Julep August 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dixiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am very much looking forward to my mystery box.  I just signed up for Julep last month and did like the colours they had in the intro box for my profile (bombshell).  So I picked Bombshell for my mystery box. 

I have seen some $200 boxes but with other profiles other than the bombshell.  Does Julep mainly do a $200 only for one certain profile?
This is the first time they've ever had different profiles for the mystery boxes. Before, it's always been just 1 general mystery box that you buy, and then X number of them wind up being the $200 boxes, while the majority are in the $60-80 value range.

I imagine that in order to be fair, they did an equal number of $200/high-value boxes for each profile this time, but I guess we don't know for sure that the breakdown was equal, we can only take their word for it.

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YAY finally got my mystery box. I like it! I've only done the intro box, so I don't have much julep.

I got the Pedi Prep stuff, the foot file (need these, my feet are SO gross from the dirty floors at my new place) plus three polishes

Alyson- a taupe-beige

Michelle-gorgeous deep blue

Blake-butter yellow

FUN! I love nail polish.
We got the exact same box! I just used my pedi prep today and I fell in love (I had a really bad callus on one foot that refused to go away no matter what I tried) I will be buying it again when I run out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We got the exact same box! I just used my pedi prep today and I fell in love (I had a really bad callus on one foot that refused to go away no matter what I tried) I will be buying it again when I run out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Nice!! I can't wait to use it. My floors are SO gross (new apartment) and I need to take care of them like whoa.  Was your Blake a total streaky mess? I couldn't get it to look good.

I didn't think I'd like Alyson and I LOVE IT! Currently have the Michelle on my hands, but going to switch back to the Alyson once I have more polish remover.

Edited to add: BOX TWINS! YAY!

Nice!! I can't wait to use it. My floors are SO gross (new apartment) and I need to take care of them like whoa.  Was your Blake a total streaky mess? I couldn't get it to look good.

I didn't think I'd like Alyson and I LOVE IT! Currently have the Michelle on my hands, but going to switch back to the Alyson once I have more polish remover.

Edited to add: BOX TWINS! YAY!
I haven't used any of the colors from my box yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am getting ready for a trip so I haven't had time to actually do my nails. I have only managed to do a coat of clear polish with a glow in the dark glitter on top (I was testing out my new nail polish thinner on a couple of older polishes)

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't used any of the colors from my box yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am getting ready for a trip so I haven't had time to actually do my nails. I have only managed to do a coat of clear polish with a glow in the dark glitter on top (I was testing out my new nail polish thinner on a couple of older polishes)
Ahh, let me know what you think!

YAY finally got my mystery box. I like it! I've only done the intro box, so I don't have much julep. I got the Pedi Prep stuff, the foot file (need these, my feet are SO gross from the dirty floors at my new place) plus three polishes Alyson- a taupe-beige Michelle-gorgeous deep blue Blake-butter yellow FUN! I love nail polish.
I was wondering what box you ordered. Was it Boho Glam? I know Blake isn't a BHG color it's an it girl color, but I've seen on other peoples boho that they were getting Blake. I just got that one on my it girl intro box. It was horriable to work with. I don't want my first one so I surely don't want a second.

Will you gals please share the contents of your Boho Glam boxes if you got them. I got my intro box this month and also ordered a boho mystery box. I don't want to already have duplicates :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got my shipping email Monday, but there has been no movement on my shipment at all. Thanks for the help.

I'm already a Maven though, and I don't know how actively they check to see if people have duplicate accounts. I don't remember seeing anyone else talking about having more than one Maven subscription. I also don't want to risk them shutting down my main account for any reason because I have 2 free months left thanks to referrals. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I do know they check. I never changed my bling address from my mom's on an old credit card and they wouldn't let her get a box until I changed my address

Originally Posted by Samdp42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering what box you ordered. Was it Boho Glam? I know Blake isn't a BHG color it's an it girl color, but I've seen on other peoples boho that they were getting Blake. I just got that one on my it girl intro box. It was horriable to work with. I don't want my first one so I surely don't want a second.
Yep! Boho Glam.

Just got my Boho Glam mystery box in today! It was not a big box unfortunately, but I liked it more than I expected. Here's what I have:

Colors from L to R:
Molly, Daisy, Vera

Best Pedi Prep Ever
Foot file
Toe separators

Box MSRP total: $64 (I didn't count the toe separators)

Pics!

Is anyone interested in trading Daisy? It's a dupe and I don't use yellow all that much. Let me know via PM!

I can supply seller feedback from eBay since I'm new to swapping on MUT, and I am crazy confused by the swapping rules.

Originally Posted by kelliq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my Boho Glam mystery box in today! It was not a big box unfortunately, but I liked it more than I expected. Here's what I have:

Colors from L to R:

Molly, Daisy, Vera

Best Pedi Prep Ever

Foot file

Toe separators

Box MSRP total: $64 (I didn't count the toe separators)

Pics!

Is anyone interested in trading Daisy? It's a dupe and I don't use yellow all that much. Let me know via PM!

I can supply seller feedback from eBay since I'm new to swapping on MUT, and I am crazy confused by the swapping rules.

Did you swatch any? Let me know how the quality of the polish is. I may have to cancel because most of my polishes are super streaky/not great quality. Sad, because I LOVE the idea of this.

Did you swatch any? Let me know how the quality of the polish is. I may have to cancel because most of my polishes are super streaky/not great quality. Sad, because I LOVE the idea of this.
I've used Daisy before, but just as a nail art accent (below). I'll try and swatch the others this weekend. I have between 15 and 20 Julep polishes now and I haven't had any issues with streaking. 2-3 coats and I've got a gorgeous, clean mani.

Here's Daisy on top of Robin from June's Boho Glam Maven box:

Are you saying that a lot of your Julep polishes are streaky?  I have yet to hear this about them.
Yeah. I had a major issue with a few of the lighter colors... :-(  They just don't go on clean like OPI does.

Colors from L to R: Molly, Daisy, Vera Best Pedi Prep Ever Foot file Toe separators Box MSRP total: $64 (I didn't count the toe separators) Pics! Is anyone interested in trading Daisy? It's a dupe and I don't use yellow all that much. Let me know via PM! I can supply seller feedback from eBay since I'm new to swapping on MUT, and I am crazy confused by the swapping rules.
Box twins! Didn't really need another type taupe. I have a bad habit of buying taupes and browns and they are all so similar. But I'm happy. $20 well spent.

Originally Posted by CaptainSassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box twins! Didn't really need another type taupe. I have a bad habit of buying taupes and browns and they are all so similar. But I'm happy. $20 well spent.
I'm happy too! Vera is just gorgeous, and while taupe is one of my favorite colors I don't have a dupe. My bad habit polishes are all of the so-dark-they're-pretty-much-black variety ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's Vera (excuse the messiness - I did these right before I went out last night and didn't have time to clean up the edges):

In some light it has the slightest olive hue, but the above image is a pretty accurate color representation of how it looks most of the time.

I got my Boho Glam intro box Thursday, but my two mystery boxes were sent parcel post so they are lagging behind.  I like the pedi foot cream that came in my intro box as well as the two colors (Toni & Sasha), so that's a positive start!  I did not realize the polishes are almost half the size of regular polish however.  $14 a pop regular price is a bit excessive, IMO.  I can see where the monthly subscriptions are quite appealing price wise, and the mystery boxes even more so.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my Boho Glam intro box Thursday, but my two mystery boxes were sent parcel post so they are lagging behind.  I like the pedi foot cream that came in my intro box as well as the two colors (Toni & Sasha), so that's a positive start!  I did not realize the polishes are almost half the size of regular polish however.  $14 a pop regular price is a bit excessive, IMO.  I can see where the monthly subscriptions are quite appealing price wise, and the mystery boxes even more so.
toni is such a lovely color!

sorry if i sound like a broken record...but i am really on the hunt for these colors:

reese, leighton and malin.

please pm me if you are interested in a swap.

i think i purchased almost all of the mystery boxes this month, no $200 valued boxes, but i am still loving julep!!

How do you opt out of Julep for a month?  I am not wanting my August box and I thought the 20th was the day you could start opting out.

Thanks!
On your Maven profile, there should be an option to skip the month, which I think is also included in your preview email. Julep will send you an email confirming your choice

I'm doing Classic w a twist with a free Gunta add on.

Even though I was complaining about how streaky the polishes can be, I still kind of love Julep, and I'll admit, I want to try the mascara.

Back