Mother's Day GlossyBox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ladies for the info! I am SO, SO, SO disappointed in them for changing the contents of the box over and over again. I was most excited for the Benetint and despite it being a deluxe sample size and not a full size item in the box, I still didn't cancel my order. That's how much I wanted the Benetint!

Now that I see that there is no longer Benetint in the box, I sent them an email just now and told them I want to cancel my order. I hope it goes through. If it doesn't, then I'll give them a call on Monday. I don't want to call them just now because it's almost 5pm Eastern.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will be ok for my Mom and MIL since they don't have it but not for me. That is shady on their part how many times have they changed the box and now it looks like they have one less item then the box they first announced. Who knows if theyre going to change it again.
I agree it's fine for my mom, but I would be pissed if I had ordered one for myself! It may be a whole freaking different box by the time it gets to my mom! They need to stop changing the items!!!!

Originally Posted by Yallah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like the contents is up. Thoughts? Looks like a high value box. Still thinking whether it would suit my mama!

Does anyone know what the ByTerry and Aveda products are? I know they've since changed the contents, but I'd like to know what the original products were. Thanks!

Originally Posted by pookiebear81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know what the ByTerry and Aveda products are?
the aveda product was removed and replaced with a Model Co. Lip/Cheek Tint. and I think the By Terry is a Rose Creme. they changed up the box since that photo. they removed the benetint product as well. 

Does anyone know what the ByTerry and Aveda products are? I know they've since changed the contents, but I'd like to know what the original products were. Thanks!
The Aveda was Stress Fix body lotion.  I think.

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the aveda product was removed and replaced with a Model Co. Lip/Cheek Tint. and I think the By Terry is a Rose Creme. they changed up the box since that photo. they removed the benetint product as well. 
Yes, I know the Aveda was removed. I am sending GB an email stating that I want to cancel my order if they cannot guarantee I receive the products as advertised when I ordered it. I wanted to list those items in my email, but I wasn't sure of the Aveda and By Terry products. Thanks for your reply!

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I caved and bought one for myself.  I just couldn't say no to the ByTerry.  
Originally Posted by Antidentite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder how big the byterry is?? I love creme de rose but it is sooo expensive
Me three on the ByTerry.  I love that stuff.  It feels so luxe and the rose smell is light and fresh rather than overpowering like some other rose products can be to me.  I was super excited to get another ByTerry product, I think in Sample society, the Clarte de Rose Firming Radiant-Lift Eye Serum but I had a crazy reaction and it puffed up my eyes really bad.  Maybe I'll use it on my husband, lol.  Can't let a good product go to waste just because I'm sensitive to it, darn it!

If anyone finds out the size of the ByTerry product, can you let us know?  I'm assuming it'll be the same size that we got in our Birchboxes a while back, which, while small goes a long way surprisingly.  

That was quick. I emailed them to cancel my order and not 5 minutes later received a response back confirming my cancellation and refunding me the cost. I wonder if they are getting a lot of cancellation requests because of the change in contents they originally promoted. 

I haven't ordered yet because while I love the byTerry, I was really looking forward to the Benetint and now who knows what's going on. I don't love that they are changing things up after people have ordered without an explanation, apology, or offering for people to opt out after representing that those certain products would be featured, especially since it's for a gift box, those things are important to know. I was one of the ones affected by the Man Repeller box switch up, I was so hoping for at least one red lipstick and so ordered 3 and ended up with 3 identical Tarte blushes. Which rock, by the way, and are great for gifts, but I was so coveting the red lipsticks and disappointed by the switcheroo. I was one of Glossybox's first customers and thought that I'd get at least one lipstick . . . oh well, the rest of the box worked for me for my gift box stash, lots of good stuff to use in making care packages. Thanks for keeping us updated you guys and please let us know how things go for you. Depending on how they handle it, I may still order, we'll see.

That was quick. I emailed them to cancel my order and not 5 minutes later received a response back confirming my cancellation and refunding me the cost. I wonder if they are getting a lot of cancellation requests because of the change in contents they originally promoted. 
wow really? i still havent gotten back a reply. did you send them an email through the glossybox contact page on their website?

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow really? i still havent gotten back a reply. did you send them an email through the glossybox contact page on their website?
No, I didn't go through their contact page on their website, just a direct email to [email protected]

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Aveda was Stress Fix body lotion.  I think.
I was really looking forward to that.

I guess they're having a ton of cancellations due to the switch up - I just got an email stating that they switched some items and that if I wanted to cancel for a refund I could. The more I think about it - the more I think I will cancel this box after all.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess they're having a ton of cancellations due to the switch up - I just got an email stating that they switched some items and that if I wanted to cancel for a refund I could. The more I think about it - the more I think I will cancel this box after all.

yeah - they received a lot of hate on their social media websites because they changed and didn't mention anything in "public". the women on the face book channel are cray cray. 

its nice they sent out an email though now. i ended up cancelling.

Once again, Glossybox cannot manage their inventory.  They try to do several promos/boxes at once and end up running out of stock.  Seriously, who is steering the ship at that place?!    

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Once again, Glossybox cannot manage their inventory.  They try to do several promos/boxes at once and end up running out of stock.  Seriously, who is steering the ship at that place?!    
I know, right? And offloading extra stock from last month's GB as one of the switched items. But... I did get an email saying I was refunded after emailing this morning. So, at least they're being prompt about that part.

Back