L'Occitane Sampling Box!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say that if it isn't in your order history, they cancelled it. The one I stacked with doesn't show anything, the one I did not stack with shows it, and has shipped. 

It mightily upsets me that I had to learn about the cancellation on a message board.

And they have NOT refunded my money yet, either.

I would at least like to receive an email telling me that they decided to cancel my order and a refund. I have never really tried their products before so I really was using this as a "discovery," but I have no problem never buying anything from them ever again. 

This is pretty annoying.  Shame on them - other sites actually program their sites to limit the # of promo codes and they should have done this instead of cancelling the orders. 

I tend to think that they are abiding by their very own stated rules. One box per person. Although it appears they are targeting the stacked codes also.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like all my orders got cancelled  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I didn't not stack codes or anything like that. I did get a carried away and placed 4 orders  :blush:  , but they cancelled all of them. Come on L'Occitane you could shipped one!

candes, on 02 Dec 2014 - 9:59 PM, said:I tend to think that they are abiding by their very own stated rules. One box per person. Not to say that the stacked codes aren't being taken care of also.
I'm pretty rules-oriented but here's the thing... if those are your rules then program your site so that they comply with the stated rules well before someone checks out.  

I can see the multiple orders thing. I did order 2; one with my moms card, one with mine, because she is helping me stuff my nieces stockings. 

I figured it wasn't the same since it was going to two people, but I can see where they could be strict about that.

The codes, I dunno, that doesn't seem right. Get someone to write a program so codes can't be stacked and SAY SO on the site. Maybe it did and I didn't notice, but that's another reason to fix the site so it just can't happen. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally codes CAN be stacked, and I've done it a lot in the past, but this is a special case.

They do allow for stacking, I think the problem is that they stacked with the full value of the set $59 not the true cost of $15. It was a glitch on their end. It's rumored to be back up for $15 on Thursday and not combineable with other offers. 

Mine is scheduled to be delivered today! I hope you are right sarap and that anyone whose order was cancelled has another chance to grab one.

mine was cancelled and I only know because i got a paypal refund.  I paid with paypal for one of them and a cc for the other.  No word on the cc one.  I do see that they did an authorization charge to my account for $1 twice.  D=

I received mine today and the packaging is adorable!  The hand creams are really small but a nice way to sample the different scents.  I look forward to their next collaboration.  (As an FYI, I had not stacked codes for this purchase).

What has made me decide to not do business anymore is that I had to find out about it here. Just when in the heck were they going to tell us our orders were cancelled and we'd need to reorder?

I sent them an email and their reply didn't say word one about multiple orders or stacking. They said they had a technical glitch. ( which I assume is that the one code didn't use the sale price of the box and triggered the gift card and lotion set) 

I feel like they weren't going to say anything at all. Or maybe announce it on the website, when they put the box back up for sale. Which means many people won't/wouldn't have known their order was cancelled unless they check the site every day. 

I have yet to get a message about it; I'd have never known had I not seen it here. That's just tacky. 

@@JolieFleurs - You're absolutely right, that is really poor customer service.  I am still hopeful that the Company will be able to honor the orders with an equivalent type of item.  If not, they will lose a lot of customers. I had this happen to me with Hammacher Schlemmer and I've never been back (going on 3 years now).

Back