PopSugar Holiday for Her 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'd rather order a couple of the Birchbox LE's since they tell you what is in the box. I can understand keeping the NM contents more hush-hush but for something like this (especially with all the PS issues recently) I would rather get some possibly less-nice things but know exactly what I'm ordering.

FWIW - I loved last year's fall LE box, used everything in it (either for myself or a great gift for a friend).  But this year's "fall" box - terrible.  Most everything is still sitting on my swap board.  So even though I loved last years holiday LE box too - I don't think that's a good barometer anymore.  The curation just isn't there like it used to be, sadly.  

Do the LE boxes usually sell out before full spoilers come out? I know this Fall's box did. 100 dollars is a gamble (not as bad as 250 for the NM box at least). I know that these boxes usually contain about 6 items unlike the NG Quarterly which contains around 12. I buy that box without spoilers since there is a larger variety and more opportunity to like something and gift items that I'm not crazy about.

After the disappointment with PS CS, the fall box, the NM box and the last two monthly and even with the though of missing out on a fantastic box I know my money in safer in my bank account then on this box....

I would usually be all over anything holiday themed, but I can't gamble $100 away.

To buy or not to buy ?? To gift or not to gift ?? So confused if I want to take the plunge with this especially after being so underwhelmed with my NM box !

I ended up getting one. So far with the LE the value has always been there for me even if I didn't love all the items. It's just the right fit for me. Instead, I cancelled my monthly subscription and from now on, I'll only buy those in case the spoilers look good and the box is still available.

I ended up getting one. So far with the LE the value has always been there for me even if I didn't love all the items. It's just the right fit for me. Instead, I cancelled my monthly subscription and from now on, I'll only buy those in case the spoilers look good and the box is still available.
That's the exact same thing I'm doing. I like all the LE boxes, but just most of the monthly ones.

Maybe it's just me but I've noticed when we have le boxes the next box usually has a similar or a similar item. Like mm had a blue wallet clutch whatever and this month we're getting a blue wallet bag thing. So I don't exactly see the point in paying the 100 when you're probably going to get the something hella similar next month. But that's just me

Hmm.... ya know, I had to look up what was in last year's holiday box. Out of all the special edition boxes...last year's holiday box was probably my least favorite. In fact the only items I used from that box were the pretzels & the lotion. I traded everything else! Like everyone else, I'd probably have to see a spoiler before pulling the trigger. Life is so hard sometimes, you guys :p

I caved. I said I wouldn't get the Holiday box this year, but here I am, i caved. LOL. 

I honestly, will be 90% chance be thrilled with it. And I have too many ladies to shop for this year, so hopefully what ever I don't use in this box, I'll be able to use as gifts. 

I'm hoping for a nice bracelet or necklace, either a luxe nail polish, and some nice home item (I'd even settle for a candle, can never have too many.) 

Just please oh please no false eyelashes or earrings. 

I am a little worried about earrings, but hopefully I can regift or trade them if we get a pair. 

I would love a fun piece of statement jewelry like the erickson beamon cuff from the last holiday LE box, maybe some really pretty arm warmers, a palette, fancy cocoa, and maybe some little cocktail plates or cloth cocktail napkins as a home item. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I'll be happy unless the box is totally insane or something like that.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last year's LE holiday box was probably my favorite, but....... I'll take my chances and wait. XD

I got last year's holiday for her box and I got it in 2012 as well. I just quit my job which I am very happy about but it means I'm definitely not splurging this year. I even cancelled my monthly subscription which I said I would never ever do.

However, I AM getting the men's holiday box for my boyfriend. Looking back on the 2012/2013 men's holiday boxes, he would use every single item. Hopefully this year's will be a good value and make a nice gift.  Is anyone else buying the men's box?

My husband accidentally bought two boxes - so in the event that Popsugar won't cancel one of the boxes - would anyone be interested in buying it from me? 

Back