Inner Circle?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two are full sized, one is a sample size. Unfortunately, I don't use two out of three of those products in everyday life. D: I'm sure many people would be happy about it, it's just not for me this month.

Two are full sized, one is a sample size. Unfortunately, I don't use two out of three of those products in everyday life. D: I'm sure many people would be happy about it, it's just not for me this month.
I read your blog and couldn't resist commenting.

What you describe is the reason I don't particularly care for "natural" beauty products.  I like natural but I don't like weird.  And it seems a lot of natural products can go weird really quick.

I'm not sure why, either. Most people will jump on anything natural for the sake of it being natural, no need for ~spiritual vibrations~ or ~balancing your mind energy~, and there are plenty of people who love mists for their scent and not for spiritiual mumbo jumbo. And when you replace your sodium lauryl sulfates, alcohols, etc for huge amounts of citrus oil and other fragrances anyway, what's the point? It's still not good for the skin.

I'm thinking Saffron Rouge really needs to stick to sending us make up instead of skin care. It seems to be much better quality. I'd also love a tool once in a while -- they've got a bunch of konjac sponges, brushes, etc.

yeah i calculated the value to be roughly the same, and was disappointed after the last couple boxes had such great value. hope this is just a once-in-a-while thing, not a sign of the future.

i'm also not into mists for the energy and all kinda stuff. doesn't work for me!

FINALLY! my inner circle box arrived!! and so did my Petit Vour Limited Luxury box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The value is not bothering me as I thought it would. I am definitely excite to try every product in the inner circle box, except for the room spray. 

FINALLY! my inner circle box arrived!! and so did my Petit Vour Limited Luxury box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The value is not bothering me as I thought it would. I am definitely excite to try every product in the inner circle box, except for the room spray. 
me too!!   I really loved my box this month - the spray really isn't for the room - it is a body spray - lol

quick thoughts....

I love the scent - quince, spice and ceder-y.  The cream is nice and lightweight, absorbs into my skin nicely.  The gel will be great now that the temps are heating up - bug bites, sunburn, and zits!!  that is how I know summer is here! haha

And I LOVE the makeup.  milk chocolate matte bronzer sample, the eyeshadow is so beautiful - heathered rose and the lip gloss - love it!  Tastes like chocolate and such a beautiful color!  The makeup all goes nicely together too - I probably will wear the bronzer as an eyeshadow to go with the rose shadow.

saffron-may2.jpg

saffron-may3.jpg

bronzer, eyeshadow, lipgloss

Last edited by a moderator:
me too!!   I really loved my box this month - the spray really isn't for the room - it is a body spray - lol

quick thoughts....

I love the scent - quince, spice and ceder-y.  The cream is nice and lightweight, absorbs into my skin nicely.  The gel will be great now that the temps are heating up - bug bites, sunburn, and zits!!  that is how I know summer is here! haha

And I LOVE the makeup.  milk chocolate matte bronzer sample, the eyeshadow is so beautiful - heathered rose and the lip gloss - love it!  Tastes like chocolate and such a beautiful color!  The makeup all goes nicely together too - I probably will wear the bronzer as an eyeshadow to go with the rose shadow.

saffron-may2.jpg

saffron-may3.jpg

bronzer, eyeshadow, lipgloss
I agree! Yummy lip gloss :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

everything is perfect for this time of the year

I did like the lip gloss!  The eyeshadow is a beautiful color, mine was Hellebore.  The bronzer came in Medium for me and I'm so fair it's too dark on me.

The steam room body mist makes my throat itch so that goes up for swaps.

I am totally interested in using that gel after I've been in the sun or for bug bites!

This box was sadly not very thrilling for me.  I just don't care about organics enough to make this worth it for me.  I wanted to try it out and see if I would like it and discovered that it's just not the box for me so I cancelled.

My wishes for Saffron Rouge:

-konjac sponges. I already have one, but they're only just starting to get popular and I want everyone to know about them, because they're fantastic! Just one, in one box, would be great.

-decent sized creams/night creams -- at least an ounce, please? Something I can use for more than a week, so I can see if it actually does something?

-deodorant! They seem to have a big collection of natural deodorants that are aluminum free and I'd love to try one.

-on that note, they've got various natural toothpastes that sound interesting... probably not something that would go into a beauty box, though.

-something hair related -- they have tons of natural shampoos, conditioners, and leave in treatments that sound right up my alley

-make up -- though the last three months have given almost one of every typical make up product (highlighter, bronzer, lip gloss, mascara, eye liner, eye shadow), so I'm not sure what they could put in next. Maybe a blush or foundation?

Just... no more mists, please. I'm so tired of mists.

My wishes for Saffron Rouge:

-konjac sponges. I already have one, but they're only just starting to get popular and I want everyone to know about them, because they're fantastic! Just one, in one box, would be great.

-decent sized creams/night creams -- at least an ounce, please? Something I can use for more than a week, so I can see if it actually does something?

-deodorant! They seem to have a big collection of natural deodorants that are aluminum free and I'd love to try one.

-on that note, they've got various natural toothpastes that sound interesting... probably not something that would go into a beauty box, though.

-something hair related -- they have tons of natural shampoos, conditioners, and leave in treatments that sound right up my alley

-make up -- though the last three months have given almost one of every typical make up product (highlighter, bronzer, lip gloss, mascara, eye liner, eye shadow), so I'm not sure what they could put in next. Maybe a blush or foundation?

Just... no more mists, please. I'm so tired of mists.
great list!! I would think if it is their online shop, they could offer it in a box....

You should post that on their face book and message them - heck, if you don't mind, I will do it too!!

I did like the lip gloss!  The eyeshadow is a beautiful color, mine was Hellebore.  The bronzer came in Medium for me and I'm so fair it's too dark on me.

The steam room body mist makes my throat itch so that goes up for swaps.

I am totally interested in using that gel after I've been in the sun or for bug bites!

This box was sadly not very thrilling for me.  I just don't care about organics enough to make this worth it for me.  I wanted to try it out and see if I would like it and discovered that it's just not the box for me so I cancelled.
I used the bronzer as an eyeshadow - I got the medium as well and blended out, it is a pale milk chocolate (at least on my skin tone)

This is my 2nd month of Inner Circle, and I love the lip gloss (especially the chocolate scent!) and the eyeshadow, but I'm also disappointed in the small sizes of the other products. I'm thinking of canceling because the $25 price is so high. For the same price I could get both Petit Vour (which I might try) AND Ipsy (I'm finally off the wait list). Or I could save 2 months of this box price and do a $50 order at Sephora. Still trying to decide!

Well...it is a sampling service....I don't mind the sizes, because if it doesn't work out for me, then I don't feel bad tossing a deluxe size out.

if they put bigger sizes in there, there will be less to sample - the cooling gel (which I love) is almost 65.00 for a full size.

I hear what you are saying - if you feel the value isn't there for you, yes, it is better to try something else.  But eco-friendly products are more expensive right now.  I got the jersey shore sunscreen sample in my ipsy bag and it was 1/2 the size of the hang ten sunscreen that was the other option. 

The monetary value is definitely on-point. This was the lowest value box in a while, and it was still double the cost. Whether or not the actual value is worth it is up to you, though I do think you should give it one more month! Other than the three mists in two boxes, they do tend to have a good rotation of make-up going on. Some boxes are also larger than others -- last month they had a rather large body lotion (I think 3oz). The month prior to that they had a decent deluxe sample size of body oil, which I've still yet to use up.

i could understand cancelling if the value of the box was always around $25, but even this box was worth twice that. the 2 previous boxes have had full-size products that have been worth more than the cost of the box itself. of course, nothing compares to the value of ipsy which has a lot of full-size makeup products, but inner circle is a great way to try out non-toxic products without having to test out full sizes. i just recently started the switch to clean beauty, so this is ideal for me to try out brands/products to see if they work for me rather than having to splurge on expensive products (and in many cases, high shipping costs).

Thanks for the advice! I have to say I LOVE that Lily Lolo lip gloss so much--I think I may be addicted to it. I wish all my lip glosses smelled this good! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried the alima pure hellebore shadow yesterday and it's gorgeous! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used the inika cream shadow from April's box as a primer and it did not do so well with the alima pure shadow o_O

It like disappeared and fit itself into the creases of my eyelid. I will try it again without the cream shadow. 

Has anyone else tried the eye shadow? Has it lasted? 

i think i used the shadow with the urban decay primer potion and it lasted. i haven't really had any luck with the inika cream shadow anyway (cream shadows in general don't do well on my lids, except the maybelline colour tattoos).

not sure how it would do on its own.

i think i used the shadow with the urban decay primer potion and it lasted. i haven't really had any luck with the inika cream shadow anyway (cream shadows in general don't do well on my lids, except the maybelline colour tattoos).

not sure how it would do on its own.
I also tried using it with the urban decay primer. It like oxidized into a brown color. 

Next time, I will try it on its own. 

Back