 2 lipstick holders to match and give my collection room to grow.  So, I wanted another Glossybox more for the box itself than for the products inside.  For the $21 price tag, I just didn't want to sign back up again only for a pink box.

However, last month I got an email with a $5 off coupon.  I figured this was my chance.  September's box looked pretty good.  I wasn't sure if I could sign up in time to get October or if I'd have to wait for November, but I decided to take advantage of the deal.  My thinking was that I would get the actual boxes I needed and in the mean time I could give Glossybox another chance to wow me with the products inside.  If I loved them, I'd stay subscribed.  If I wasn't impressed, I could quit again after only 2-3 months.  No big deal.

So I went online, signed back up with a credit card, and hit the send button almost as soon as I got the email.  The website looked like it didn't process my payment, so I hit send again.  It still didn't look like it went through, but I didn't want to risk hitting send a 3rd time.  If the charges had processed, double charging would be bad enough, but triple charging would be way too much.  I immediately emailed Glossybox to confirm they had me signed up again to receive a box.  A few days later, Hurricane Sandy hit.  I live 10 miles away from where it made land and I live on a bay.  We were without internet access until yesterday.  I checked my email and did not see a response from Glossy, but there were so many messages to catch up on that I could have missed something.  I am wondering if they were hit by the storm as hard or harder than I was.  I can wait on a response, but I am upset that by now the $5 off offer has expired.  If they won't honor it due to my extenuating circumstances, then I'll probably let the whole thing go and not sign up again anyway.

Sorry.  I know this post was a bit lengthy.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Anyone out there who ran into similar issues?  Did Glossybox handle you the right way?  Thanks!

Glossy box was definitely in the storms path so I would hang in there. I'm sure they were without Internet and are probably slowly getting to all the emails they missed. They did say shipping would be affected in that email.

YES. I am currently so frustrated I could scream. I've been trying to contact them about a missing item for 2 weeks. I've been patient because of Sandy, but it has been 2 weeks since my first email, I've now sent 3 AND the twitter account had me send them my email and assured me that they'd be in contact, nope. Very irritating. And calling is really not an option for me, I have severe phone anxiety nearly to the point of a phobia and using the phone is difficult and I can only do it in emergencies. IRRITATED. They've had no problem sending their "SIGN UP!" emails about 3 times since then, so I know they've had their internet back...

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure how the prices compare, but the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel is similar (works better in my opinion) and though it's not the same thing, I get the same results (lots of dead skin to work off, super smooth skin) from Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have been hearing a lot about that soap. I just ordered some.

I just caved and signed up for Glossybox!  So now I sub to Glossybox, Ipsy, Sample Society and 2 Birchboxes.  I really love Birchbox, but am thinking of canceling one of my accounts. 

A couple of questions about Glossybox:  Do they have sneak peeks or spoilers?  How do the sample sizes compare to other beauty subscriptions? 

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just caved and signed up for Glossybox!  So now I sub to Glossybox, Ipsy, Sample Society and 2 Birchboxes.  I really love Birchbox, but am thinking of canceling one of my accounts. 

A couple of questions about Glossybox:  Do they have sneak peeks or spoilers?  How do the sample sizes compare to other beauty subscriptions? 
Ive never gotten a sneak peak or spoiler, the box comes and then the site updates to show what i got.

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They don't usually post spoilers. And the sample sizes in general are much larger. There is at least one full sized product per box, and so far I've received at least one makeup item per box. Their customer service leaves a bit to be desired, but the products themselves are amazing.

Every now and then they'll throw us a spoiler. Most recently it was the Illamasqua polish. They showed a picture with all the products they had given out up to date and the illamasqua was hidden in there. It's pretty rare though.

Got my order confirmation from my R29 account but nothing for my regular one. I wonder when they will send out shipping notices... 

I received my order confirmation today and have a question for you guys, lol. It is my last month and I want to renew for another 3 moths. Does anyone know of any codes for a free month if you purchase 3? Thank you!

^ my subscription is over this month too, I hope there's some kind of code worth using this month!

Originally Posted by pride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^ my subscription is over this month too, I hope there's some kind of code worth using this month!
I just signed up this month and there was a code "LUXE" for a free luxury soap...not a deal on the price of the boxes but might be an option if there are no money saving codes.

Here's the month that I hope the fact I took advantage of the R29 deal doesn't bite me in the butt.  I'm hoping for no box envy.  At lest if I get a repeat of the bb cream, I've found that I made great use of the lighter shade by selectively blending with a darker concealer and/or applying in areas I want highlighted.  I feel pretty confident I can make use of darker shades in opposite ways--or by blending it with my lighter shade.

Since this deal is coming to a close, does anyone know if there are any other offers to get somewhat of a discount to continue my subscription? I guess there was a $5 off deal or something for a litte while?  Anything else lately?

Back