Mother's Day GlossyBox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how many more times they are going to switch items before the boxes ship. I am keeping mine since I know my Mom an MIL will enjoy these items but I am reconsidering the box I ordered for me.

I think the photography might cause a lot of cancellations too because to ME the Essie Geranium looks orange. I google imaged it and apparently it's bright RED. It's not orange at all. The only thing that was causing me hesitation is that they were only sending out that color and my mom would not love an orange, but red is totally cool with her.

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah - they received a lot of hate on their social media websites because they changed and didn't mention anything in "public". the women on the face book channel are cray cray. 

its nice they sent out an email though now. i ended up cancelling.
OMG, I shouldn't have looked at the FB dramaz. I can't believe GB had the nerve to say that they ran out of the first box and that's why they changed items in the box on FB. Then they send the email that the contents have changed outright. Which is it GB?!?!? Please get your stories straight.

I am so glad I decided to go with the Birchbox Superwoman box for my mom for mother's day instead. The slightly higher price is worth it in the long run for me just because I know birchbox has done many limited edition boxes and has their crap together unlike Glossybox. It's a shame, I was really considering giving them my money, but they always remind me why that is a bad idea.

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Once again, Glossybox cannot manage their inventory.  They try to do several promos/boxes at once and end up running out of stock.  Seriously, who is steering the ship at that place?!    
Sigh, I guess I ought not to be surprised... GB just keeps messing up and it's like they learn nothing from past disasters. As much as I adore their products, it's gotten to the point that the inmates appear to be running the GlossyBox Asylum.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got notice my Mother's Day Box has shipped to my mom! Woot!!!!
That's great, I always worry about their shipping.

I received my box today. I was going to cancel after the item changes, but I ended up keeping it. Hopefully, I like the products that I didn't already receive in past boxes. Item sizes and a couple of quick pictures under the spoiler.

Pretty packaging. 

Matrix Exquisite Oil Replenishing Treatment - 1.5 oz

By Terry Creme de Rose - 0.14 oz

Colorproof Crazy Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner - 2 oz

Estee Lauder Extreme Lash - 0.1 oz

Modelco Cheek + Lip Tint - Full size

Essie Polish in Geranium - Full size

Originally Posted by Soxi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my box today. I was going to cancel after the item changes, but I ended up keeping it. Hopefully, I like the products that I didn't already receive in past boxes. Item sizes and a couple of quick pictures under the spoiler.

Pretty packaging. 

Thanks for the pic! I think my mom will really enjoy that box!

Thanks for the pic! I think my mom will really enjoy that box!
No problem! I hope she loves it. 

Originally Posted by Soxi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty packaging. 

Thanks for posting! I know my Mom and MIL will love the boxes.

My mom got her box today and she LOVES it!!! I know my mom so well. LOL

She's happy and will use everything. The nail polish IS red, not orange like the picture. I was relieved about that.

Big thumbs up for a great box AND getting it to her before Mother's Day!

My mom got her box today and she LOVES it!!! I know my mom so well. LOL

She's happy and will use everything. The nail polish IS red, not orange like the picture. I was relieved about that.

Big thumbs up for a great box AND getting it to her before Mother's Day!
That's great! I hope my mom loves hers too.

I got my box yesterday!! I did a review of it on my YouTube channel. Fun stuff!! My favorite item would have to be the nail polish or the mascara & love the hair oil too!

Back