L'Occitane Sampling Box!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine, and mon Dieu, the cuteness. I am nothing if not honest, so I will say that I think the value is there, even with the $5 shipping. 

Extremely annoying for those that got free shipping initially and had their orders cancelled, I know, but if you were counting on it for a gift for someone and can get over the poor way they handled this, it's pretty nice. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]Still and all, I think it would make a cute gift for your kids' teachers, company receptionist, son's girlfriend, etc. And of course, as a stocking stuffer/s. [/SIZE]

The bag is woven, but it's coated in some sort of plasticized material, so it is kind of wrinkled, which also which may also need to be taken into consideration if you give it as a gift. 

I wish I wasn't too stubborn to continue to patronize them, because I'd probably reorder the one that got cancelled, but they really did torque me off.

Has anyone whose order was cancelled actually received a refund.  The paypal order was refunded immediately but I still don't see a refund for the order I used a cc on.  I also have not gotten any emails about a cancellation or shipment or refund or anything on both

Has anyone whose order was cancelled actually received a refund.  The paypal order was refunded immediately but I still don't see a refund for the order I used a cc on.  I also have not gotten any emails about a cancellation or shipment or refund or anything on both
Mine was showing as a pending charge to my credit card yesterday but now there's no pending or actual charge.  I haven't received an email about it either and wouldn't have known about the issue of it wasn't for MUT.  I'm pretty annoyed by the complete lack of communication.

Mine was showing as a pending charge to my credit card yesterday but now there's no pending or actual charge.  I haven't received an email about it either and wouldn't have known about the issue of it wasn't for MUT.  I'm pretty annoyed by the complete lack of communication.
I have been charged and no refund as of today.  It's not so much that they cancelled.  It's just doing it and not saying a word to anyone anywhere in any form.  I didn't know about the cancellations until I read it on here.  They took my money, they still have my money, they cancelled my order, they never told me a thing about it, and it's been 5 business days.  That's just downright rude.  Is this thief?  Because it's starting to feel that way to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update.  I was getting this for a friend of mine (she loves this brand) so I ordered some other L'occitane stuff from sephora but then returned that sephora one when I ordered the L'occitane box.  If it was just me I'd wash my hands of this company but I love my friend so I called a store that is nearby and they said you have to have an email in order to buy it.  They asked me how I knew about this when they aren't advertising it and I told them about the blog that posted it and that I did order it but it was cancelled.  She told me I could come in and they would let me buy one per email.  (I ordered 2 on 2 emails - mom's and mine)  I asked her if I could get 2 since I ordered 2 on separate emails and then she said it was only 1 per person.  So I went in with my mom.  HA.  

An SA greeted me when I came in and asked me if I was looking for something.  I told her I was looking for the l'occi box and that it's a small white box with circle flowers and a pink ribbon.  She denied having it, said she didn't know what box I was referring to, and said that there is a lot of pink in the store.... (yeah I wanted to roll my eyes at that since there really wasn't that much pink).  I then said I called earlier and someone on the phone said to show my email with the order to get it.  SA then replies that they only got a few and it's only for people who received an email for the box.  She wanted to know where I found out about it and basically didn't want to sell it to me.  I told her I only had the order confirmation email and that I could show her my paypal account where I was charged and refunded.  I think at that point she knew I wasn't going to cave and said she could let me get one IF I had the code.  I told her it was discover.  She said she would try it but it might not work.  I told her about the 2 accounts and pointed to my mother and I think that's where she stopped smiling.  She made us fill out forms to sign up for their membership and kept saying that the code might not work.  At this point she walks over to a cabinet and gets 2 of the l'occi boxes out.  She knew exactly where they were.  BAH!  All that denial when I first started asking her about it is now kinda pissing me off.  She enters the codes, signs us up and we were each able to get 1.  Both of them are going to my friend.  If only she wasn't such a good friend.  I want nothing more do to with this company.  

Just an update.  I was getting this for a friend of mine (she loves this brand) so I ordered some other L'occitane stuff from sephora but then returned that sephora one when I ordered the L'occitane box.  If it was just me I'd wash my hands of this company but I love my friend so I called a store that is nearby and they said you have to have an email in order to buy it.  They asked me how I knew about this when they aren't advertising it and I told them about the blog that posted it and that I did order it but it was cancelled.  She told me I could come in and they would let me buy one per email.  (I ordered 2 on 2 emails - mom's and mine)  I asked her if I could get 2 since I ordered 2 on separate emails and then she said it was only 1 per person.  So I went in with my mom.  HA.  

An SA greeted me when I came in and asked me if I was looking for something.  I told her I was looking for the l'occi box and that it's a small white box with circle flowers and a pink ribbon.  She denied having it, said she didn't know what box I was referring to, and said that there is a lot of pink in the store.... (yeah I wanted to roll my eyes at that since there really wasn't that much pink).  I then said I called earlier and someone on the phone said to show my email with the order to get it.  SA then replies that they only got a few and it's only for people who received an email for the box.  She wanted to know where I found out about it and basically didn't want to sell it to me.  I told her I only had the order confirmation email and that I could show her my paypal account where I was charged and refunded.  I think at that point she knew I wasn't going to cave and said she could let me get one IF I had the code.  I told her it was discover.  She said she would try it but it might not work.  I told her about the 2 accounts and pointed to my mother and I think that's where she stopped smiling.  She made us fill out forms to sign up for their membership and kept saying that the code might not work.  At this point she walks over to a cabinet and gets 2 of the l'occi boxes out.  She knew exactly where they were.  BAH!  All that denial when I first started asking her about it is now kinda pissing me off.  She enters the codes, signs us up and we were each able to get 1.  Both of them are going to my friend.  If only she wasn't such a good friend.  I want nothing more do to with this company.  
Wow... just... wow. 

@tulippop  - seriously all that drama for this little box?  I mean I received mine and it was cute but not that cute. I'm pretty turned off by how they are handling this for other customers.  I refuse to sign-up for Facebook but anyone that does should call them on this BS.

I ordered a box as soon as I read about it, and then emailed the information to my daughter who hesitated for about 20 minutes before she ordered one too.  Neither of us used a code other than DISCOVER.  Mine shipped almost immediately, and then I started reading this thread about the orders getting canceled.  My daughter never received an email, kept checking her bank account that had been charged, and then today found out that her order was canceled. 

We were at the mall on Thursday night and went by the L'Occitane store so decided to pop in to see the box in person.  There were several behind the counter, and the girl was all ready to open it and show us the contents but we said we wanted to be surprised.  It was $15. In retrospect, we should have bought one now that my daughter's order was canceled! But we didn't know that then.

My daughter reordered today but was charged shipping. she has an email into them to waive the shipping, but I'm not sure yet if they've responded.

This is just a fuster cluck on the part of L'Occitane.  The lack of communication, the random nature of whose orders were canceled and who got the boxes, and then to read how some of you were treated either on the phone, via email, or in the store (tulippop, you are a good friend!) it's just not right. 

On a related note, I ordered a bunch of shower bombs from Salus.  Within a week I placed my order and had it shipped, and had no fewer than four emails with words like 'hey you are our customer of the day!' and 'We want you to be happy with your order' and made me feel appreciated as a customer.  All we can do is be consumers and give our money to people who want it.

Wow, that must've been a horrible experience, it kind of reminds me of MAC counters. 

Yep, I am increasingly "over" L'occitane.  I'lll use the hand cream that I have, and then after that, I'll meet my hand hydration needs elsewhere.
Well, there is always Origins and their free gifts are tons better.  I love the ginger scent so much that I bought a huge bottle of the Ginger hand lotion.  Yeah it's a lotion and not a cream. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I will pump it into an empty I suppose.

Just checked and mine was shipped 6 hours after being ordered.    Also all of their order emails say this:

This e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you a shipping confirmation e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you.

Anyways, I was broken hearted that I missed the coupon codes by ordering the night before.  I ordered on Cyber Monday.  

Well, there is always Origins and their free gifts are tons better.  I love the ginger scent so much that I bought a huge bottle.  Yeah it's a lotion and not a cream. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I will pump it into an empty I suppose.
I actually really like to use sample sized body butters as handcreams...thicker than lotion and handy sizes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually really like to use sample sized body butters as handcreams...thicker than lotion and handy sizes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've always preferred this too. Regular lotion is too slick for me and makes me incapable of doing anything (writing, typing, opening things).

Also I can throw sample sizes/minis in to my purse easily.

@tulippop  - seriously all that drama for this little box?  I mean I received mine and it was cute but not that cute. I'm pretty turned off by how they are handling this for other customers.  I refuse to sign-up for Facebook but anyone that does should call them on this BS.
Yeah I was pretty done with it when they cancelled my orders.  I just really wanted to get one for my friend who's seriously a very very very good friend of mine and this is the only brand I know of that she expressed interest in and actually wanted.  I already gave her a clarisonic last year and she's got a traincase full of makeup from me as well.  I showed this to her on Monday and she was interested in it so I really do want to get it for her even if I'd rather never buy a thing from this company ever again.    As to signing up, it's just with my email and it's the email that I used to sign up when I ordered online so that's not a big deal to me.

I ordered a box as soon as I read about it, and then emailed the information to my daughter who hesitated for about 20 minutes before she ordered one too.  Neither of us used a code other than DISCOVER.  Mine shipped almost immediately, and then I started reading this thread about the orders getting canceled.  My daughter never received an email, kept checking her bank account that had been charged, and then today found out that her order was canceled. 

We were at the mall on Thursday night and went by the L'Occitane store so decided to pop in to see the box in person.  There were several behind the counter, and the girl was all ready to open it and show us the contents but we said we wanted to be surprised.  It was $15. In retrospect, we should have bought one now that my daughter's order was canceled! But we didn't know that then.

My daughter reordered today but was charged shipping. she has an email into them to waive the shipping, but I'm not sure yet if they've responded.

This is just a fuster cluck on the part of L'Occitane.  The lack of communication, the random nature of whose orders were canceled and who got the boxes, and then to read how some of you were treated either on the phone, via email, or in the store (tulippop, you are a good friend!) it's just not right. 

On a related note, I ordered a bunch of shower bombs from Salus.  Within a week I placed my order and had it shipped, and had no fewer than four emails with words like 'hey you are our customer of the day!' and 'We want you to be happy with your order' and made me feel appreciated as a customer.  All we can do is be consumers and give our money to people who want it.
She didn't ask you for an email or code or anything?  This whole situation is so weird.  And thank you!  She's had a rough year and I hope these will cheer her up!

Yeah I never use lotions either.  But that stuff smells so darn good. The Ginger Souffle Whipped body cream is to die for.  So I just had to try the lotion.

You know there is a manuka hand cream out there that smells fabulous and is super thick.  Got a tube from a Bush box.  Ended up buying a bunch of stuff.    It is from new Zealand.  The great barrier bee company.  It even has royal jelly in it.

Will you still buy from L'occitanes sister company Le Couvent Des Minimes  then?  I would have a rough time giving them up.

Funny you mentioned the body butters.  i got a small tube of Bliss  body butter from a beauty box.  And I liked it as a hand cream also.  My daughter is getting me the 4 pack that has 4 huge tubes!  I squeeze the big tubes into the empties.  Perhaps I should try the butters from other companies also?  Thank you for the suggestion!

After reading the horror story I thought maybe this was supposed to be some sort of exclusive thing, for their Passport to Provence VIP Customers, and they only had so many. So of course if someone posted it publicly it might be an issue

And then I remembered.....I am one of those alleged VIPs and I never got any notification about this box whatsoever. I saw it here. So that is complete and utter BS, too.

Done with them. They won't notice, I doubt I ever spent more than a hundred or so dollars a year there ( mainly for my sister) but it's just beyond insulting to demand your customers tell you how they heard about one of your products, as if you were selling premium weed and you were afraid the customer was a narc.

Yeah I never use lotions either.  But that stuff smells so darn good. The Ginger Souffle Whipped body cream is to die for.  So I just had to try the lotion.

You know there is a manuka hand cream out there that smells fabulous and is super thick.  Got a tube from a Bush box.  Ended up buying a bunch of stuff.    It is from new Zealand.  The great barrier bee company.  It even has royal jelly in it.

Will you still buy from L'occitanes sister company Le Couvent Des Minimes  then?  I would have a rough time giving them up.

Funny you mentioned the body butters.  i got a small tube of Bliss  body butter from a beauty box.  And I liked it as a hand cream also.  My daughter is getting me the 4 pack that has 4 huge tubes!  I squeeze the big tubes into the empties.  Perhaps I should try the butters from other companies also?  Thank you for the suggestion!
I had some of the ginger souffle and really loved it!

I've never even heard of Le Couvent Des Minimes before so that won't be a problem (I haven't even tried much from L'occitane, just a couple of hand creams, which is why I wanted this box! But yeah, I'd rather not support a company that doesn't handle these things well when there are so many that do!

If you are open to trying indie products, a lot of the indie companies that sell body butter sell little sample sized tubs, if you don't mind using those instead of tubes. I also got Perlier body butter from Birchbox last month, and I've been using that as a hand cream! I also do so with Pacifica butters. The blood orange is my favorite!

Epiphany here...  Perhaps the cyber Monday orders all went through since I think I recall them having free shipping on all orders that day?  Wasn't that L'occitane?  Thus nothing was wrong with the orders if so.   But if you had a cyber Monday order canceled you may want to look into this.  Since they took away your free shipping (If it was them, maybe it was Origins?).  

@@yousoldtheworld The dermstore has a 4 pack of Le Couvent Des Minimes hand creams in .8 tube sizes.  They have, I forget which, a 30% or 20% off sale until around Xmas.   I bought that to try their other hand creams.  I got the gardeners hand cream from a GWP and it is very thick and luxurious.  The honey hand cream is nice for over night.  I want to try their other products for certain, 

Back