Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey is there any natural remedy for weight gain. I found weight loss everywhere but not anything for weight gain.

I have stated the honey and cinnamon diet I am 38 yrs old I have been on it for 3 days and have lost 4lbs. The honey is only used as a natural sweetner.

I started this 3 days ago. I'll post my results when my week is over with. I have noticed that I have an increase in energy

I tried this after I got some info on it last year.  I used pure, organic cinnamon and organic unprocessed honey and it did nothing for me but make me sick to my stomach after drinking it.  Maybe that's how you lose weight is by being nauseous, because I was for about 3 hours after each time I drank it.  I tried it for 2 days and then that was enough.

After a lot of Google search I found out many people had tried it and benefited  with Honey and cinnamon.....for their weight loss ......So I have started it as well....lets hope for best result !!!

Yes it works but not exactly for losing a lot of weight. It works like a laxative. It clenses you. I've tried it a few weeks stop then do it again.You must use raw honey though that you can pick up from a health food store. Some cinnamons work better too.

honey is a natural sweetener and is better for you than sugar. it helps boost your metabolism because of this whole thing about balanced fructose and glucose levels or something??...and actually if you do drink honey and cinnamon before breakfast and before bed it helps burn a little amount of fat and keeps new fat from staying in your body. PLUS you get full faster than before....or i did anyway. so it may or may not help with your weightloss...but for me it did :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cinnamon is supposed to help boost how insulin works in sugars to turn it into energy instead of fat.  Honey is supposed to be all around good for you as it has antibiotic properties and it never goes bad. 

Honey is essentially sugar - fructose and glucose. One tablespoon gives you roughly 60 calories. There is no food that gives you calories yet helps you lose weight. It's completely contradictory seeing as losing weight simply means expending more calories than you consume. Therefore why consume those 60 unnecessary calories? It's true that certain foods are better for your health, but in the end, calories are still calories.

Hi All,

I have tried and agree with Sugandha that lemon with warm water and honey

helps to reduce weight.  Yes it is healthy too.

SKH Peter

Honey is essentially sugar - fructose and glucose. One tablespoon gives you roughly 60 calories. There is no food that gives you calories yet helps you lose weight. It's completely contradictory seeing as losing weight simply means expending more calories than you consume. Therefore why consume those 60 unnecessary calories? It's true that certain foods are better for your health, but in the end, calories are still calories.
True on this item but the logic is not 100% correct. There are food that are negative calorie food which means it takes more energy to chew, swallow, digest and pass these foods than the calories contained in them. Celery is one as well as cabbage. 19 calories in a cup of celery but it takes more energy to wash, cut, chew, swallow, digest and eliminate celery than 19 calories.

WEIGHT LOSS: Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet. The formula for honey and cinnamon for weight loss is ubiquitous. 1. Use honey and cinnamon in a 1:2 ratio (one part cinnamon, two parts honey) 2. Put the cinnamon in a cup or bowl. 3. Boil one cup of water. 4. Pour water over the cinnamon and let it steep for 30 minutes. 5. Once the liquid has cooled, add honey. Always add honey to the cooled liquid – hot liquid will destroy the enzymes in the raw honey. 6. Drink half of the resulting “tea†before going to bed. Cover and refrigerate the rest. 7. Drink the other half first thing in the morning. 8. Do not add anything to the recipe. Only drink on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning and right before bed. Typical claims of benefits that you will find for drinking this concoction include: 1. Inches will be lost before you will notice the scale creeping downward. 2. The cinnamon and honey cleanses parasites, fungus and bacteria out of the digestive tract. 3. You may experience side effects due to the release of toxicity. 4. You may experience increased energy, better sex drive and a better mood. 5. The formula will block your body from gaining fat.

In August of last year my doctor doubled all my meds do to uncontroled sugars 19.5) for the the three month average, high colesteral (7.8) and high bloob pressure 150/99. I started meds but had to add tums to my to the list cause the meds were up setting.

November I made a dission to make a change to start over back to the beginning.( think of what our body was ment to do is burn fat and protein as a new born,the damage is made slowly when we are off moms milk and have added treats)High fat and protein no carbs but lunch and dinner a hand full of spring mix with what ever meat,cheese and fish with creamy ceaser dressing,(no fruit,carrots, potatoes breads)...

It was not easy through thanksgiving when i started at 278 lbs but after 2 weeks of comitment i could feel the changes and was able to add more carbs to the diet so I added a fruit a day and worked up to a smoothie after two weeks of that with all the protien.

Back to the docs I go found I lost 25 lbs and when the test came back I was out of town at the time working so bye the 15th of december,I found out three month average changed to 7.2 (no longer in need of meds if kept up)colesteral down 1 point ande blood pressure at 135/90 not perfect but it took 50 years to get there took just over a month to turn it around,Doc told me should keep up on blood pressure pill and crestor but told him I through all pills away when i started this program.

Two weeks ago started with 2 table spoons of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon and can not beleive the energy and whit but have to wait till march for next blood test for collestrol check but with honey and cinnamon did not change sugars and blood pressure is now 128/84 AND I AM FEELING GREAT,@236lbs.today is Jan/27/13 so all that in less then 3 Months but still saying away from sugar and flower products and can goods as much as I can cause of salt and sugars,

Take control of yourself and if You want to join any program like weight watchers or atkins or some other magic program you still have yourself to make the choice,I made my own soups and salads till my wife started to see what was happening and has started build dinners around the change no flour and sugars,

Ho yeah oney is NOT just sugar but without the honey   

Thanks from the not so BIG BUBBA LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I just started the cinnamon/honey drink last night. It was hard to drink it all but i drank half last night and the other half this morning. Im hoping I can stick to this for at least two weeks to see how much I can lose! Tonight im making it using half cinnamon instead of 1 whole tsp and 1 tsp of honey instead of two. hope its easier to drink lol! good luck to everyone!! Ill try to post results after my first week!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Girls, trust me cinnamon and honey is NOT the healthy weight loss, even if you'd lose anything due to not eating much else - the weight would go right back as soon as you eat just a little more. 

Originally Posted by geradarys /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Girls, trust me cinnamon and honey is NOT the healthy weight loss, even if you'd lose anything due to not eating much else - the weight would go right back as soon as you eat just a little more. 
lol, its not like we are ONLY drinking this!! I have been doing this since Monday and i only drink half of a cup of this mixture once when I wake up and right before bed. During the day im doing the special K challenge (cereal for breakfast and lunch, snacks in between, and a healthy dinner) and I have lost 3.4lbs already!! This mixture gives you energy and its more like a cleanse than anything. I feel a LOT less bloated...and i feel GREAT!! I dont like the taste of it in the morning...just because it taste to much like cinnamon, BUT im still doing it!! Cinnamon and honey have been proven to healthy for you for many reasons.

In short, this only helps you to start to lose...by cleaning you out! Gives you energy! You lose inches mainly but most usually lose lbs too. I plan on doing this for 2 weeks, along with the special K challenge and at least 30 of either walking or workouts. Then when I hit a plateau I will do this mixture for a week. Good luck to those who arent afraid to try something new! To those who dont know what they are talking about...do your research!! I have!!

Originally Posted by Iconoclast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This mixture calls for one tsp of honey...not a tablespoon...so thats 22 calories and you only drink half at a time..so thats only 11 calories!!!

Ladies, just want to update you all. As you read above, I have been doing this mixture for a few days now and after weighing myself yesterday I have lost 3.4lbs!! I do have more energy and I ended up working out yesterday AND walked 2 miles! (that's big for me...haven't walked in FOREVER or worked out for that matter!) I post again later this week to update again...I also took my measurements last night bc Im more interested in losing inches than lbs!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back