Glossybox - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping I chose we'll in choosing not to get the r29 deal. I love makeup samples much more than skin care. I guess we'll all find out soon!

I checked on their facebook page and have seen a lot of posts about manicures and nail polishes....maybe we have another nail polish in our future? I am a little nail polished out between birchbox, the newest glambag, and my GB from August. I also bought the whole line of the limited edition e.l.f. colors from Target a while back, so...yeah. I must admit though, they are good at keeping their secrets. 
kopfkratz.gif

I like that they keep it quite, the only battle is not coming here for spoilers. I like to be surprised and NEVER keep it that way with BirchBox and Ipsy usually shows you what's in the next bag before we even get this months bag. Ok, maybe that is a bit over doing it but I like GB's don't show.

I got my mom a BB subscription for mothers day and it is up so I got her a GB sub for Christmas. She loves the skincare part of BB but wanted her to have larger sizes so hopefully GB is good for her. I have been a member since the beginning and love it, hope November is no exception! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like that they keep it quite, the only battle is not coming here for spoilers. I like to be surprised and NEVER keep it that way with BirchBox and Ipsy usually shows you what's in the next bag before we even get this months bag. Ok, maybe that is a bit over doing it but I like GB's don't show.

I got my mom a BB subscription for mothers day and it is up so I got her a GB sub for Christmas. She loves the skincare part of BB but wanted her to have larger sizes so hopefully GB is good for her. I have been a member since the beginning and love it, hope November is no exception! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree that it's quite nice to have a little surprise each month. Ipsy just comes out with it and that's fine because it really gets people to sign up. GB is by far my favorite sub and I look forward to it always. It's hard to call their products samples because they are so BIG and lots of full sizes.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree that it's quite nice to have a little surprise each month. Ipsy just comes out with it and that's fine because it really gets people to sign up. GB is by far my favorite sub and I look forward to it always. It's hard to call their products samples because they are so BIG and lots of full sizes.
Agreed GB is my favorite too!

What is the R29 deal I keep seeing mentioned? 

Sorry, I just signed up a few weeks ago and am patiently waiting to see what all this fuss is about!! 
biggrin.gif

Anyone been charged yet for the november box? I feel like we should have been charged like last week?

Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is the R29 deal I keep seeing mentioned? 

Sorry, I just signed up a few weeks ago and am patiently waiting to see what all this fuss is about!! 
biggrin.gif
It's from a website called Refinery29, and they featured Glossybox as a one-time deal where you got 3 months for $60 with allegedly a special bonus full sized item (although that is an ambiguous statement as you generally get a full sized item anyway).  You could combine that offer with a coupon to get another $10 off, so I opted for it since I might as well save a few bucks and get what I presumed would be virtually the same product.  When they were promoting it, they told the contents of the November bag, but oddly one of the main items, Missha BB cream was in the September bag.  There's been some confusion as to how different these November bags are going to be, and I believe we heard somewhere that we were getting another Missha.  Who knows, though?  This is the last month of the three month subscription and is supposed to have pretty specific contents.  I presumed that it would be the same for everyone this month regardless because it made it easier on them, but not if they are going to irritate people by sending out a dupe of an item. 

Anyway, I hope you get a good first box that you enjoy.  I have found this to be a really fun service & I've enjoyed my boxes.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any chance this is November's theme? (from their Facebook) I would looooove this!

Possibly!

There is an extra week in November.

We may get charged by the end of this week and shipments should go out by next week...

I would love love love that Red Lipstick! No more lipgloss! lol

The red lipstick in that pic would be amazing! Does anyone know of a current promo code for GB? My sub is up after this month and I was hoping to find another 3 month code.

Has anyone gotten any correspondence from GB recently?

They haven't answered any of my emails for weeks. I know they were affected by Sandy, but are they up and running now?

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone gotten any correspondence from GB recently?

They haven't answered any of my emails for weeks. I know they were affected by Sandy, but are they up and running now?
Yes, I talked to them today.  Even before Sandy, they were never very timely with emails.  I always found it more effective to call.

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I talked to them today.  Even before Sandy, they were never very timely with emails.  I always found it more effective to call.
Thanks for the tip. I actually did try to call them in the past and no one ever picked up. Will try again.

Hope your ITKIT got to you already and you are glad you caved. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the tip. I actually did try to call them in the past and no one ever picked up. Will try again.

Hope your ITKIT got to you already and you are glad you caved. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Received my ITKIT--I love love love samples.  Why deny myself the little pleasures, right? 

Back