Inner Circle?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get excited, girls! just got mine, and it's awesome!! by my calculation, it's worth about $95, including a few full-size products. LOVE!

I calculated the same price (in CAD, at least). There's a body lotion (deluxe size), eyeliner (full size), creme eyeshadow/highlighter (full size), body oil (sample size), blotting papers (full size, 100sheets), and "flower essence mists". I just spent an entire hour writing about how much I hate the mists. Everything else is decent to great (I especially like the eyeliner and eyeshadow.

If you're wondering why I hate the mists, it's a really long post... but just to warn you, the first ingredients in mine are lime essential oil, which oxidizes in reaction to light and air exposure. This oxidation can be harmful to the skin and can cause allergic reactions (subtle to severe) in some people. The pH in the mists is likely not balanced -- it's just more essential oils and "flower essence", which is literally just flower material diluted in water -- to be correct for skin, either. I highly warn against using them on the face.

Don't believe what the advertising tells you, because mists will not in any way magically cause you to be more inspired, energized, or more able to attract love -- I'm not kidding, the company that makes these mists is literally trying to sell you a mist that will make you more attractive. It's not even pheromones, it's just rose, mandarin, and honey. And they're selling 50mL of this stuff for $40. It makes me absolutely furious.

I don't mean to offend anyone who enjoys aromatherapy, but any casual aromatherapy fan should be offended by the claims Lotus Wei makes on their website and card.

/rantrantrant

Did you get the full set of Lotus Wei mists? I love those and am jealous. I spray them on top of clothes of course... Isn't there a warning about no contact with ski on them? I have never worried about the claims for inner peace or whatever, I just like the smell of them. I got the full set back in the first ever Yuzen box long ago. I have a trade list in my signature if you really want to unload them.

What an awesome box this month!! I'l say that Lotus Wei mists are different than the Body Deli mist from last month -- they are NOT meant for your face, and are purely for the aromatherapy benefit. Whether or not that benefit is worth what they charge is one thing, of course, but they certainly aren't marketing face mists, just an aromatherapy product.  Your instinct that it would be bad to spray them on your face is correct....

I just got little 10mL samples of Inspired Action and Joy Juice. I will probably use them for other purposes, like on clothes as you said. Their website says "USE: Mist above and around your face and shoulders." So I mean, clearly the mist will still get on your face/skin. Their serums have citrus essential oils as the third ingredients, and those are definitely meant to go on the face. :/ I couldn't personally find any warnings about that on their website. I do agree that the scents are nice, though.

the little card that comes with the mists says to "mist and inhale." this is my first experience with them, and i never got the impression that they were to be sprayed onto skin, just as a body mist or whatever.

i got 'joy joice' and 'quiet mind' - i'll be using 'quiet mind' as a pillow spray.

i tried the eyeliner today, and it's a beautiful colour, but i found it has zero staying power. i generally have a hard time finding eyeliners that stay anyway, so it could just be me... but i wasn't too impressed. i'll still wear it on the lower lash line, though - it doesn't smudge everywhere at least, it just kinda disappears.

I loved how the eyeliner swatched, but for the life of me it didn't really show on my eyelid? I don't know if that makes sense, but unless I went over my eyelid about a million times, I could barely see a difference. Maybe its just because I already have brown eyelashes? I agree that it doesn't smudge everywhere, though -- I was trying to wash the swatch off my arm and it didn't smudge at all, just faded away. I really enjoy that (I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes...)

Has anyone tried the rose body oil?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bunbunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're wondering why I hate the mists, it's a really long post... but just to warn you, the first ingredients in mine are lime essential oil, which oxidizes in reaction to light and air exposure. This oxidation can be harmful to the skin and can cause allergic reactions (subtle to severe) in some people. The pH in the mists is likely not balanced -- it's just more essential oils and "flower essence", which is literally just flower material diluted in water -- to be correct for skin, either. I highly warn against using them on the face.

Thanks for the warning. I honestly would have taken the product description as gold :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Can't wait to get a whiff though.. 

I loved how the eyeliner swatched, but for the life of me it didn't really show on my eyelid? I don't know if that makes sense, but unless I went over my eyelid about a million times, I could barely see a difference. Maybe its just because I already have brown eyelashes? I agree that it doesn't smudge everywhere, though -- I was trying to wash the swatch off my arm and it didn't smudge at all, just faded away. I really enjoy that (I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes...)

Oh no! I am really looking forward to this box, especially for the eyeliner and cream shadow. Hopefully i can get it to show on my eyelid :/

Quote: Originally Posted by estefany /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the warning. I honestly would have taken the product description as gold :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Can't wait to get a whiff though.. 

Oh no! I am really looking forward to this box, especially for the eyeliner and cream shadow. Hopefully i can get it to show on my eyelid :/

No problem! They do smell nice and I've been using them as pseudo-perfumes. Also, because they have such high citrus in them, my cat hates them and so I've been spraying the things he's not supposed to touch! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Silver lining to every cloud, right?

I think the eyeliner problem might be more because of me than the eyeliner, I'm a wuss when it comes to things near my eyes. I'm probably not pushing hard enough and so I have to go over my eyelid a bunch...

I just got my first Inner Circle box! I'm so excited. I think I'm going to gift the eyeliner, and the Ocean body cream does smell odd (though it makes my hands very soft). I love the Weleda Rose Oil (I've never tried that before) and I'm excited to try the eyeshadow and blotting papers.

One question: my Joy Juice spritzer isn't working properly--it won't spray and the liquid just dribbles out. Should I contact Customer Service?

The cap is easily removed, you could swap between your other sample's cap and that one (after washing them and spraying plain water out of them for a bit to remove the previous scent). Check the Joy Juice cap to see if the spring is broken or if there's some sort of obstruction. I'm sure if you contact CS, they'll happily send you a new one, but until then there's nothing keeping you from using both! Just with some prep work in between, is all.

Quote: Originally Posted by estefany /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IMO getting it to show shouldn't be a problem. getting it to stay might be a different story, although i might just have oily lids (i've never found an eyeliner that i didn't have problems with).

i'm finding that it lasts longer on my if i use it on the lower lashline/waterline. it won't stay in the waterline too long, but it does cling to the lashes.

No problem! They do smell nice and I've been using them as pseudo-perfumes. Also, because they have such high citrus in them, my cat hates them and so I've been spraying the things he's not supposed to touch! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Silver lining to every cloud, right?

I think the eyeliner problem might be more because of me than the eyeliner, I'm a wuss when it comes to things near my eyes. I'm probably not pushing hard enough and so I have to go over my eyelid a bunch...
I laughed so hard when I read what you originally wrote further up.  They seriously promise you the world in their brochure.  And really?!  "Spray these around your workplace and coworkers" so you won't pick up their tension?! LMAO!!

I got Inner Peace (lavender which I'm allergic to :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> sadly) and Energy which is citrus oils.  Citrus oils tend to aggravate sensitive skin so don't spray this one around your face if you've got sensitive skin.  I don't but after all I've read about how skin reacts to citrus oils, I think I'll leave this for a room spray.  Or maybe my sheets.  It smells fantastic, I readily admit!

Still, I doubt its going to attract love or make it so I don't want to eat and instead encourage me to go on a run.  Sheesh.

Oh, I loved the rest of the box and I was astounded at the value!!  That full size Inika shadow primer is like heaven and outrageously expensive!  Love it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I laughed so hard when I read what you originally wrote further up.  They seriously promise you the world in their brochure.  And really?!  "Spray these around your workplace and coworkers" so you won't pick up their tension?! LMAO!!

I got Inner Peace (lavender which I'm allergic to :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> sadly) and Energy which is citrus oils.  Citrus oils tend to aggravate sensitive skin so don't spray this one around your face if you've got sensitive skin.  I don't but after all I've read about how skin reacts to citrus oils, I think I'll leave this for a room spray.  Or maybe my sheets.  It smells fantastic, I readily admit!

Still, I doubt its going to attract love or make it so I don't want to eat and instead encourage me to go on a run.  Sheesh.

Oh, I loved the rest of the box and I was astounded at the value!!  That full size Inika shadow primer is like heaven and outrageously expensive!  Love it.
The mists promise love? Hmmmmm.. if only.. 

I'm wearing the eyeliner today -- absolutely love it!! But, if you have darker skin or are wearing darker eyeshadow, it won't show. I paired it with a medium, warm gray and it works perfectly with that. So far, it's staying better than most liners on my oily lids, but I'm sure it'll fade soon (that's just par for the course for me!). I also finally tried the Primavera body oil from last month (I always forget to use post-shower things like that...), and it's amazing! My skin is so seriously smooth and hydrated. I know that glass is the preferred "green" container these days, but I will say glass + oil + wet hands scare me. It's only a matter of time before that bottle slips and ruins my evening.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wearing the eyeliner today -- absolutely love it!! But, if you have darker skin or are wearing darker eyeshadow, it won't show. I paired it with a medium, warm gray and it works perfectly with that. So far, it's staying better than most liners on my oily lids, but I'm sure it'll fade soon (that's just par for the course for me!).
I'm also wearing the eyeliner today and I also LOVE IT! I think it's perfect of Spring. The color is not extremely dark. It's a very subtle deep purple. I used it with the cream eye shadow. They make a great pair. 

Hopefully they both last all day. 

Quote: Originally Posted by veritas11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IMO getting it to show shouldn't be a problem. getting it to stay might be a different story, although i might just have oily lids (i've never found an eyeliner that i didn't have problems with).

i'm finding that it lasts longer on my if i use it on the lower lashline/waterline. it won't stay in the waterline too long, but it does cling to the lashes.

Thank you for the advise. I used it on my waterline and lower lash line. Looks great. 

I think I would have loved the eyeliner more if I hadn't just used the butter London one the day before.  Oh, that was heavenly!

I have the plum color of the Vapour and it is basically brown looking and it crumbles and pulls :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Maybe I'm not doing it right.  I'm not a pro with eyeliner, I admit.

Hey everyone! If you didn't get the e-mail, Saffron Rouge is having a huge Earth Day sale from today until Tuesday the 22nd, with hundreds of items for 20% off. This includes most (if not all) of the items from past boxes. This also includes the full Lotus Wei mists if you're a fan but don't want to shell out $40. Plus, free shipping!

One thing I noticed while looking through their items is that they just tend to name things what they are. "Eyeliner" by Living Nature. "100% Argan Oil" by John Masters. I enjoy that because usually it's so hard to understand what things are when they're named "Ultimate Volumizing Mega-Crazy Totally Awesome [...] Mascara", haha. It's very low-key. I appreciate that.

http://www.saffronrouge.com/earth-day-sale

Back