Le Matchbox (Jouer Quarterly Subscription) *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to resist the urge to purchase. This box is absolutely perfect in every way. I love the variety of products & the luxe quality of the brand. I did take the quiz & it said I'm cool tone. Did anyone else have problems answering questions-- I really don't know what looks better on me- white or beige t shirt.. Lol but #truestory . I love the blush colors and the lipstick, I'm just on crazy overload of products but the hoarder in me says More..More.. More . The next time Im feeling good from 2 glasses of vino, I'll probably push the submit button.

I'm trying to resist the urge to purchase. This box is absolutely perfect in every way. I love the variety of products & the luxe quality of the brand. I did take the quiz & it said I'm cool tone. Did anyone else have problems answering questions-- I really don't know what looks better on me- white or beige t shirt.. Lol but #truestory . I love the blush colors and the lipstick, I'm just on crazy overload of products but the hoarder in me says More..More.. More . The next time Im feeling good from 2 glasses of vino, I'll probably push the submit button.
Well I hope you have more willpower than I do!! I wasn't going to order this, but after a fit of insomnia and surfing the net in the wee hours, I went ahead and signed up. I had a hard time with the questions as well, and the quiz showed me as a warm tone. I'm actually a neutral so I can wear either.....but I went ahead and signed up for the warm box. If I don't like it, I will update my account and change to cool tone.

I need to drop some of my subs, so going to review and see which ones need to go. But I like that this is a quarterly sub, so don't feel like I'll get too overloaded. I definitely can not take on another monthly sub! 

My cool toned box arrived Saturday and I was soooo delighted with it!!  While I have a TON of makeup right now, Jouer is such good quality and I've always loved everything from this brand. 

The box is adorable, I love the little ribbon closure and the shiny packing materials.  I've been using the black eye crayon nonstop and think I'll buy more colors.  It's so creamy and has real staying power!  

At first, I was kind of 'meh' on the travel eyelash curler and thought it was probably just a cheap throw away item.  Well - I decided to give it a try and it's the best lash curler I've used (my blonde eyelashes look puny without curling them first, so lash curlers are important to me).  Just a few quick pumps and I have perfectly curled lashes.  The first time using it, I pressed too hard and too long, which basically curled my lashes so much I couldn't even apply mascara.    Needless to say, I will be holding onto this curler for dear life and will probably order a backup.  

The lipstick has gorgeous, heavy packaging and the color and formula were perfections (I got Whitney).   I haven't tried the oil yet but it's in the kind of bottle that will look so pretty on my vanity.   Oh, and the world's tiniest roller ball. . .SO cute and the scent is nice.  

Even though it was $48, I will use every single thing in the box and I've already discovered things that I can't live without (more lipsticks, blushes, and eyeshadow crayons!).  Jouer is in the Birchbox shop and I have tons of points built up, plus it seems like the Jouer website always has a lot of promos and discounts.   

I was kind of bummed I didn't get a makeup bag, but their bags really look to pretty to use for makeup anyway.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Just saw that they have a Mother's Day box. Looks pretty nice. I'm obsessed with this brand now but I'm trying to be good and not buy anymore things right now. :)

Mothers_day_box_product_detail_pg.jpg

I received my box today. I love it. :wub:   I received the cool tone box. I have rosacea and have a hard time convincing myself to use blush when I have foundation on. The blush is perfect. I am able to use everything except for the eye crayon. The packaging was a joy to open.

mine should be here tomorrow - I got the warm box so I will post pics if anyone is interested.

I got the cool box .. The lipstick is amazing so is the blush. I am newly obsessed with the oil . Its great for face hair nails its just wonderful.  I could not be more happy with this sub.  The packaging is great too !!  Excited for the next box

My first thought when I saw the details of the Mothers Day box is that it's overpriced.  Am I alone in this?

My thoughts also. I looked at the box again because at initial glance it looked like something I might want to get but after looking at it closer,  I don't think the value is there. I'm going to pass. The quarterly box is way better value and I've gotten use out of all the items in it.

Here is my box.  I am a bit disappointed that I didn't get the clarifying oil, as I did mark down that I had very oily skin.   The oil is nice, but way too rich for my skin.  I would like to try the clarifying oil, so I may have to purchase that later on. 

jouer.3.png

jouer.10.gif

1. the renaissance eye crayon - I really like this color - goes well with my green-blue eyes.  It is a bronzed plum

2. meredith lip stick - this is a sheer warm pink shade - very wearable

3 peach bouquet blush - very soft golden peach blush

I will use everything in my box except the perfume, as I am allergic to jasmine - I will add that to my mom's mother day box I am making for her.  The oil, still not sure - maybe save it for the winter and use it then or something.

I let Jouer know about my skin type and they are sending me the clarifying oil!! WOW - totally unexpected!
That's so nice of them!! I really appreciate companies that care about their customers & go out of their way to make them happy. I'm definitely signing up for the next box. If my last 3 monthly boxes of LMdB items sell

quickly on eBay then I'll totally buy this current box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Shauna999 You're not loving lmdb either? I don't think I'm subbing next year, but will stay on for jouer until it gets repetitive.
I love lmdb products but Im not really loving the program in year 2. I'm just not using the majority of what I've received this year, so it's just not worth it anymore for me. This box looks incredible & I'm ALL about it!! 1 door closes & another one opens ...lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I caved and ordered this box. I have pared back, like way back on my subs but this just seems like just really incredible value. Their questionnaire declared me as a cool tone gal but I'm not really sure what works best for me. All of the boxes that I have seen so far look amazing! I cannot wait to get this box in my hot little hands! 

I got the warm box, and this is really probably my favorite subscription box I've received. All 3 color products (plum eyeshadow stick, peach blush & nude-pink lipstick) are spot-on for my coloring, and all look good worn together (especially the blush & lipstick). This is my first time trying Jouer products, and I'm very impressed.

I am thinking of trying their Matte Moisture Tint. I have used Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer for years, but they have just ruined it by changing the formulation, so I'm looking for a substitute - anyone try the Jouer?

I got the warm box, and this is really probably my favorite subscription box I've received. All 3 color products (plum eyeshadow stick, peach blush & nude-pink lipstick) are spot-on for my coloring, and all look good worn together (especially the blush & lipstick). This is my first time trying Jouer products, and I'm very impressed.

I am thinking of trying their Matte Moisture Tint. I have used Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer for years, but they have just ruined it by changing the formulation, so I'm looking for a substitute - anyone try the Jouer?

the matte moisture tint is my holy grail product.   I have oily skin and it is a lifesaver for me to tone down my massive shine.    If you have dry skin, you need to make sure your skin is well moisturized first before applying but normal to oily should have no issues with it

I wear "nude", which is really suited for warm tones  .  I did some swatches

• Mac Studio Tech in NW20
  • Jouer Matte Moisturizing Tint in Nude  (looks really yellow, but blends out nicely)
  • Mac Studio Fix Powder in NW20
  • Jouer Matte Moisturizing Tint in Nude blended out
jouer.14.gif

I wrote a mini review on my blog, and will repeat it here

this product just melts into my skin, gliding smoothly and providing just enough coverage ~ I don’t have perfect skin, but I don’t hate it either. I just needed something to even it out a bit, without feeling like I had tons of foundation on my face. A little goes a LONG way too! My face didn’t feel greasy and this helped tone down the shine ~ not all the way, but enough for me to be a convert. I’ve been using this product now for over 3 years, along with Mac NW20 Studio Finish (my finishing powder) and for those days when I do need more coverage, Mac NW20 Studio Tech.  Jouer, however, is my go-to daily foundation. That is why I haven’t converted to BB creams ~ nothing compares to this product. If you have dry skin, I recommend getting the Luminizing product as the Matte might be too dry for you. If you have normal skin, you can get both and even mix them together. This product also has some SPF in it (SPF15) as well.

If you need help with picking a shade, call Joeur's phone number on the contact page (better luck than emailing) and see if they can help you

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the cool and the warm box and I love everything  !!  amazing
OOH, I should see if I can order a warm box too.  I'm cool toned, but the super bright blue toned pinks I got in my box are a little much for me.  The warm box is just so much softer. 

Back