Ipsy Wait-list

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hottmomma80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was on the wait list on IPSY, till i invited people from my facebook account then i was taken off of the waitlist.
Maybe that's how I got off so fast? I was sharing the link on Twitter and Facebook everyday.

I have been wondering the same thing!  I subscribed and followed all the steps (share on FB, follow on Instagram, subscribe to YouTube channels) but I am still showing the "skip the wait" message.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Another to add to the waitlist line! I signed up at the very beginning of April I think because I really wanted the April bag, but it looks like its going to be awhile before I get it. Which kinda sucks because I don't have as much interest in Birchbox to tide me over. I might try Beauty Box 5.

Wait is it true that if you sub from another person's referral link you're not put on a waitlist? I heard that from a beauty vlogger (i forget which one)

^ I think it's the opposite, in the sense that:

1. Person A signs up for Ipsy, gets Wait-Listed

This Person A could have used someone's referral link to sign up, but that does not impact Person A's Wait List status

2. Person A (although on Wait List) is given a referral link to refer/recruit others (and potential to gain ipsy pts, etc)

3. Person A shares referral link vial Facebook, etc.

4. Person B uses Person A's referral link and signs up for Ipsy, Person B is Wait-Listed

5. Person A is OFF Wait List from Person B joining up using Person A's referral link & Person A receives referral Ipsy points

Meanwhile, Person B essentially becomes new Person A in that they are Wait Listed and if someone uses Person B's referral link, then Person B gets OFF Wait List.

So sharing your referral link and getting someone to sign up to Ipsy is the 'fast-track' way OFF the Wait List, not just using someone's referral link.

Hope this helps (and is correct).

Copied and pasted from Face Book...Want a Glam Bag? Glam up your 2014 starting with the May Glam Bag! For a limited time we're making it easier than ever to hop off the Waitlist and start enjoying a Glam Bag each month. Existing Waitlisters: FIRST sign in to ipsy.com and THEN click here: http://mygl.am/SkipTheWaitlist. There are very limited spots still available... Hurry!

I cancelled Ipsy around December and almost immediately started to miss coming home to those metallic magenta mailers. I've been waitlisted now for over 3 months. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I've un-subbed twice in the past two years, so this is my third time signing back up. And I don't want to share anything on Facebook just to get back in. So...oh, well.

When you share a post on Facebook, you can set it so that it only is visible to you so that you don't feel like you're spamming people. That's what I did.

I was on the wait list for 6 weeks, and then I emailed their Help desk. My email basically said, "I don't understand your business model. Do you want my money or do you NOT want my money." Got a response within two hours that my subscription was active. Woot! witches win!

I was put on the waiting list May 31st, I thought I was going to have to wait forever and I came on here a few mins ago and seen that some people haven't got theirs for a few months and I got sad :-( So went to their site and shared them on Facebook and subscribed to their June bag and not even a min later I got a e-mail saying I was off the waiting list and I will receive my first bag next month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was it that simple, maybe I should have done that the first day lol!! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back