GlossyBox - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi CindyLou, I have #13 and it is way to light for me. Happy to trade with you. PLeas elet me know.

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere in this thread, but going through 16 pages worth of comments is a little daunting. Does anyone know the purpose of the profile? I understand they have thousands of subscriptions to send, but what is the point of asking your skin tone if they are not going to send a shade that will work for you? I have a light skin tone and would need #13 in the BB Cream, but they sent me #31, which is the darkest (I think). I've been reading a lot of other comments who had the same problem.

I subbed really late in the month - I've started thinking that has something to do with the skin color and shade discrepancy. It seems more of the issues started appearing with the later posters.

Still no box for me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I feel like they should have idk...sent it express or something if they "forgot" to send me a box. I mean REALLY. ugh.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still no box for me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I feel like they should have idk...sent it express or something if they "forgot" to send me a box. I mean REALLY. ugh.
FWIW, you're not the only one...

The expected delivery date is 10/05-10/09.  Sigh.  

Every single box has arrived the following month for me, and the last two have been shipped SUPER late.  Thank goodness their products have been awesome lately...it makes up for the piss poor shipping method.

I don't know if many people noticed but the boxes with the mattifying gel were shipped with ORM-D labelling and had to go by ground shipping (and therefore took extra long, just like the boxes with the nailpolish last month). I don't know if they treated the boxes with the cleansing water differently or not.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FWIW, you're not the only one...

The expected delivery date is 10/05-10/09.  Sigh.  

Every single box has arrived the following month for me, and the last two have been shipped SUPER late.  Thank goodness their products have been awesome lately...it makes up for the piss poor shipping method.
Well the thing that sucks is they legitimately did forget to send me my box...its not the shipping. I live 4 hours from NYC in a major metropolitan area, my box has always made it in 5 days or less...I haven't even received a tracking number...and they didn't provide me one when I emailed them.

It sucks that your box takes so long too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Why...that's all I want to know. I know how newgistics works but for 21 dollars...switch shipping companies.

October is the last month in my three month sub (which was the..3rd chance I've given glossybox to get things right) and it will be my last. If only someone could nail down the samples of glossybox with the shipping of sample society, that would be my ideal sub and i'd pay 30 dollars for that box, lol.

Well the thing that sucks is they legitimately did forget to send me my box...its not the shipping. I live 4 hours from NYC in a major metropolitan area, my box has always made it in 5 days or less...I haven't even received a tracking number...and they didn't provide me one when I emailed them.

It sucks that your box takes so long too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Why...that's all I want to know. I know how newgistics works but for 21 dollars...switch shipping companies.

October is the last month in my three month sub (which was the..3rd chance I've given glossybox to get things right) and it will be my last. If only someone could nail down the samples of glossybox with the shipping of sample society, that would be my ideal sub and i'd pay 30 dollars for that box, lol.
They forgot to send mind too - not sure why but this was month #1 of a 3 month sub (R29).  

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They forgot to send mind too - not sure why but this was month #1 of a 3 month sub (R29).  
Hmm I wonder if it has something to do with their system not pulling the non-monthly subscribers. I'm not R29, but I do have a 3 month sub. Seriously glossybox get your shit together. I kind of find that to be unacceptable...we've ALREADY given them 50+ dollars...and they forget about us? 

Jenna-

Did they admit they forgot it? A database issue you think?

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jenna-

Did they admit they forgot it? A database issue you think?
Well they said: 

Quote: There was an error with the processing of your order, we will ship you box via FedEx tomorrow.

Which since I placed my order for 3 months in August and the payment went through fine, and I received the August box, there really wasn't any processing left other than to pull those of us with a 3 month sub that fell in the month of September, and those parameters shouldn't be hard to get out of a database, but based on the database we use at work I can see how easy it would be to forget to include those who's three months started in July, August, and September. So while its mostly an assumption, thats the only reason I can come to.

I use one too, so that is why I figured someone made an extremely careless error and did not do due diligence by checking their work

Well they said: 

Which since I placed my order for 3 months in August and the payment went through fine, and I received the August box, there really wasn't any processing left other than to pull those of us with a 3 month sub that fell in the month of September, and those parameters shouldn't be hard to get out of a database, but based on the database we use at work I can see how easy it would be to forget to include those who's three months started in July, August, and September. So while its mostly an assumption, thats the only reason I can come to.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use one too, so that is why I figured someone made an extremely careless error and did not do due diligence by checking their work
Yup, I agree. Its not that hard to pull a report, but if you don't set up something accurately, that report won't work. Of course, if there database is anything like the one I use (personify) its possible it wasn't human error, lol. 

Probably shouldn't copy/paste the email, but GB CS said I should be able to use the wrong foundation color as a bronzer, so the DO think I should rock it like Snooki.  suuuuure.   But, as per, I called and got a much better response.  I've already traded for the correct shade so I'm not even bothered about exchanging anymore, but I'm really concerned that this keeps happening.  And they keep saying they're matching to my profile, so I called to just see if I'm seeing a different profile on my end than they are on theirs.  She suggested I fill it out again, and whatever.  And you do need to re-do a separate profile if you signed up under the R29 deal.  

Just got an email from Glossybox. This is what will be in the November box, in case anyone wants to sign up in time to get it. Missha BB Cream Phyto Phytonectar Oil (this has been previously sent out by Sample Society) vbeaute Rub-Off Gentle Facial Exfoliator Lierac Creme Mesolift Moisturizer Rosebud Lip Balm  
So I signed up for the R29 special as well, but got the misha BB cream in the sept box. Does that mean we're getting it twice?

Does anyone know where I can buy the shampoo/conditioner ?  My hair has never been less frizzy with no product in it. 

-edit Nevermind, found it!

This is my first glossy box, and I am pretty disappointed with it.

For the bb cream, I have actually used it a year ago, and I do love it, however, I got the shade #31 which is the darkest shade... but i am actually a light - medium skin person, usually #23 fits me the best.: (

Anyone got the 23/21 would like to trade to 31 with me? ;(

I was one of The Forgotten this month, and I had emailed them to see WTF was up.

The email response I got today said:

"Dear Victoria,

Thank you for your email. The September box is sold out, however, you are still in line to receive an October box which will bill next week Monday.

Kind regards,

The GLOSSYBOX team."

Nice of them to tell me that now, but I find it highly interesting that some are getting their box still sent out? Color me confused.

Ah well. They start charging Monday, folks!

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was one of The Forgotten this month, and I had emailed them to see WTF was up.

The email response I got today said:

"Dear Victoria,

Thank you for your email. The September box is sold out, however, you are still in line to receive an October box which will bill next week Monday.

Kind regards,

The GLOSSYBOX team."

Nice of them to tell me that now, but I find it highly interesting that some are getting their box still sent out? Color me confused.

Ah well. They start charging Monday, folks!

Were you charged? I think they are only sending me a box because I'd paid for 3 months and its easier than refunding me. I'd prefer a refund at this point tbh, because I'm convinced they haven't sent anything. They said they'd send it via fed ex on Friday...its Tuesday and I live 4 hours from them. If they'd sent it fedex, it should be here by now.

Were you charged? I think they are only sending me a box because I'd paid for 3 months and its easier than refunding me. I'd prefer a refund at this point tbh, because I'm convinced they haven't sent anything. They said they'd send it via fed ex on Friday...its Tuesday and I live 4 hours from them. If they'd sent it fedex, it should be here by now.
Nope, wasn't charged at all. I notified them through many outlets that I hadn't been charged and wanted to rectify it.

Ah well, everyting happens for a reason. Hopefully I don't get overlooked for October's box.

Latest posts

Back