L'Occitane Sampling Box!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine today and I didn't do stacking. Yes, very cute small hand creams. I wish they will put more of face cream / serum next time.
Can you post photos, please? I'm curious to see the actual sizes. Thank you!

This is available again - code Discover

They cut off all orders once people started stacking codes, didn;t matter if you did or not. 

Shipping was coming up free, but they've fixed that =(

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an adorable box, and good value, (not $60 by any stretch of the imagination, though)  but I don't care for their products enough for it to overcome the tackiness here. 

STILL no word about anything; again, had I not seen it here, I'd have thought I'd be getting my order. Nothing on the website, even. And then to find out they cancelled everyone's order, even if they didn't stack? Nah, bra. Done with you. 

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]I mainly bought from them for my sister, and she can just buy her own from now on. [/SIZE]

Aw... I know some people are feeling a little bummed with the cancellations, but I feel like just the set itself is already a huge deal (especially if you used ebates). I'll personally be buying this again -- consider me "subscribed."

It's too bad they handled it so poorly, but I can understand the cancellations...when it was first posted that they were canceling I thought "Well it was a good try" and was bummed.

I'll game the system when I can, but understand when I get caught. BUT not telling people their orders are being canceled is NOT acceptable, but as long as they refund everyone I get it. 

*Feel free to throw tomatoes at me....I did get my orders  :blush:

It's too bad they handled it so poorly, but I can understand the cancellations...when it was first posted that they were canceling I thought "Well it was a good try" and was bummed.

I'll game the system when I can, but understand when I get caught. BUT not telling people their orders are being canceled is NOT acceptable, but as long as they refund everyone I get it. 

*Feel free to throw tomatoes at me....I did get my orders  :blush:
It's not your fault. It was an awesome deal, and I'm glad at least some people got it!  I have "gamed the system" before, like with the Ulta GWP last week. If Ulta had cancelled my order, I would have been a little disappointed but understood their position. Ulta, however, probably would have at least told me. Still, Ulta honoring the GWP makes me like them more and now I am more likely to shop with them than before. Or Beautybar? I paid $8 with free shipping for a travel sized moisturizer and received a GWP with a rtv of $125. Was it really so much to ask to get $14 in mini hand creams? Cyber Monday is a day of deep discounts and companies offer these discounts to introduce new people to their brand and gain customer loyalty. They failed so hard in that respect. 

No tomatoes, lol! I'm glad you're getting yours!

I'm getting one of mine, the one I didn't stack. I must have gotten in before they realized it.  It is beyond ridiculous that they cancelled the non-stacking orders...they need to update their website, so they can track stuff like that. And to never tell anyone what happened? tacky.

I'm not so much bummed I didn't get the other one, as I am po'd at the way they handled it.

And now the free shipping isn't working?? I darn sure wouldn't have paid more than 15 for this. 

And we all know the margins on these product is HUGE! I would bet they'd still make a little off those orders  <_<

Zoya did that once when one of their promos was working without the minimum buy.  I didn't even realize their was a minimum--I got the code from someone else and had never tried Zoya before.  It just never came, no notification.  Not that it has kept me from throwing money at them anyway :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But who gamed the system? I mean, the stacking wasn't gaming at all, it never said anything about not being able to. 

Now, I gamed it placing two orders, using two accounts, but I wasn't intending to game it. I didn't think it going to two different addresses was the same. 

I would have understood completely if they cancelled it and told me I was wrong to do that. 

It's the not telling me that irritates me, in case y'all hadn't caught on to that yet!   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aw... I know some people are feeling a little bummed with the cancellations, but I feel like just the set itself is already a huge deal (especially if you used ebates). I'll personally be buying this again -- consider me "subscribed."
Same. I think I would have paid an extra 5 bucks for it if all of my orders were canceled, because I'm such a huge fan of their products.

I keep thinking about that airline awhile back that had somehow offered 25 dollar plane tickets. They freaking honored all of them and they were in bankruptcy! Delta, I think?

But who gamed the system? I mean, the stacking wasn't gaming at all, it never said anything about not being able to. 

Now, I gamed it placing two orders, using two accounts, but I wasn't intending to game it. I didn't think it going to two different addresses was the same. 

I would have understood completely if they cancelled it and told me I was wrong to do that. 

It's the not telling me that irritates me, in case y'all hadn't caught on to that yet!   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Stacking is fine on their site, but gaming came into play when the codes stacked on the full value of the set $59 and the sparkle code was only good with a purchase of $45 and the cybermonday code was only good on a purchase of $50. It let us do all that it on a $15 dollar order. 

Long time lurker, joined just to witch about this - will NEVER give L'Occitane my business in person or online (this would have been my very first mail order from them).  It is completely unacceptable to not immediately refund money if for some reason you have to cancel an order. It is completely unacceptable to not inform people that you are canceling their order.  It is marginally unacceptable to cancel people's orders because your programmers made a coding mistake, or more likely, you didn't think through the structure of your promotion.

But most of all, it is downright IDIOTIC to create a huge amount of ill will by behaving this way towards your customers. If you screw up, fulfill the orders you got til you noticed the mistake and highlight your great Customer Service. In the long run your screw up will make loyal customers who will talk you up to everyone they know. This is like a business school exercise in how NOT to act.

A lot of businesses have a policy that they won't honour orders if there was a mistake such as a typo or technical glitch, and I can understand that. But my order followed their rules 100% and they still canceled it and did not contact me about it... so they will not be getting any money from me in the future, which is a shame, because I do enjoy their products. 

Stacking is fine on their site, but gaming came into play when the codes stacked on the full value of the set $59 and the sparkle code was only good with a purchase of $45 and the cybermonday code was only good on a purchase of $50. It let us do all that it on a $15 dollar order. 

I can say with %100 certainty, and probably a great deal of naivete, that I had no idea this was not meant to be done. I guess because most sites will have that "one coupon code per order" thing. 

Pacifica lets me stack, Elizabeth Arden me stack, lots of companies do, and now I am wondering if maybe I cheated them?!

Back