Mother's Day GlossyBox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Alexia561 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Think I missed something as I'm not 100% sure what that means. Is everything but the nail polish regular size or a deluxe sample size?
I think it means that the nail polish is full size and everything else is deluxe size. 

I interpret that statement as meaning all of the items are deluxe size, not full size, except for the nail polish which is full size.

I think I'm going to skip this one. I know my mom would not like the nail polish, and she doesn't color her hair. I'm tempted, because I use a different version of Colorproof, and the set goes for 60$ at my salon, even deluxe samples would be nice. On the other hand, I think i'm one of the few people Benetint looks awful on.  I think Starlooks set it is (for Mom) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It looks like the Essie Nail Polish is full size and the rest are deluxe samples! Im super happy with purchasing this. 

I'm disappointed to hear that the Benetint is not a full-sized item. I hope at least that it's not the same sample size that Birchbox sent out. I hope that it's at least the 0.13 ounce size. Check out the spoilers for size comparisons:

This sample is 0.08 ounce. Some people received this in their Birchboxes. I got a free sample of this version from Sephora.

This other sample size is 0.13 ounce. You can usually buy this one in a trio set.

A full-sized Benetint is 0.42 ounce. I found this picture for size comparisons. High Beam is actually 0.45 ounce but you can get the gist of what the sample sized Benetint would look like next to a full-sized one.

Bought one for my mom. I hope the Essie has some color variations!

Okay, so I might be the only one on the planet that feels this way, but I actually really like "deluxe sized" samples. I really like fresh makeup and other beauty products...the product doesn't deteriorate due to age, goop up around the cap, etc. Plus I have so many beauty products that I like being able to finish up a sample and start something new that I've been meaning to try. They're also easier to store and just so cute. Of course full sized products provide more value for your money and all, but secretly I almost prefer the sample sizes...I do hate foil packets of multi-use products though.

Originally Posted by Dahnie Coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm disappointed to hear that the Benetint is not a full-sized item. I hope at least that it's not the same sample size that Birchbox sent out. I hope that it's at least the 0.13 ounce size. Check out the spoilers for size comparisons:

This sample is 0.08 ounce. Some people received this in their Birchboxes. I got a free sample of this version from Sephora.

This other sample size is 0.13 ounce. You can usually buy this one in a trio set.

A full-sized Benetint is 0.42 ounce. I found this picture for size comparisons. High Beam is actually 0.45 ounce but you can get the gist of what the sample sized Benetint would look like next to a full-sized one.

I hope it is the bigger size also. It is the one thing I am most excited about.

Originally Posted by Dahnie Coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The website now isn't even showing it anymore

new updated picture as well:

the terry and aveda are in the deluxe sizes, the oil and mascra look deluxe now and no benefit.

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the terry and aveda are in the deluxe sizes, the oil and mascra look deluxe now and no benefit.

Ha, it's not getting better...

That kinda makes me angry.

Definitely annoyed here--I called and canceled the box.  I just got a confirming email that they're refunding me. 

They removed the pics of the Mothers day box from their FB and changed the contents of the box again.

oh hell no. im canceling. i already have the model co. no bueno - they need to make up their minds and not resale stuff they have put in their boxes before. 

I will be ok for my Mom and MIL since they don't have it but not for me. That is shady on their part how many times have they changed the box and now it looks like they have one less item then the box they first announced. Who knows if theyre going to change it again.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will be ok for my Mom and MIL since they don't have it but not for me. That is shady on their part how many times have they changed the box and now it looks like they have one less item then the box they first announced. Who knows if theyre going to change it again.
agreed. i was purchasing this for myself for a nice mother's day gift. if this was for my mom or mother in law it would be nice but not for myself. 

agreed. i was purchasing this for myself for a nice mother's day gift. if this was for my mom or mother in law it would be nice but not for myself. 
I already ordered all 3 so oh well I guess I will just regift that item, I used the code to get a free zoya so if I do get it I will be happy.

Back