Inner Circle?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to try this sub box out for a month but I'm still on the fence! Is it worth it?

@ I actually like it a lot.  Some months are skin heavy and others are makeup heavy, but they do try and even it out. I've been sub'd since february and for the most part, I have enjoyed all of the products sent to me

I'm so excited and REALLLLLLY can't wait for a spoiler! The shipping tends to be very quick, so hopefully today (I know, I'm cray).

I really want to try this sub box out for a month but I'm still on the fence! Is it worth it?
it's worth at least trying it out! in the 3 months i've had it, i think there's only been one product i haven't used at least once (a steam room mist...). there are definitely a few i would consider purchasing.

Mine should be here tomorrow or Monday! Here's to hoping this month wows me, since I've barely used any of the items from last month.

I've used that soothing gel lately on a big mosquito bite welt (I'm allergic to them). I can't say it helped a bunch, to be honest. Kinda dried it out, that's basically it. Too bad. The soothing lotion seemed to help when I had inflammation flare ups around my jawline, but it pilled so much each time that I didn't care to use it often.

If I get another mist this month, I might cry.

I can't wait for spoiler either, @@camel11

I always get the box later than everyone else  <_<

@@Bunbunny, I will be upset if I get another mist too  :angry:

Spoilers for June! No pictures because I hate using the gallery feature, sorry. Will post one up after I upload my blog post and have a direct link to use instead. Here's the product list and some of my thoughts:

Primavera Energizing Ginger Lime Hand Cream 1.7 fl oz/50 mL

-> we get Primavera stuff EVERY MONTH. I'm kind of tired of this. Also, they sent out the body oil from this line three or four months ago. Kind of boring to get the same scent.

ilike Lemon Cleansing Milk (same size as their grape cleansing milk from a few months ago)

-> a repeat item, just in a different scent. Ughh. (blah blah my usual complaining about citrus)

Vapour Aura Multi Use Blush (Mystic) (a small powder pressed into about the size of a nickel)

-> teeny tiny sample, even smaller than the bronzer last month. Highly sparkly and glittery. Such a small sample, though. Also, the cleansing milk wasn't able to wash this off. Good thing for the blush or bad thing for the cleanser? Who knows.

The Body Deli Body Lotion 2 oz/60g

-> great sample size, and a reusable bottle, which I like. Great ingredients from what I saw from a cursory glance. Smells like roses.

W3ll People Bio Extreme Lip Gloss .17 oz/5g

-> lots of mint in this one, so it smells very cool. Haven't tried this on my lips yet because they're sensitive at this current time and I'm worried mint will trigger a reaction. It's a clear gloss with a wand applicator.

Not super happy this month again. Going to give them one more month and if I'm not impressed then I'm going to cancel. I love supporting a Canadian company, especially when my packages get here so early, but it's just so pricey that I can't keep subscribing if I just feel like trading everything I get away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I tend to be forgiving of sr, but I agree I'm unimpressed. Also, we got lip gloss last month. Im happy is a brand new product, but with the other repeats, Im also going to be giving only one more month....

got mine. i'm also not totally impressed, but it's a slightly higher value than last month (about $60 compared to last month's $50), most of which comes from the 2 full-size products -- $27 and $23.50.

what i do like is that the lip gloss is a brand new product, not even available yet. i think it's cool that they're able to offer brand new and exclusive products.

i didn't like the cleanser last time around, so i doubt i'll like this one either. the blush is far too shimmery, i probably won't use it.

i don't mind the primavera product, because i like the smell and could use another hand cream. when we got the body oils, i got the juniper scent, so i'm glad i got ginger lime this time!

the body lotion is a pretty decent size for a sample, and i'm loving the scent. i got it in amber vanilla -- yum! more of a fall/wintery scent, so maybe i'll save it for then. generally i don't use much body lotion (i hate applying it), so i prefer samples rather than wasting my money on full-size lotions that i may not finish.

A warning about a certain product:

I'd say I'm laughing, but that would be lying. Here's the ingredients list for the lemon cleansing milk:

Aqua, Zea Mays (Oil), Glycerin, Pyrus Malus (fruit), Citrus Limon (fruit), Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Salicylate, Citrus Mediica Limonum (oil), Tocopherol (Vit E), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Herb Oil), Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Limonene*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Citral*

To translate, the first ingredient is water. No biggie. Third ingredient is glycerin, we've all seen that in our products, it's a great ingredient for moisture. But what is this "zea mays oil" and "pyrus malus fruit"? Sounds special and scientific, must be super healthy... wait, no, it's CORN OIL and APPLE.

Also notice the high amount of lemon (fourth ingredient), and that there's regular alcohol (seventh ingredient), along with limonene and citral, phototoxic enzymes (as if the lemon doesn't provide enough phototoxicity).

I cannot in good conscience recommend this cleanser to anyone. The lemon is one thing, the alcohol is another, but both of them together, plus corn oil (which is somewhat comedogenic) and apple? Lame.

Edit: veritas11, super jealous about the one scent you got. There were so many scents I would have liked from this line (such as the one in the pamphlet, yum) but I got one I didn't really care for. 

It's called Jasmine Tuberose, but I know nothing about either of those things to say if it smells like it. Just smells like floral/roses to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, I didn't even try the iLike cleansing milk last time because the ingredients are CRAP, and I don't think the Primavera ingredients are any better, especially given the price of those products.  I think the ILike dupe is most annoying, as it isn't a well reviewed product on the site.  I am happy to dry the Body Deli lotion, as I've liked their products so far.  HOWEVER, I'd love to try some new brands!

Lipgloss has three different mint oils & star anise oil in it because it's also a plumper. I've declined to use it due to some health/sensitivity issues with my lips; also, they're plump enough as is! I try not to use warming/cooling/tingling products on a regular basis because they irritate my skin.

Basically what I'm saying is that apart from the lotion, I've got my whole box up for trade. Again. Very disappointing.

hmm, those descriptions do not sound too good -

I am sick of getting rose scented products, hated the ilike product before (smelled like sour milk to me) - I do not mind the primavera one - I hope this time I get it in the ginger one.   I hope I get the other scent in the lotion - amber vanilla as I am so hating rose scented ones.

hmm, those descriptions do not sound too good -

I am sick of getting rose scented products, hated the ilike product before (smelled like sour milk to me) - I do not mind the primavera one - I hope this time I get it in the ginger one.   I hope I get the other scent in the lotion - amber vanilla as I am so hating rose scented ones.
i hate rose scented products too! florals in general just don't do it for me, but i really don't understand the world's general obsession with rose scents...

Okay, whereas I was disappointed in a couple of items, I didn't hate my box

I lucked out and got the Body Deli in Thai Lemongrass - so I was really thrilled with that!!  I would have been happy with any of the choices except the Jasmine Tuberose. I love the Lemongrass because it smells so summery.    I love love love citrus smelling items!! 

I am okay with Primavera and I was happy to get this scent as I actually purchased the oil in ginger lime.  My hands have been so dry lately and I have been going thru hand cream like crazy.  This is a nice size too.

I love the lip gloss!! I happen to love mint and this is a super shiny lip gloss - my only complaint is that I would have LOVED the berry colored one, but thems the breaks.

ILike lemon cleansing milk - the grape was smelled like sour milk, this one does not.  I will use it, but this container sucks.  There is just enough for one face washing here.

Vapour Aura Blush - OMG - could they have GOTTEN a smaller sample?  Oh well, I am just glad I didn't like the color  - what color?  It was sparkly all over the place.  This reminded me of BAB one stick in flustered - a very sparkly pale non color highlighter.

So, I liked the deluxe/full sizes and didn't care for the small samples, so that makes me happy.

But I hope inner circle steps up here - they are an expensive sub and I am starting not to feel that love right now.

finally got my box!

I love the lip gloss and the body deli lotion. I got it in the scent "Amber Vanilla" and it smells amazing!! I will totally buy a full size. I love vanilla scents. I bet the coconut scent smells great too. 

I was disappointed with the value of this box, since this is a pricey subscription. 

Since I am travelling, I will opt out of this subscription for the next two months. I will re-subscribe, if I see that the next couple months are good boxes. 

Shipment notice!! Looking forward to getting the box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have to add that I wasn't excited for clear lip gloss last month even though I love W3LL People products -- I've never understood clear lip gloss, and am more of a stain girl.  BUT I can't get enough of this stuff.  The scent/flavor is addicting and I love what it does to my lips! It's not as overly gloopy/shiny as most clear glosses, and it just punches up the natural color of my lips.  I can see this being the first lip gloss I ever finish in my life.  I also have to say it stays a lot longer than most glosses, too!

Back