L'Occitane Sampling Box!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@JolieFleurs No stacking is fine (unless it's Sephora  <_< ) Their site didn't account for the discounted price of the promo...even with ebates I received 9% back on the total order, not $35 (which I spent) but on $114 :blush:  *= $11.11

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you @@SaraP ! I mean,honestly, that is not you intentionally gaming it, that's their mistake!

I am asking myself if I knew it was a mistake, if I would have done it. 

I will be honest and say I probably would have. THAT would be gaming it, I can see that. 

I just thought it was a good Black Friday deal. 

And as I read back through my posts, I'm finding myself laughing and being a little embarrassed about getting SO worked up over 4 minuscule hand creams. 

:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :blush:

Mine got cancelled too, and I ordered only one with no stacking. I'm bummed enough that I won't be buying from them again, honestly...there are just too many other companies with better service than that to give my money to! I can understand cancelling the orders that didn't follow the "rules" or whatever...but to cancel all of them is pretty crappy service and I'd rather spend my money with a company that handles things better.

They've definitely turned me off enough that I will no longer buy their products. Their hand creams are great and all but there are others out there that I can use just the same.

The more I think about this, the more it annoys me. Not just because my order was cancelled, but...cancelling all of those orders because people were stacking codes, really? (Yes, they might say it was a "glitch" but come on.)

I could understand if they were a small company. But for the price they charge for their products, they could afford a few people stacking the codes without cancelling orders of those who didn't. They could have fixed the code stacking thing and just taken a "loss" on the ones that went through. Because they're making a load of profit anyway. ALl they've done is anger potential customers.

I'm a little bummed about my cancelled order, since i only used the DISCOVER promo.

i got a standard email apology regarding the cancellation.

I'll use the $15+tax refund to order another popsugar november gift box through ruelala, since that has a nice full size shea butter hand cream in it that i already know i like.  A little bummed though because the teeny tubes would have been great for trying out the different scents (i already know i like their standard formula), and great size for my purse.  and the whole package is just so stinkin' cute.  oh well, the cancelled order doesn't have me jumping to repurchase.

Well, by golly, I finally got an email telling me about the technical glitch. So they finally did mention it, good on them. I thanked them and said I wouldn't be reordering. 

I think the fact that they won't offer anyone that got their order canceled a free shipping code that is stackable with the DISCOVER code kind of annoying. The fact that we all made an order on a day where they were offering free shipping, and they claim there was a glitch etc etc and canceled all our orders...it's kind of ridiculous for them to suggest we re-order and have to pay for shipping.

I was THINKING of re-ordering the box because like some of you have said...the 4 little hand creams weren't a huge deal, just a little bonus. But the fact that they're charging for shipping when it was free the other day is what made me not want to bother.

I got my order canceled and didn't do any sort of "gaming". I just ordered with the Discover code. I didn't get an email either. Bummed, but I have plenty of hand cream anyway. It's not even my favorite brand, so I shouldn't be that disappointed, but I am.

I would just like to compare and contrast this with Beauty Bar / Sample Society's CS. I got a package today that was missing a $12 box I had ordered. I went to report it on their page for returns, and accidentally hit the refund request for the Mystery sample box I had ordered, which was $25 and totally fine. I emailed them because there was no way to fix the request in their system. This is what followed:

"Thank you for reaching out to us tonight. I'm sorry that you only received one of the September Sample Society boxes, for order XXXXXX. I'll be happy to help you with this.  I'm showing that we have already issued you a $25.00 refund to the credit card ending in; "2004." You should see that reflected on you credit card in 3 to 5 business days."

I answered. "Can you re-charge me the $13 difference? Doesn’t seem fair for you to be out the money for my mistake! BTW, you company has OUTSTANDING customer service. I’ve placed many orders with you recently and will continue to do so in the future because of this."

Their response "<my name>, we understand that there has been an error with the report however we have already issued the refund. Unfortunately we are not able to recharge your card without verbal permission so this refund is on us and we are happy to continue providing you with the best service possible.

Once again <my name>, we are sorry to hear about the mix up with reporting the issue."

THIS IS HOW YOU DO CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I'm prepared to shout from the rooftops about what amazing CS Beauty Bar provides, I'm definitely going to spend the money they refunded me with their company, and I'm going to look into using their sister sites from now on for other things I previously bought from Amazon.

And I won't be giving L'Occitane one red cent from now on. Not because of the screw-up, but because of how they handled it.

Agreed. I mean, if you read some posts around here, it's pretty obvious that a bit of great service will inspire a lot of us to spend a lot of money. I don't even know how many times I've seen someone talk about being treated really well by a company and purposely bought something from said company as a result...and similarly, many times I've seen someone talk about bad service, and been less inclined to buy from that company.

Their handling was just stupid. I mean, they didn't even contact me and tell me they were canceling it, I had to figure that out myself when I saw a refund. If I didn't post here and see this convo, I would have been even more confused and annoyed.

And as I read back through my posts, I'm finding myself laughing and being a little embarrassed about getting SO worked up over 4 minuscule hand creams. 

:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :blush:
Everyone keeps saying 4, it is actually 5.  But some are a bit per-fumy for my liking.  The body lotion actually works better on the hands than the hand creams.  LOL...  

A couple of people wanted to see some home pictures. So here they are. I just love love the pretty box by itself. It has a bunch of gold paper inside. I was like this is all paper where are the goods? LOL... It all just barely fits in that small (slightly smaller than Ipsy) makeup bag.

Just realized that I was missing the cleanser from my pictures. That was 1.7 oz so the bottle was quite big. This was the best value. It sells for $11.5 for that size.

I had a little bit of help from Teddy Bearz. He's a very big cat....

104.JPG105.JPG108.JPG

I was so bummed that I missed this deal earlier in the week and then I got an email from them yesterday that the discover boxes were back on sale. I really wish I would have checked MuT before placing my order. If I had read over everything that happened this week I never would have ordered. I only came back and read the thread because my order confirmation had some really odd wording in it. Something like this is only an acknowledgement of your order and your order contract is not complete untill we send you another email with shipping info. Made me feel like they weren't sure they had the box and other items I ordered in stock. They charged me for it right away though! I feel antsy and think I may just cancel since my "contract isn't complete". Too much sub box drama going on for me right now.

Never ordered from them before. I'm wondering if this is their typical email confirmation or is it directly related to what happened this week?

I only came back and read the thread because my order confirmation had some really odd wording in it. Something like this is only an acknowledgement of your order and your order contract is not complete untill we send you another email with shipping info. Made me feel like they weren't sure they had the box and other items I ordered in stock. They charged me for it right away though! I feel antsy and think I may just cancel since my "contract isn't complete".
 I just checked email confirmation for the order I placed  on Monday (which naturally was cancelled), and it had the same wording in it. 

Ohm, the irony... of curse I had told my friends about the box ( but not the stacking) and one of them did order it.

She called me this morning, raving about how GREAT their customer service is! She got cancelled, and was going to reorder this morning, because she got another email for free shipping at $25. 

Which of course didn't show up.

But she called them and they were "so nice" and "very helpful" etc etc, ; told her to order and they would refund. Stayed on the phone with her til the refund showed up, 

I didn't bother to disillusion her. It does sound like they gave her great service. 

They really really really need to get someone competent to manage their website, though.

Back