Makeup packaging

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been wanting to try Jill Stuart since forever ago! But I just can't choose between Jill Stuart and Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée. The only two brands that i actually want based on packaging. I know for a fact that I'm going to buy one or the other as a bday gift to myself next month. 
DAT Rose Petal Blush. I remember seeing some website that sells Japanese cosmetics had this for $170. Not something I would buy but I doubt anyone who bought it would want to use it. lol

Love Love Jill Stuart and Canmake (a Japanese drugstore brand) made pretty good dupes with cute packaging (but feels like cheap flimsy plastic), not as elegant as JS's packaging though.

I look for both name and packaging. A popular brand is popular for a reason. If it was crap, no one would buy it. Plus, I'm a makeup junky!-
smilehappyyes.gif

I find that some people DO buy crap, it they are overly label conscious. I rarely have anything but lip products or finishing powder (which is loose minerals I mix to my preference so in a puff jar) with me so packaging doesn't matter. No one sees the makeup in my bathroom except the DH and he wouldn't know high end from Wet and Wild, lol. I buy what works for me as long as the packaging is functional.

Packaging may grab my eye, but the product has to be good for me to actually buy it. However, a great product in cute packaging is perfect!

I can't resist gimmicky stuff! Like bouncy blush or one sweep eyeshadow. Stuff like that.

OMG.. That Paul and joe cat makeup is adorable. I just looked some up on eBay and there is some still there, but the lipstick is $40.00. Ouch!!!! I am a sucker for packaging. I always fall for the hello kitty at sephora and physicians formula at the drugstore, but their products are mediocre at best.

I admit - 80% of the reason I bought UD's 2012 Feminine palette was because of the beautiful faded purple with the black lace overlay going on!

Really bad packaging might deter me from buying something but as long as its not horrendously cheap and ugly I'm pretty indifferent. Really nice packaging does not make me want to buy a product more.

I guess I will have to say both! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but of course I have to check if the colors suit me too, but it´s hard not to fall in love of a lovely packaging. My latest buy was the Rouge pure shine from YSL and, besides the color, love the packaging and the brand! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If I go for packaging, my fave is Lioele... I absolutely love their BB Cream and the packaging is kinda like Cinderella with the little carriage on it and it's just so pretty and girlie... I love the quality of the products too. They can be found on prettyandcute.com.

I'm like a moth to a flame when it comes to retro or vintage-style packaging. Super girly packaging tends to turn me off, unless the product has received amazing reviews.

Actively tacky-looking packaging (like Milani's) is a big turn-off as well.

And although it shouldn't, it does often affect how I see the makeup itself. It's hard to separate the two when you always look at the packaging as you apply the product.

One thing that frustrates me about Soap and Glory, though, is that the outer box is always vintage-y, and yet the inner product is typically plain and hot pink. I wouldn't call it a switcher-oo, but I'm not sure why they put more effort into the packaging you throw away than the one you keep on your counter for weeks or months.

Not gonna lie sometimes I am more likely to buy a product because of the packaging, but that's just the graphic designer in me. Benefit's packaging always pulls me in but I also love their products.

packaging will attract my glare , then if the content is good , i definitely will buy.

if there are 2 packages with silimar quality , the pretty one will win

I don't usually pick up something just for packaging, but a nice quality/looking container is a bonus. If the product has poor packaging then it might deter me unless it can be easily depotted.

Etude house has some really cute packaging, though not enough to make me actually purchase it.

Originally Posted by Vintageloli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't usually pick up something just for packaging, but a nice quality/looking container is a bonus. If the product has poor packaging then it might deter me unless it can be easily depotted.

Etude house has some really cute packaging, though not enough to make me actually purchase it.

Love the lipstick packaging!!! How is the quality?

Has anyone tried their makeup?

Back