Makeup packaging

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a sucker for cute packaging and sometimes buy it just because it's cute. I picked up a set of lip glosses just because the containers looked like little cupcakes. Ironic part is I don't use them but instead gave them away to my nieces and step daughter, but I did keep the one that had a rose shaped top...lol I've even went looking for makeup that had cute packaging but sometimes to no avail..*sighs* i know cute doesn't always equate a great product but I can't help myself, it's an addiction fed even more from being a member here...I get to blame all of you and the other half just smiles at me.

For me it's both. It's a big deal when you have A-listers sit in your chair, especially American A-listers. The down side of this is, is sticky fingers like on a music video shoot...

I love how back in the day cosmetic companies regularly had awesome packaging.  I collect those compacts from the 40's and 50's.  While I love that some companies will still do really pretty packaging that compares, it is usually as a limited edition and seemingly double the price of the similar makeup product alone. 

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love how back in the day cosmetic companies regularly had awesome packaging.  I collect those compacts from the 40's and 50's.  While I love that some companies will still do really pretty packaging that compares, it is usually as a limited edition and seemingly double the price of the similar makeup product alone. 
What a cool thing to collect! I checked out your blog to see if you had a post with pictures of your collection but didn't find one. You should totally make one or post pictures in the MUT forums! I'd love to see them!

Here is a couple items I bought recently and keep on my dresser, both have the makeup still in them! I haven't dug up the rest since my move, but you got me thinking that I should!

Here is a couple items I bought recently and keep on my dresser, both have the makeup still in them! I haven't dug up the rest since my move, but you got me thinking that I should!
Those are gorgeous! What era are these from?

Thank you so much for sharing photos! They're soooo pretty!!!

I still have a gold crab (zodiac) powder compact I received as a gift in High School.  The powder stunk, but I've never been able to throw away the compact because the packaging was so beautiful.  

It's in storage though, so I don't remember who it's by, Estee Lauder maybe?  I recall the powder being full of sparkles in a translucent powder though.  

Quality is the most important factor in choosing a product. I don't care about packaging as long as it's sturdy and not too bulky. I'd probably choose something practical over something big, heavy, and elaborate. For example, I love the flat, magnetized cases that TheBalm products come in. They're easy to carry around and still super cute!

Originally Posted by Mystica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still have a gold crab (zodiac) powder compact I received as a gift in High School.  The powder stunk, but I've never been able to throw away the compact because the packaging was so beautiful.  

It's in storage though, so I don't remember who it's by, Estee Lauder maybe?  I recall the powder being full of sparkles in a translucent powder though.  
It is probably Dubarry (same as my compact).  They did a zodiac line.  and it is probably the same product as well.

Originally Posted by smashinbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes it is the packaging... how can you resist this? 

OMG... WHERE did you get that? What's the cosmetic line? I MUST HAVE IT!

Back