JULEP - What are you currently wearing??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhh julep manis!!!
And congrats to those featured on the blog.

My mani is Betty, Rosa and Coretta. I love the formula in all of them especially Betty. I had trouble with bailey bubbling.

Beautiful!

Misti with Tania and Joelle
I am so in love with Tania. It's by far my favorite polish atm.

Emerson arrived today. Do I think this one polish was worth mystery box? TBD. I rarely get mystery boxes so only one repeat for me. If the others have good formulas I will be ok. This polish went on fairly sheer, almost like a glaze. It took three coats to build up to coverage you see here. Standard nails inc caviar coat on top.
And after one coat :

Unfortunately I didn't get a pic before a craft project destroyed it - but two coats of the new Tatum (Kermit green metallic) didn't "wow" me when I put it on, so I put two coats of Aretha (March's Aquamarine) over it.  LOVED it after that.  Very Easter / springy if you have that combo.  Aretha had a lot more flecks of color than I was expecting!

Ohhh julep manis!!!
And congrats to those featured on the blog.

My mani is Betty, Rosa and Coretta. I love the formula in all of them especially Betty. I had trouble with bailey bubbling.

So pretty!

Quote: Originally Posted by sylarana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Misti with Tania and Joelle

I am so in love with Tania. It's by far my favorite polish atm.
Looks great on you!

Quote: Originally Posted by wishingwillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Emerson arrived today. Do I think this one polish was worth mystery box? TBD. I rarely get mystery boxes so only one repeat for me. If the others have good formulas I will be ok.

This polish went on fairly sheer, almost like a glaze. It took three coats to build up to coverage you see here. Standard nails inc caviar coat on top.

And after one coat :

Nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Unfortunately I didn't get a pic before a craft project destroyed it - but two coats of the new Tatum (Kermit green metallic) didn't "wow" me when I put it on, so I put two coats of Aretha (March's Aquamarine) over it.  LOVED it after that.  Very Easter / springy if you have that combo.  Aretha had a lot more flecks of color than I was expecting!
I was very impressed by Aretha, so much that I want a back up. Just sad that its so goopy.

I wonder if the other speckles are that sheer I just have the add on one but have tried it yet. The three bday polishes have held up great. I've had them on since Sunday and except for the one nail I took off myself no chips to be found.

I'm wearing Shenae this week, which I received in the March Lucky 100% mystery box.  I like the color much more than I was expecting to, it reminds me of a pale jade green.  However, it's not holding up very well, as I had chips within one day.  That's unusual for me.  I'll have to try a different base/top coat (I used Zoya) with this one and see if I have better luck.

Today's mani is Jukep's Lauren and Cult Cosmetics Coachella. Lauren is an older color I believe but I was looking for a nice pink pop on my nails for Easter. Coachella is a beautiful holographic polish. I had some vinyls I bought during Black Friday and used them to accent the coachella. Lauren took 3 coats to not have VNL and years to dry. I had to wait for it to fully dry in order to put a vinyl over it or it would end up lifting when I remove the vinyl. Any unevenness went away when I put Orly's sec n dry on. This pic is with flash.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice!

I wonder if the other speckles are that sheer I just have the add on one but have tried it yet.

The three bday polishes have held up great. I've had them on since Sunday and except for the one nail I took off myself no chips to be found. That's great!

Today's mani is Jukep's Lauren and Cult Cosmetics Coachella.

Lauren is an older color I believe but I was looking for a nice pink pop on my nails for Easter. Coachella is a beautiful holographic polish. I had some vinyls I bought during Black Friday and used them to accent the coachella. Lauren took 3 coats to not have VNL and years to dry. I had to wait for it to fully dry in order to put a vinyl over it or it would end up lifting when I remove the vinyl. Any unevenness went away when I put Orly's sec n dry on. This pic is with flash.

Pretty!

I have on Flora.  I really like it and the formula was much better than the other ones I tried from last month.  It's bright but I still feel ok wearing it to work since it's spring!

I have Dianna on my toes.  I hadn't wore this color for a while, it's definitely one of my all-time favorite Juleps.

Back