Mother's Day GlossyBox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish they'd send a spoiler. My mom now gets Birchbox, but she's been meh, on it, and at almost 70 I don't want to get her something that is not going to be useful for her. 
I completely feel you! I hope they show the spoilers soon. I'm just impatient in general and would like to see what's in the box and if it's suitable for my mom. My mother is in her mid 60s so she doesn't need crazy makeup. She focuses more on skincare and then I would say very neutral makeup. 

Originally Posted by Dahnie Coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I completely feel you! I hope they show the spoilers soon. I'm just impatient in general and would like to see what's in the box and if it's suitable for my mom. My mother is in her mid 60s so she doesn't need crazy makeup. She focuses more on skincare and then I would say very neutral makeup. 
Yep, my mom was never into makeup early in her life, and now that she's got more time, I think she's enjoying playing with it.  She wouldn't wear anything crazy, although I caught her in some wild pinks. If this doesn't work out, Starlooks is offering a Mother's Day lipstick package and I may get her that, in pink:)

Looks like the contents is up. Thoughts? Looks like a high value box. Still thinking whether it would suit my mama!

Originally Posted by Yallah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like the contents is up. Thoughts? Looks like a high value box. Still thinking whether it would suit my mama!

That looks like a wicked fab box! My mom won't like it but I would! I wonder if the Benetint and mascara are full-sized. What do you think ladies?

So I quickly placed an order on the box because I had this overwhelming fear that it might sell out soon, especially since the contents are so good.

Do you ladies remember that Glossybox/DailyCandy box that was $59? That box was sold out in less than a day! I regretted not purchasing that box immediately. There was a full-sized SK-II essence in that box, too! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, my mom was never into makeup early in her life, and now that she's got more time, I think she's enjoying playing with it.  She wouldn't wear anything crazy, although I caught her in some wild pinks. If this doesn't work out, Starlooks is offering a Mother's Day lipstick package and I may get her that, in pink:)
That's adorable! I hope when I reach our mothers' age, I'll still be experimenting with colors like wild pinks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am so happy about this box. I almost squealed out loud when I saw the Benetint. I want it so bad and almost bought it a couple of days ago. So glad I waited.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree our fur babies are our children.
So true! I never understood the whole animal attachment some people get until I got my two puppies. Now my husband is always rolling his eyes at me. I treat them like they are my kids. They are spoiled rotten.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so happy about this box. I almost squealed out loud when I saw the Benetint. I want it so bad and almost bought it a couple of days ago. So glad I waited.
I was excited, too! I sure hope it's full-sized. *crosses fingers*

Originally Posted by Yallah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like a good box!

Originally Posted by Dahnie Coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I quickly placed an order on the box because I had this overwhelming fear that it might sell out soon, especially since the contents are so good.

Do you ladies remember that Glossybox/DailyCandy box that was $59? That box was sold out in less than a day! I regretted not purchasing that box immediately. There was a full-sized SK-II essence in that box, too! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I missed that one!

I bought one for my mom before I knew the contents. I think she'll like just about everything so I'm happy. I wish I could afford one for me!

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So true! I never understood the whole animal attachment some people get until I got my two puppies. Now my husband is always rolling his eyes at me. I treat them like they are my kids. They are spoiled rotten.
Lol, I totally get you my cat is 8 years old yet I still call her kitty and she is definitely a spoiled diva.

I don't think the biolage hair oil was in the original picture. Maybe that's why they took it down and reposted it. I could be wrong.

Oh and GB on FB said all the products are deluxe sized except the polish so they are NOT full size as pictured. I think that throws people off.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought one for my mom before I knew the contents. I think she'll like just about everything so I'm happy. I wish I could afford one for me!
Aww sorry to hear that! Maybe you will be able to find it on ebay afterwards.

Here's the curator's comment on Facebook!

• Polly Blitzer Wolkstein Hey friends! As the curator for this box, I can vouch that everything is fantastic - and all favorites based on 14 years as a beauty editor - tried & true!!! It includes Essie polish, Aveda Stress Fix Body Lotion, Biolage ExquisiteOil hair treatment, Benefit Benetint, By Terry rose skincare and more!
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · 2 minutes ago

I was just logging on from my tablet to share the spoilers but happily you all were on it as well!

Hmm, I just noticed that when they re-posted the photo with the Biolage, they also added the comment that "all products except nail polish are deluxe sized." 

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, I just noticed that when they re-posted the photo with the Biolage, they also added the comment that "all products except nail polish are deluxe sized." 
Think I missed something as I'm not 100% sure what that means. Is everything but the nail polish regular size or a deluxe sample size?

I'll pass, looks a little lackluster to me. I hated the Biolage Exquisite Oil they sent a few months ago and I am obsessed with hair oils it just didn't do anything for me. Did anyone else like it? I guessing it got some positive reviews for them to feature it in this box. Maybe people with thinner hair textures who don't like heavier oils appreciate it.

Back