Ipsy Wait-list

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone explain exactly how Ipsy works? It sounds like it could be fun, b don't want to spend a bunch of money for things I don't really want.

Quote: Originally Posted by LillyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Could someone explain exactly how Ipsy works? It sounds like it could be fun, b don't want to spend a bunch of money for things I don't really want.

It's like Birchbox. For $10 a month you get a small makeup bag filled with different beauty products. They are typically inexpensive brands or indie brands, but the sample sizes are usually very generous. However, I think I might cancel after this month's bag. I haven't gotten anything I really liked for a while.

I was on the waitlist for about a month, so hopefully you'll get yours soon! 

I've been on the waitlist for a little over 6 weeks now, hoping to start getting this one soon the last two months have looked good!

Any September joins heard back yet for October bags. I've been on waitlist since first of September to gift my granddaughter. She calls me everyday to see if she's made it yet...hate telling her no.

I'm going on 5 weeks this coming friday. I feel like I'm constantly checking to see if I'm off the waitlist yet every freakin' hour -___-

mad.gif

I just signed up for the monthly waitlist last week. I didn't want to wait, so I emailed Ipsy customer service to ask if paying for the yearly membership would get me off the waitlist to an active membership, but they replied and told me that the waitlist is the same for monthly and yearly subscriptions. By the looks of it, I could get an email anytime between the next hour, and the next couple months :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In the meantime I subscribed to Beauty Army, which is like Ipsy, but you pick your 6 samples each month. There's no waitlist.

Well, November is only 2 short weeks away. A lot of people who signed up in August found out at the end of Sept that they were getting the October bag.... Sooo, we should know in less than 14 days if we're getting the Nov bag. :clap

It has now nearly been two months for me! I love my GlossyBox that I have! Birchbox I will probably end up canceling; it's not bad, but I don't like most of the stuff that comes with it. I was pretty impressed with my BeautyBox5 that I got!

Hi, I signed up to ISPY in Sept and i received my first Glam Bag last week. If you haven't heard anything by now I would send them a email.

Quote: Originally Posted by lovesdogs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi, I signed up to ISPY in Sept and i received my first Glam Bag last week. If you haven't heard anything by now I would send them a email.
I just emailed them. I signed up September 10 and haven't heard from them. For those wondering you don't get off the list faster if you canceled and resubed. I got a bag from April-August. Canceled to try other boxes. Decided to resub in September and I am still on the list.

Quote: Originally Posted by linda37027 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just emailed them. I signed up September 10 and haven't heard from them. For those wondering you don't get off the list faster if you canceled and resubed. I got a bag from April-August. Canceled to try other boxes. Decided to resub in September and I am still on the list.
Got a reply back saying they can't tell me where I am on the wait list or when I will get off.

Quote: Originally Posted by linda37027 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got a reply back saying they can't tell me where I am on the wait list or when I will get off.
I feel like they should give that information or explain how the wait list really works, especially since it's so shady. I've heard several stories of people who got off the wait list sooner than people who signed up before them. Clearly they have some process other than first come, first serve.

But alas, I will continue to wait as long as it takes, because those Ipsy glam bags look worth it.

I just got my subscriber email last night, so I'm off the list, too. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Back