Loose Button US

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am wondering how they will handle shipping. Having a friend who owns a business from Canada and knowing the shipping cost (I think she has said close to $3 just to send a small letter to the US), they can't be making that much money. When I ship to Canada, there is NO WAY to track it. If it is the same from Canada to the US and some get lost, they might end up losing more than it's worth.

Has anyone else had trouble signing up for this one?  I tried to sign up yesterday, but it would not take my card.  I will try again today.  Today is the last day of my invitation, and I don't want to miss it. 

This will be my first Canadian beauty box.  Hey, this means that we can swap with box recipients from Canada.  This will be fun!  : )

I ended up signing up for the. I figured I'd give it a try since I canceled my glossybox subscription.

Has anyone else had trouble signing up for this one?  I tried to sign up yesterday, but it would not take my card.  I will try again today.  Today is the last day of my invitation, and I don't want to miss it. 
Did you already have an account? I did (must have created one when I signed up to be notified when it was available in the US I guess) and it wouldn't let me place my order. I kept getting a message that the payment couldn't be processed and to contact customer support. I did and heard back from them within a few hours. Apparently my account was processing the payment through the Canadian payment section. They fixed it right away and I was able to sign up without a problem after that.

I am not even tempted. I think a box is really going to have kick it up and be different to get me these days.
moon.gif
(no reason to use this smiley except it is fuuunny)

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am wondering how they will handle shipping. Having a friend who owns a business from Canada and knowing the shipping cost (I think she has said close to $3 just to send a small letter to the US), they can't be making that much money. When I ship to Canada, there is NO WAY to track it. If it is the same from Canada to the US and some get lost, they might end up losing more than it's worth.
I send mail to Canada a lot, regular letter/card sized mail is 2 stamps. I don't know if stamps cost more in Canada, but the letters I get back usually just have 2 stamps on them as well. 

I send mail and packages to New Zealand all the time and a letter has never been more than $1.85US. A  regular sized package is less than $10US.  I can't imagine it being more for mail exchange between the US and Canada! That would be nuts!!

I think its cute that at the end of the video it says, first stop: USA 

I also requested an invite and will sign up as soon as I get it 

I just realized Im on the Late Show, you guys posted about this an entire week ago! Agh well, I hope I get an invite but I guess I wont be holding my breath for one .. bummer !

My invite code expired. I just wasn't really tempted by the boxes I've seen from them. I'll see how it goes with you guys.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just realized Im on the Late Show, you guys posted about this an entire week ago! Agh well, I hope I get an invite but I guess I wont be holding my breath for one .. bummer !
I don't think you'll have any problems.  I requested an invite a few days ago and got one the next morning.  Signed up for two seasons, not that I need more sample boxes.  But we all know that doesn't stop any of us! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I requested an invite last night and received one tonight, but I keep getting server errors when I try to sign up!  Very frustrating.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I requested an invite last night and received one tonight, but I keep getting server errors when I try to sign up!  Very frustrating.
I had trouble paying when I tried to sign up, and had entered all my billing information three times before I gave up.  Two days later, and after my invitation had expired, I went back to the site to try again, and all my billing info was on the site under my account info, but I couldn't tell if I would be getting a box or what.  So, I sent an email to customer service and received an automatic 'thank you for your email' response.  Then, two days later (today) I received two emails.  The first was a receipt for my payment.  And, the second was a nice email from Angela at Loose Button Support, saying that I had signed up but there had been something wrong, and that she re-ran the payment and I was signed up and ready to go.

I included all this info to let you know that maybe a lot of the U.S. payments bounce back, but if you email customer service, they can help you.  Also, they honored my invitation after it had expired, so maybe they will honor yours. too, if you email them.

I'm getting a Luxe Box!  Woo hoo!

I decided against joining. Especially now that I'm subscribed to the must have bag, it's just too much money a month on things i wouldn't necessarily buy myself........... I need to cut down if anything. =/

I'll have a go at it for one season. I feel like first boxes would "wow" so that they get more customers.

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll have a go at it for one season. I feel like first boxes would "wow" so that they get more customers.
I finally managed to sign up, and I decided to go for both boxes.  The first one is probably going to be great, but the second will be the real test if they open signups for subscriptions (rather than the non-recurring option they're offering now) after the first box goes out.

(As a side note, my error messages were when I was trying to just pick one or two seasons.  I couldn't even get to the part where I was supposed to enter shipping/billing information.  Customer Service never did get back to me about an alternate method of signing up, but whatever the problem was went away, so whatever.)

Was able to sign up just now 
ura.gif
 I am looking forward to this one, according to the website it ships in September. Hopefully the 1st week in September. And I requested a fragrance free box. If this one is great, I may go ahead and keep it. 

I only have BB (2 accounts) and Sample Society right now as beauty box subscriptions, and QVC TestTube (which I skipped this month) so at this point, I feel I can justify getting this one 
pfeif.gif

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ura.gif
 I am looking forward to this one, according to the website it ships in September. Hopefully the 1st week in September. And I requested a fragrance free box. If this one is great, I may go ahead and keep it. 

I only have BB (2 accounts) and Sample Society right now as beauty box subscriptions, and QVC TestTube (which I skipped this month) so at this point, I feel I can justify getting this one 
pfeif.gif
I just found the info on their website about requesting a fragrance free box but I'm undecided if I want to do that or not.  

I also signed up today because first boxes always get me, I was subscription #10 to Glossybox!

Originally Posted by YoungHopes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ura.gif

pfeif.gif

I just found the info on their website about requesting a fragrance free box but I'm undecided if I want to do that or not.  

I also signed up today because first boxes always get me, I was subscription #10 to Glossybox!

Yea, I only did the first box for Glossybox. I dont think the rest have been so great.

I have high hopes for this one. Plus, with 7 or 8 samples in the box, the odds are good that I will get something I like.

The brands I see listed on their website are:

Benefit

Cargo

Philosophy

Cheeky Monkey

She Uemura

Stila

DKNY

Laura Mercier

Panty By Post

Kerastase

DDF