Makeup packaging

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Code:
 [B][COLOR=#ff0000]They are both really important.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]First the product quality is essential for performance and results[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Second packaging is a reflection of personality and taste[/COLOR][/B]

Etude House is super hit in Asia. People queue up to enter the store and spend money. They are not the best but worth the price. I looooove their cute hand creams!!

I've tried many Etude House products and I must say that while the packaging is cute...the product inside isn't that great. 

I have to admit that I am drawn to products based on cute or pretty packaging. It is not enough that I would buy a product if I had read too many reviews that indicate that the product is complete rubbish. However, if it is something that has been well reviewed AND it has great packaging then I am definitely all in. I am a sucker for a limited edition eyeshadow palette. Things like that get me almost every time. It's really quite interesting what will entice us to buy one product versus another. Thanks for thinking of such a thought provoking question.

I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging and if I'm set on getting it other's negative reviews won't sway me away. The only thing is... if the price is way off... then I'd most likely put it down... and just lust after it and hope for it to go on sale...

There can be a lot of things that can make me buy a product. If it has bright colorful pretty packaging I am way more likely to pick it up and have a look see. I also love when I see that a makeup brand advertises right on the box that they don't test on animals. That's a huge plus for me! Brand name really doesn't matter to me. If it a product I'm in love with I will continue to buy it but I won't buy something just because it's Urban Decay or just because it's Tarte (for example). I really like to look up reviews on my phone for a product that I'm interested in before I buy it, espically a pricey one! I really like when certain brands have sampler kits to, that way I can find my favorite products by them. I recently just found my two new favs by Benefit that way. I now currently in love with High Beam Highlighter by Benefit and That Girl primer by Benefit. Amazing stuff right there!

I am often drawn to pretty packaging.  However, I will take a look to make sure it is a quality product inside.  Too Faced often gets me in this area with some of their holiday kits.  In the past I have purchased Too Faced makeup with girlie pictures of swans, fairies, Paris etc.  It is good makeup that I use from time to time, but I probably wouldn't have looked in to it had the packaging not been so adorable.

Also, if I don't like the packaging it can deter me from getting/using a product.  I bought a Tarte lipstick that I like, however it bothers me to look at the (what I consider) ugly design on the tube.  I wish it were just plain.

I got sucked in by the beautiful, bronze Hourglass packaging. Haven't decided on the products yet, but I do feel very pampered & opulent!

Have you seen the Disney palettes at Sephora...somehow I must have missed these but got an email today from Sephora announcing the release of the Jasmine palette (as well as other things).  I have always been a nut for Disney and these have lovely packaging.  Gorgeous shades in the palette ($55) too, as well as lots of other coordinating products like a pretty compact/mirror ($20)  There is also a Cinderella line as well.  Just absolutely beautiful in every way.  

Had to WALK AWAY from my computer.  I so do not need another eyeshadow, even a single at this point...especially at $55 a pop!!  Then I started thinking I would probably  not want to even USE this, to keep it in pristine condition.  So $75 for each set of palette and compact and I wouldn't even want to use them.

Thank God for willpower...

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you seen the Disney palettes at Sephora...somehow I must have missed these but got an email today from Sephora announcing the release of the Jasmine palette (as well as other things).  I have always been a nut for Disney and these have lovely packaging.  Gorgeous shades in the palette ($55) too, as well as lots of other coordinating products like a pretty compact/mirror ($20)  There is also a Cinderella line as well.  Just absolutely beautiful in every way.  

Had to WALK AWAY from my computer.  I so do not need another eyeshadow, even a single at this point...especially at $55 a pop!!  Then I started thinking I would probably  not want to even USE this, to keep it in pristine condition.  So $75 for each set of palette and compact and I wouldn't even want to use them.

Thank God for willpower...
I saw the new Jasmine palette and really wanted it. Then I looked at my Cinderella palette... it has yet to be swatched.... so I don't think I'm going to be buying the Jasmine palette unless it goes on sale. Now, the compact... maybe.

Those compacts are gorgeous...I would love to have a compact collection, especially with some really old ones so I may talk myself into those 
wub.gif

People usually first get attracted on the packaging.It automatically tempts to get that product & wish to try it. :cool:

Back